• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How to onboard 300,000 new users in one geographic location

Demo, and everybody else has the absolute right to ask questions, we might not agree on the answers, but we welcome the dialogue :)

Absolutely. I didn't want you to conflate Demo's opinion with the larger Dash community opinion. Or mine for that matter.

And thank you for posting that article, I was aware of the issues and discussions surrounding it, but had not read that specific one.

You have better also read what satoshi said about trust-less systems.

https://news.bitcoin.com/the-satoshi-revolution-a-revolution-of-rising-expectations-chap1-part1/

It is disappointing, when I see people doing the same mistakes, again and again.
You should avoid obeying to a trustee, or being a trustee.

"A trustless system is one that does not depend upon the intentions of its participants, who may be honorable or malicious. The system functions in the same manner regardless of intentions."

Simply using multi-currency's wallets are not a solution, the disable key features of coins, in case of Dash instant send, and private sent are no longer available which are key features if one wants to be able to spend at local brick and mortar stores (I hope you already know that 0-conf is not secure enough) For a merchants accepting different currency's it's even more complicated, because which POS-devices will he use ? how many will he use ? Who will pay for the initially upfront cost the POS devices ? once he uses them, to what currency will he convert them ?, how much will he be charged from one to another crypto.

Your argument is invalid.
Nobody said multi-currency wallets are a prerequisite. People will be taught about cryptos, and they will choose their favorite one.
Then the merchants can easily adopt multicurrency services like CoinPayments.com

Last edited:
You have better also read what satoshi said about trust-less systems.

https://news.bitcoin.com/the-satoshi-revolution-a-revolution-of-rising-expectations-chap1-part1/

It is disappointing, when I see people doing the same mistakes, again and again.
You should avoid obeying to a trustee, or being a trustee.

"A trustless system is one that does not depend upon the intentions of its participants, who may be honorable or malicious. The system functions in the same manner regardless of intentions."

You argument is invalid.
Nobody said multi-currency wallets are a prerequisite. People will be taught about cryptos, and they will choose their favorite one.
Then the merchants can easily adopt multicurrency services like CoinPayments.com

If you don't mind me asking, Demo, how long have you been involved with crypto and would you describe your job as being "technical"?

I ask because the large majority of people we'd be helping don't understand what a wallet is, let alone the politics and ideals of a trustless system. One of the common responses we get back from people is "it sounds too complicated" or "it sounds like something illegal". If we run a workshop where people can ask questions in a one-to-one environment we can alleviate some of those concerns.

Last edited:
the large majority of people we'd be helping don't understand what a wallet is, let alone the politics and ideals of a trustless system. One of the common responses we get back from people is "it sounds too complicated" or "it sounds like something illegal". If we run a workshop where people can ask questions in a one-to-one environment we can alleviate some of those concerns.

They don't need to understand the ideal of a trustless system to know the risks inherent in giving you their fingerprints. Highly recommend you develop a plan for overcoming the legitimate objections of the people who will be intimidated by this because they are the same people who most need assistance as they can not work legally in Colombia.

I suspect there is going to need to be a long and public self-serve education process where local leaders are cultivated and where they cultivate even more local leaders who can all collectively help all but the most tech savvy (perhaps 5% at best) to feel comfortable with crypto, and who can conduct comfort/education sessions in the comfort of people's homes at their leisure.

Just having a one-on-one session is not necessarily meaningful where you have people who are intimidated by the very topic at hand.

suspect there is going to need to be a long and public self-serve education process where local leaders are cultivated and where they cultivate even more local leaders who can all collectively help all but the most tech savvy (perhaps 5% at best) to feel comfortable with crypto, and who can conduct comfort/education sessions in the comfort of people's homes at their leisure.

I would like to add, not all crypto, not at all in fact, if you held bitcoin for instance in portions of 100 dollars you would have very hard time getting does funds out during last bull-run, you'd be rightfully so distrustful of bitcoin. Lot's of stuff is wrong with multiple currency's. To trust the wrong ones will bring a negative affect on the good ones.

I dont know whether someone intimidates me, or whether there is a technical/network problem that prevents me for talking or opening new accounts.
I suspect a computer deamon marked me as dangerous, and he keeps deleting or delaying my messages, without intervention of a human admin.

I would like to add, not all crypto, not at all in fact, if you held bitcoin for instance in portions of 100 dollars you would have very hard time getting does funds out during last bull-run, you'd be rightfully so distrustful of bitcoin. Lot's of stuff is wrong with multiple currency's. To trust the wrong ones will bring a negative affect on the good ones.

Let the teachers teach the crypto properties, and let the students decide which crypto is good and which is bad for them. Promoting Dash as the unique and the best crypto solution, is silly, untrue and against the freedom of choice.

Last edited:
They don't need to understand the ideal of a trustless system to know the risks inherent in giving you their fingerprints. Highly recommend you develop a plan for overcoming the legitimate objections of the people who will be intimidated by this because they are the same people who most need assistance as they can not work legally in Colombia.

I suspect there is going to need to be a long and public self-serve education process where local leaders are cultivated and where they cultivate even more local leaders who can all collectively help all but the most tech savvy (perhaps 5% at best) to feel comfortable with crypto, and who can conduct comfort/education sessions in the comfort of people's homes at their leisure.

