• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

HardFork Series Masterthread

@hardfork-series At this point, I'm not worried about the proposal fee, I'm more concerned that a delay will impact the production timeline.

To all MNOs, please consider this; how would you feel if another crypto stole the limelight?

We have plenty of room in this month's budget, and there is nothing about this proposal that remotely seems scammy. Is doing nothing really better than doing something?

For those who voted no, please at least come forward and explain your position.

Thanks

I'm fairly sure it's cognitive bias partly due to the usability of dashcentral.org. It really is a pile of junk from a UI/UX standpoint and lacks some really basic sorting features.

1. Its lower on the list, therefore MNO's don't scroll down.
2. It was posted a while back so MNO's assume its not going to pass so why vote.

Any proposal posted early in the cycle that is controversial at all from the start has a hard time coming back.

Yeah, that makes sense @ampp. Helpful to know. If we end up having to re-apply is there a sweet spot for how far into the superblock to post the proposal?
And if anyone's having trouble finding our proposal, here's the link again... Thanks!

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DASHToSponsor-PremiereBlockchainSeries

Less than 100 votes to get this done. Let's make it rain yes votes at the end. We're talking about getting this on Netflix with -millions- of people seeing it.

There were plenty of folks who were frustrated by our lack of outreach on many channels. Here's another channel being handed to us on a silver platter. Does it take a small leap of faith? Sure, but it's a pretty small jump in my estimation.

What a great outreach tool. If you have friends and family and coworkers who don't get how big Dash is, just link them to the movie. "Yeah, we made this." Yeah, conceptually, that's we are all about.

wowww, congratulations! honestly, I wasn't expecting that, but thanks to everyone that voted this through. 2018 isn't going to be such a good year!

Talk about a nail-biter! I'm still holding my breath.

Both DashCentral and DashVoteTracker are indicating that this proposal is passing (2 hours to the deadline as I'm writing), but the math doesn't look right to me.

795 Yes / 319 No / 48 Abstain

476 net.

DashCentral indicates 4655 masternodes, while DashVoteTracker indicates 5204 masternodes. DashNinja indicates 4654.

Something is wrong with the DashVoteTracker masternode count. I'll point that out in another thread.

DashCentral is indicating that the vote deadline has passed, while DashVoteTracker indicates 2 more hours.

That's another issue that needs to be addressed.

But it looks like CONGRATULATIONS are in order!

Talk about a nail-biter! I'm still holding my breath.

Both DashCentral and DashVoteTracker are indicating that this proposal is passing (2 hours to the deadline as I'm writing), but the math doesn't look right to me.

795 Yes / 319 No / 48 Abstain

476 net.

DashCentral indicates 4655 masternodes, while DashVoteTracker indicates 5204 masternodes. DashNinja indicates 4654.

Something is wrong with the DashVoteTracker masternode count. I'll point that out in another thread.

DashCentral is indicating that the vote deadline has passed, while DashVoteTracker indicates 2 more hours.

That's another issue that needs to be addressed.

But it looks like CONGRATULATIONS are in order!

I *think* dashvotetracker uses dashcentral data, thus maybe a cronjob pulling data, in which case I would guess dashcentral is more correct.. but I agree, the math doesn't quite add up

I *think* dashvotetracker uses dashcentral data, thus maybe a cronjob pulling data, in which case I would guess dashcentral is more correct.. but I agree, the math doesn't quite add up

Dashvotetracker gets the masternode count from the Dashninja API, and the Dashninja API is not returning the correct number (see https://www.dashninja.pl/api/masternodes/stats), even though the site itself displays the correct amount.

I think this proposal and the dash documentary both have something to prove as they both just scrapped through at the eleventh hour.

Long term, when the budget balloons, it would be nice to have a Dash Entertainment DAO; a board of people that can be trusted to make these kind of decisions for us. Okay, enough dreaming...

Back