• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How to recover my Dash Core wallet using my password?

mateus1986

How to recover my Dash Core wallet using my password? If I format the computer can recover my dashs through it? as?

uh - did you save / back-up your wallet and/or wallet.dat file?
If not - your format would have destroyed the DASH...

good luck...

The DASH Core wallet is not deterministic like the Bitcoin Armory or Electrum wallets are, so you absolutely need to have both the password AND the wallet.dat file in order to access your coins.

I have recovered mine a few times already. Had the wallet.Dat but no pass word.
I know I should password protect it

You can recover your coins if you have wallet.dat backed up or if you have the private key(s). Do you have either?

Yeah if you have the private keys for any addresses in the wallet, then you can create a new wallet and import the keys. Although, most people probably would back up the wallet and password not the private key list

Somebody will post the cmd-line code soon I'me sure
if not - I'll be home in 2.5 hours....

For dump priv key in 1 line command,
dash-cli listaddressgroupings |grep \", |cut -d '"' -f 2| awk '{ print "dash-cli dumpprivkey " $1}' |/bin/sh >> privkey.txt

or these

Okay, looks like things are fixed.

I unlocked the wallet from the GUI. In Debug, I did dumpprivkey <address>, copied the pair to a file for preservation, and then importprivkey <privkey> <label>. The address showed back up in the receiving address list and all the transactions lists updated to show the Label, rather than the greyed out parenthetical address. Re-locked the wallet from the GUI.

I found the Clear Console button, so now my passphrase isn't sitting there in the clear. Thanks for the generous use of 'tooltips' on the controls!

Again I am so grateful for your kind help, folks.

Without a doubt there are many things more urgent and important requiring development, but I hope that hardening the process of managing the wallet.dat file against uncontrolled shut-downs can get some attention some day. Since I'm not solo mining, I could choose not to keep the client running all the time, but if I remember right, doing so contributes to the network?

Meanwhile, I've done without a UPS for too long. If I insist on running software that creates a lot of disk and network traffic, it's clear I can't just rely on Linux' basic robustness to protect me.

Again, thanks very much.

Peace,

M.

Back