Just having a one-on-one session is not necessarily meaningful where you have people who are intimidated by the very topic at hand.

I strongly disagree that visiting people in their homes is a solution. But thank you for the suggestions we will discuss their potential.

I strongly disagree that visiting people in their homes is a solution. But thank you for the suggestions we will discuss their potential.

You have misunderstood.

If you think Colombian and Venezuelan friends and families are not going to meaningfully wrap their heads around cryptocurrency and come to final conclusions about your project in small group conversations in private settings taking guidance from people they trust whom are currently unknown to you, you have not done your market research or thought this through.

I encourage you and David to be radically more willing to listen and understand things which are currently new to you. Recognize that you actually possess only perhaps 10% of what you need to achieve success with your project, and adjust yourselves accordingly.

Then you will be better positioned to achieve success here.

You have misunderstood.

If you think Colombian and Venezuelan friends and families are not going to meaningfully wrap their heads around cryptocurrency and come to final conclusions about your project in small group conversations in private settings taking guidance from people they trust whom are currently unknown to you, you have not done your market research or thought this through.

I encourage you and David to be radically more willing to listen and understand things which are currently new to you. Recognize that you actually possess only perhaps 10% of what you need to achieve success with your project, and adjust yourselves accordingly.

Then you will be better positioned to achieve success here.

I did not dismiss anything you suggested, I agree with some of the points you make, and as I hope I've made clear that dialogue and discussions are welcomed, I am just not willing to commit to anything without discussing within the group. There are more people involved than just David and I.

Let the teachers teach the crypto properties, and let the students decide which crypto is good and which is bad for them. Promoting Dash as the unique and the best crypto solution, is silly, untrue and against the freedom of choice.

You are twisting my words, at any-rate you'll always have to be open to what a teacher is teaching you, if you don't trust him than you should not ask him to teach you. Learning about crypto can be done multiple ways, but I very much doubt that each and every person in the World is going to take years out of there live and reach the optimal level of understanding. Even you do a short explaining you'll probably wind up with people investing/using the incorrect crypto. If I go down the list just the top11 alone there are at-least 6 coins that should not be their for various reasons. I would much rather just tell which one to use, that tell them my story is to long to boring for you, and only after a couple of weeks at best you'll be able to make a half decent decision.

*PS you're blocked, so I will not waist more time on you, do you have some good out the box idea's it not worth the irritation you bring with it,

This proposal is the most indecent I've seen on Dash. Exploiting poverty to make his little pile of Dash pretending to be a good deed.
What a shame.

You're a good salesman of dangerous dreams

This proposal is the most indecent I've seen on Dash. Exploiting poverty to make his little pile of Dash pretending to be a good deed.
What a shame.

So Jol, in what way is David or his team exploiting poverty?

What a shame.

After meeting with David twice in person here in Colombia and talking with him about this project for hours, he may have an excess of ego and may not be the best listener, but I do not believe for one second that he is doing this to enrich himself at the expense of Dash.

There is no exploitation or pretending happening here.

I invite all those interested in humanitarian aid, the flow of money, and the well-being of Venezuela to do some research on the consequences. All the consequences.

After meeting with David twice in person here in Colombia and talking with him about this project for hours, he may have an excess of ego and may not be the best listener

That became quit clear to me after he responded to my post here

but I do not believe for one second that he is doing this to enrich himself at the expense of Dash.

There is no exploitation or pretending happening here.

He does not have to he is rich enough, the maslow pyramid connects with his behavior as well.

I invite all those interested in humanitarian aid, the flow of money, and the well-being of Venezuela to do some research on the consequences. All the consequences.

You have a wonderful point here and I agree that aid to the poor more often goes wrong than right. I have been doing a lot of research on that lately. Take, for example, Bill Gates' mosquito nets.

That said, there is a lot of research supporting the idea of direct cash transfers. See, for example, http://givedirectly.org/ and their extensive research.

But, the bottom line, and the one I have mentioned to David on a couple occasions, is that there needs to be a plan for the money to flow, so that there is actually a chance for a crypto economy to form, and the crypto he distributes doesn't just turn into an expensive voucher program.

If we view the people of the developing word less as poor and more as partners with unique skillsets and their own agency and history, I think initiatives like David's are going to be more successful.

I think initiatives like David's are going to be more successful.
If David is going to plan to promote and use multiple currency's it will probably quickly turn to a game, how to earn the most with crypto's, it will completely distract from the goal to replace a the failing bolivar.
Do this is new territory, my point at the very least, connects very well with bitcoin collapsing market dominance. One just can go around the reddit, twitter and medium post, to see that what's happening we are not working together as one. The fear greed of not holding the right crypto, is not heallty for creating a healthy decentralized monetary policy

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage

As noted by several others, without a real and coordinated plan to have merchants, with product available, easily accepting the cryptocurrency or cryptocurrencies, this will fail.

Sure, eventually, they would show up on their own. That could take months. In my estimation, if the economic refugees don't have a meaningful product to buy within the first 1-3 weeks, interest and effort will rapidly drop to zero.

What a shame.

Wow, if that is your conclusion after doing your research on David, then I seriously start questioning your ability to judge character AND proposals o_O

Back