• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

HardFork Series Masterthread

Happy DASHmas!!
If your eyes are getting tired of the yule log vid... he's a short from festivus past:
Doug's Sundance '09 flick - Ten For Grandpa

Our own Naomi Brockwell has been busy spreading Dashday Cheer...
She just released this in-depth video for her audience that features Jason King and Joel Valenzuela explaining what DASH is and why they love it!

HardFork Talent Highlight: Erin Ruth

NhXqcPhh.jpg

(Erinn Ruth on the set of the HardFork Teaser Trailer being lensed by cinematographer Graham Willoughby)

You may recognize Erinn Ruth, as "Mo" Reegert in the ShowTime series Billions. Other recent credits include Blindspot, Law & Order: SUV, and As The World Turns.

Erinn does an amazing job bringing our character, Jelique, to life in our HardFork Series teaser trailer.

eVVYPol.jpg

We asked Erinn how she thinks blockchain could change the world?

"I think there's something very democratic about the way an independent currency can work, something that's outside the system (or many systems). And with the public ledger it's a new way of looking at currency that takes it out of the shadows and somehow gives it an honesty. Less Ayn Rand. I also think that it has the possibility to be a really important survival tool: a theoretically incorruptible medium that travels pretty light. In seeing of all the global migrations happening currently, it also looks like a smart add to a bug-out-bag. Which I may or may not already have…"​

What is the single best thing people can do to change the future of our world for the better?

"Listen harder and to everything. All of innovation, daydreaming, curiosity, empathy... starts here."​

So that’s a little hit of what an amazingly cool person Erinn is.

Yours in the Chain,
The HardFork Team

HardFork Distributed Ledger Tech Lead Matt Niemerg on Getting Crypto-Noir Sci-fi Right

As HardFork’s technical lead, Matt will be using his real world experience in the blockchain sector to make sure DASH is presented in the best possible light and that the DASH tech integrated into our story is done so properly from a technical perspective. There’s nothing worse than Sci-fi that gets the tech wrong. We’re assembling the best of the best for the HardFork team to make sure we get it right.

I have reason to believe the US Feds put a lot of effort into inserting propaganda on prime time TV shows to bad mouth Bitcoin in particular and crypto in general. That's where that widespread impression came from that Bitcoin is only for criminals and druggies and people that want to hire a killer. It is a known fact that they repealed the Smith-Mundt act around 2012.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2013/07/14...an-spreads-government-made-news-to-americans/

I'm tired of playing defense. This projects allows us to go on the offensive and portray Dash (very correctly) as the antidote to the crooked banksters that want to run your life.

Git out there and vote yes folks. It's not like we can't afford this.

Eric and Doug just finished a really fun and in-depth interview with Craig Mason, and we're feeling really thankful for getting to be a part of the proposal DASH process. We've learned so much, and it's been a hugely valuable experience. We're reinvigorated for the last days of the campaign and committed even more deeply to making HardFork a reality.

Thanks for all the incredibly lively conversations today! What an amazing process this has been, win or lose, we’ve learned so much and truly feel a part of the DASH community now. We’re super excited to make HardFork, and feel like Dash is the perfect fit. If you’re on the fence or want to know more, please reach out!

aToMMnV.jpg

I have no idea why this is lacking votes. These guys are obviously very capable and they have been engaging with us very positively. The potential exposure here is huge. Why Max Keiser and Huobi but not this? - makes no sense.

I'm fairly sure it's cognitive bias partly due to the usability of dashcentral.org. It really is a pile of junk from a UI/UX standpoint and lacks some really basic sorting features.

1. Its lower on the list, therefore MNO's don't scroll down.
2. It was posted a while back so MNO's assume its not going to pass so why vote.

Any proposal posted early in the cycle that is controversial at all from the start has a hard time coming back.

The No voters really should come here and explain what they are thinking.

If another crypto gets this instead, there's a good chance I'll be buying it.

I agreed one hundred percent. Let's rally some support here and get this resubmitted next cycle. The interview they did with the Mason brothers really helped inform my opinion and realize the greater vision.

I would encourage any No voters to watch this video. It's not too late to switch your vote to yes.

T
I agreed one hundred percent. Let's rally some support here and get this resubmitted next cycle. The interview they did with the Mason brothers really helped inform my opinion and realize the greater vision.
I would encourage any No voters to watch this video. It's not too late to switch your vote to yes.

Thanks so much @feedbands! Your support is fantastic and congrats on your proposal passing!

Back