• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Having trouble Syncing wallet to network

tuppydog

It's been 20 hrs, is this a known issue? I'm running v0.11.0.13. It was working fine, then it just stopped updating on one more immature transaction...

It's been 20 hrs, is this a known issue? I'm running v0.11.0.13. It was working fine, then it just stopped updating on one more immature transaction...

what operating system are you running on ?

quit and
-- reindex

is my suggestion

Running Windows 7, how or where do I enter the command --reindex, is this in the area where the help menu is, sorry I'm at work right now, hard to visualize, and fairly new at this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Running Windows 7, how or where do I enter the command --reindex, is this in the area where the help menu is, sorry I'm at work right now, hard to visualize, and fairly new at this...

i am a total MAC guy
you gotta wait for the PC Pro's to get on
UdjinM6 do you have a tip there
tx

I always create a darkcoin folder at the top level directly in the 'C' drive in my computer to make it easier to find, place the latest wallet in there, and then open a cmd DOS window via the search box or run in the start button on the left.
Navigate to the darkcoin folder using 'cd..' to go up 1 level, and 'cd' to change directory/folder(cd darkcoin), using 'dir' to see contents, once you are in the darkcoin quicktime folder, issue the command darkcoin-qt.exe --reindex

likely combination is,
cd..
cd..
cd darkcoin
dir
darkcoin-qt.exe --reindex

I always create a darkcoin folder at the top level directly in the 'C' drive in my computer to make it easier to find, place the latest wallet in there, and then open a cmd DOS window via the search box or run in the start button on the left.
Navigate to the darkcoin folder using 'cd..' to go up 1 level, and 'cd' to change directory/folder(cd darkcoin), using 'dir' to see contents, once you are in the darkcoin quicktime folder, issue the command darkcoin-qt.exe --reindex

likely combination is,
cd..
cd..
cd darkcoin
dir
Could you explain how to "move" the main wallet to the newly created darkcoin folder, maybe show me the steps to do (sorry I am not that great with the programming part of this), thank you...!

Could you explain how to "move" the main wallet to the newly created darkcoin folder, maybe show me the steps to do (sorry I am not that great with the programming part of this), thank you...!
You do not need to move the wallet.dat, your actual darkcoin containing wallet is in the roaming folder (could be hidden, goto folder options to show all) but you do NOT need to change this (unless you are pasting a back up wallet into it so leave it alone for now,deleting the wallet will lose your coins, make sure have backups, sometimes peers have to deleted but never the wallet usually)
download 0.11.0.13 version of darkcoin, 64 bit presumably. extract it and place the darkcoin-qt.exe into the new darkcoin folder, it will look to the roaming folder automatically to update the wallet-you dont have to set anything normally..

ok, understood, thank you, yes i am running 64, I just want to be sure I do this correctly. Things were running very well for the last month, just with all of the software changes lately, things have gotten a little screwy. I may get with you off line if u don't mind, if I run into any problems, thanks again Sub-Ether

ok, understood, thank you, yes i am running 64, I just want to be sure I do this correctly. Things were running very well for the last month, just with all of the software changes lately, things have gotten a little screwy. I may get with you off line if u don't mind, if I run into any problems, thanks again Sub-Ether
Yer, sure, PM me, or better post here,so others can read it :grin:

likely combination is,
cd..
cd..
cd darkcoin
dir
Sub, just to give you all a background, I had updated every version that had came out during the Jan 19th - 25th fiasco and had kept mining though it, with relatively no problems. But now have lost every mining transaction during this time period. I searched my entire hard drive (also turned off hidden files) and found 3 different wallet locations. For each location, I ran the reindex and these are the wallet locations:
C:\Users\tuppy\Desktop\darkcoin-0.11.0.13-win\64
C:\Users\tuppy\Desktop\darkcoin-0.11.0.13-win\32
C:\Program Files\Darkcoin

After running reindex on each wallet location, the same missing transactions for Jan 19th - 25th happened. I have other miners running on 3 computers which were running normal during this time. I noticed I'm getting normal transactions now, and everything looks normal for now, it's just that I had lost a considerable amount of coins during that time frame, I believe the higher gains I had during the 19 - 25th were because of the low difficulty rates at that time. I'm frustrated that all of those coins could have just "disappeared" during that time frame, makes no sense. Because there has been no upgrade from 0.11.0.13, also I looked at the export log and there is the same gap in dates.

Not sure what to do next, maybe erase the downloaded 64-bit version, and reinstall, not too hopeful that will will work., any ideas anyone? Has anyone else ran into anything like this during this time period? Or is there a simple command I am missing? thanks..!.....

