• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How to Run Dash-qt on Testnet (Linux Video)

B

buster

This tutorial will help you run the latest Dash-qt client on Test-net. This video is mean't for Linux but can be used for Windows/Mac as well. You will just need to locate your dash.conf in the Dash Data directory.

Do you know anything about the dash-tx, am thinking could take a few timing measurements ..

I was playing around with the dashd and dash-cli, but I'm not sure what the dash-tx is... What is it, do you know?

**edit I was just messing around with the dash-tx, I found the command list for dash-tx: What do i type in to do the timing measurements?

Usage:
dash-tx [options] <hex-tx> [commands] Update hex-encoded dash transaction
-cre dash-tx [options] -create [commands] Create hex-encoded dash transaction

Options:
-? This help message
-create Create new, empty TX.
-json Select JSON output
-txid Output only the hex-encoded transaction id of the resultant transaction.
-regtest Enter regression test mode, which uses a special chain in which blocks can be solved instantly.
-testnet Use the test network

Commands:
delin=N Delete input N from TX
delout=N Delete output N from TX
in=TXID:VOUT Add input to TX
locktime=N Set TX lock time to N
nversion=N Set TX version to N
outaddr=VALUE:ADDRESS Add address-based output to TX
outscript=VALUE:SCRIPT Add raw script output to TX
sign=SIGHASH-FLAGS Add zero or more signatures to transaction
This command requires JSON registers:
prevtxs=JSON object
privatekeys=JSON object
See signrawtransaction docs for format of sighash flags, JSON objects.

Register Commands:
load=NAME:FILENAME Load JSON file FILENAME into register NAME
set=NAME:JSON-STRING Set register NAME to given JSON-STRING

Last edited:
I was playing around with the dashd and dash-cli, but I'm not sure what the dash-tx is... What is it, do you know?

**edit I was just messing around with the dash-tx, I found the command list for dash-tx: What do i type in to do the timing measurements?

I think they use it for plotting memory pool size and other variables, not sussed it out yet, but looks like a good tool for real time analysis and stress tests.
When I try to run test-dash.exe in DOS, it runs a series of tests.
If you see a link for a how to guide , post it please.
This is not very clear,
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/35548/what-are-test-bitcoin-exe-and-test-bitcoin-qt-exe

Last edited by a moderator:
Back