• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How would you bring Dash to a small, poor country?

dash_gt_urcoin

Hello Dash community,

I am wondering on how exactly you would pitch Dash (or cryptocurrency in general) to an extremely small country, maybe the size of a mid-sized city. Their currency is pegged to the USD, however is not the USD, and this country is a sovereign nation. The country does not have any extreme fiscal issues like say Venezuela or Zimbabwe. This country has some tourism, but not heavy tourism

What would the benefits be of a small (sovereign) country using cryptocurrency as it's medium of exchange? Would it be pitched as a way to bring in wealthy, crypto savvy tourists, in order to ramp up the tourism economy? A way to stimulate the economy and bring in foreign companies seeking a safe haven?

I have some considerable influence in a very small nation meeting these characteristics. I would love to hear about your ideas of bringing cryptocurrency & Dash specifically to a small nation like this.

I can't say much further, please don't ask. This should be treated as more of a brainstorming thread :)

Build up community by explaining Cryptocurrencies in general and Dash specific
meets ups and such
start getting Merchant adoption
talk to government ;)

I'm actually more curious about something like this. How would you go about convincing a government to "switch" to cryptocurrency? What benefits would it bring?

I don't foresee a number of Governments latching onto crypto because of their current free reign of how they can "create" (print) money at freewill.

Hello Dash community,

I am wondering on how exactly you would pitch Dash (or cryptocurrency in general) to an extremely small country, maybe the size of a mid-sized city. Their currency is pegged to the USD, however is not the USD, and this country is a sovereign nation. The country does not have any extreme fiscal issues like say Venezuela or Zimbabwe. This country has some tourism, but not heavy tourism

What would the benefits be of a small (sovereign) country using cryptocurrency as it's medium of exchange? Would it be pitched as a way to bring in wealthy, crypto savvy tourists, in order to ramp up the tourism economy? A way to stimulate the economy and bring in foreign companies seeking a safe haven?

I have some considerable influence in a very small nation meeting these characteristics. I would love to hear about your ideas of bringing cryptocurrency & Dash specifically to a small nation like this.

I can't say much further, please don't ask. This should be treated as more of a brainstorming thread :)

I do have some thoughts on this, but I'm still new around here and finding my way. My thoughts would be to tie it to daily use cases and let someone gradually learn about the benefits of crypto. Games are a sure way that people have become easily accustomed to 'virtual currencies', so why not have games/apps that their 'virtual currencies' (the tokens in the game) are actually crypto?

First thing to do is look for fiat exchange options, local merchants need to be able to convert back to local
currency if necessary to pay ongoing bills, cannot get merchant adoption without good on and off ramps.

First thing to do is look for fiat exchange options, local merchants need to be able to convert back to local
currency if necessary to pay ongoing bills, cannot get merchant adoption without good on and off ramps.

I've I've been reading a lot around here and getting a better understanding.

I'll comment from the perspective of someone who is in a country where 98% of payments are virtual and over 70% of those virtual payments are through mobile money.

I'd say you'd need an ecosystem; ability for users to get in and out of crypto as and when they desire (an exchange or agent network can solve this) together with merchants who will accept crypto as a means of payments. In order for merchants to accept crypto, it'll need to be easy for them to convert to fiat, or their supplier ought to accept crypto too.

User need to be educated and taught that this is not a scam (there have been a number of opportunists that have capatilised on unsuspecting new users to crypto and left them with a bad taste in their mouth.

I think the best way to bring a cryptocurrency to a small, poor country is the getfreedash project of @Dashmaximalist.
Getfreedash was obviously an extremely successful project, that has been defunded in fear that ...it will be successful.
You can discover who defunded getfreedash project here.

Last edited:
I think the best way to bring a cryptocurrency to a small, poor country is the getfreedash project of @Dashmaximalist.
Getfreedash was obviously an extremely successful project, that has been defunded in fear that ...it will be successful.
You can discover who defunded getfreedash project here.

Getfreedash was de-funded for many other reasons, not because anyone is afraid of success (why would you even think that?)
Airdrops or giving away free dash is certainly one way to try going about it, though.

In a country as small and poor as it is, the ideal is to reach the productive area and convince of the advantages of Dash, proposing forms of financing that reflect the social value of adoption and the advantages we offer.

the poor countrys are the big oportunity for this network because can grow faster, and usea dash is more useful than in a country with economics wealth and equilibrum.
i think is necesary make serious economics plans for this kinf of projects

Getfreedash was de-funded for many other reasons, not because anyone is afraid of success (why would you even think that?)
Airdrops or giving away free dash is certainly one way to try going about it, though.

If the reason of stopping getfreedash was the credibility of @Dashmaximalist, then why nobody continues his work/idea?
An idea is unrelated to the person who support it, and a good idea is always independent to the person who implement it in a bad way.

promote cashless way of paying for everything;
Make dash mining affordable there +create dash/crypto museum to associate this country with cryptos;
make dash trading accessible in the country, e.g. payment terminals (crypto) etc

Back