Sub, just to give you all a background, I had updated every version that had came out during the Jan 19th - 25th fiasco and had kept mining though it, with relatively no problems. But now have lost every mining transaction during this time period. I searched my entire hard drive (also turned off hidden files) and found 3 different wallet locations. For each location, I ran the reindex and these are the wallet locations:

After running reindex on each wallet location, the same missing transactions for Jan 19th - 25th happened. I have other miners running on 3 computers which were running normal during this time. I noticed I'm getting normal transactions now, and everything looks normal for now, it's just that I had lost a considerable amount of coins during that time frame, I believe the higher gains I had during the 19 - 25th were because of the low difficulty rates at that time. I'm frustrated that all of those coins could have just "disappeared" during that time frame, makes no sense. Because there has been no upgrade from 0.11.0.13, also I looked at the export log and there is the same gap in dates.

Not sure what to do next, maybe erase the downloaded 64-bit version, and reinstall, not too hopeful that will will work., any ideas anyone? Has anyone else ran into anything like this during this time period? Or is there a simple command I am missing? thanks..!.....

...and it would make sense that you lost every transaction if you were mining on a bad fork. You don't magically get to keep what you mined if you happen to be mining on a bad fork and solve blocks. When you reindexed, did you make sure to delete your peers.dat first before the reindex?

One reindex should be enough, the roaming folder only contains one .dat record. It sounds like you may have stepped on the wrong fork chain, what mining pool were you using during that period?
Tip for the future :Check your difficulty in console, using getmininginfo and make sure its the highest one.

The main pool I was using was:
http://drk02.p2poolmining.us:7903/static/# ---
A pool that is recommended here from a user, and one that I am still using. Also I was using
http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903/static/ for a while until it also crashed due to the software changes. Seems strange that I had the shares during this chunk of time in my wallet with no problems all the way until yesterday, then darkwallet crashes, then I loose everything from Jan 19th- 25th. How could everything just "disappear"? I might as well be picking up pennies off the ground for the time wasted.
I did use "getmininginfo" during this time, but I don't know the significance of the number. here is what it looks like now:
p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
cmd-reply

{

"blocks" : 210089,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 3074.59280221,
"errors" : "",
"genproclimit" : -1,
"networkhashps" : 89269883315,
"pooledtx" : 5,
"testnet" : false,
"generate" : false,
"hashespersec" : 0
}

I had looked for peers.dat on my computer and never could find it before I decided to launch reindex., I unchecked unhidden files etc. before running a search for that file, Running win 7 pro. Any other ideas, or do you think I was just mining fools gold?

The main pool I was using was:
http://drk02.p2poolmining.us:7903/static/# ---
A pool that is recommended here from a user, and one that I am still using. Also I was using
http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903/static/ for a while until it also crashed due to the software changes. Seems strange that I had the shares during this chunk of time in my wallet with no problems all the way until yesterday, then darkwallet crashes, then I loose everything from Jan 19th- 25th. How could everything just "disappear"? I might as well be picking up pennies off the ground for the time wasted.
I did use "getmininginfo" during this time, but I don't know the significance of the number. here is what it looks like now:
p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
cmd-reply

{
"blocks" : 210089,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 3074.59280221,
"errors" : "",
"genproclimit" : -1,
"networkhashps" : 89269883315,
"pooledtx" : 5,
"testnet" : false,
"generate" : false,
"hashespersec" : 0
}

I had looked for peers.dat on my computer and never could find it before I decided to launch reindex., I unchecked unhidden files etc. before running a search for that file, Running win 7 pro. Any other ideas, or do you think I was just mining fools gold?

Looking at difficulty now isn't going to anything if the pool is back on the right fork. Again, the coins mined disappear because you are on the wrong chain during that time. You can't have two chains of mined coins and then have them merge back into one--one chain is going to be orphaned completely from the forking point.

As for the peers.dat, it's in your datafolder, usually /appdata/roamingdarkcoin/ on windows. Go to the start bar and in the search panel type "%appdata%" and you should see a roaming folder. Go into there and you'll find the darkcoin folder.

Oblox, If something like this happens again, what would the difficulty number tell me? I mean, what is too low, or too high etc?...Thanks for the explanation about the forks, that is now starting to make sense, was probably on the wrong side of the fork, but yet, it was all showing up in my wallet dates and DRK coins, ususally when you mine and it's showing Yeas!, nothing shows up in your wallet..... .I'm at work now, but when I get home I'll check out the roaming folder. What should I be looking for in there? Thanks again

Back