• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

GPU vs ASIC

Hodbal

Hi guys.

As ive already understood, Dash mining seems to be much less efficient lately and a lot of people got frustrated by investing in ASIC miners such D3.

I know GPU are less efficient, but if i invest at a small mining farm which will be ready in about 1 month time, i put much less risk if i find it not profitible as i can either use my GPU’s to mine other coins, or simply sell them to gamers.
I’m living in Israel. Electricity isn’t too cheap here.

What do you guys think?

You'll probably get 0 DASH by mining Dash on GPU - can't compete with ASICs.

ASIC D3 I understand to use mining coin DASH only and very Hi power hastrate...but can't to rig other coins...not same GPU to use rig many other coin ..but in my choice If I have money to profit in 1 month . I Choice ASIC .and 8 GPU AMD for 4rig. in small mining fram. to get DASH and XMR, ZEC. If Electricity not my problem I plan to diy wildmind and solarcell to resource power.in fram

I support GPU based mining as it can be used to mine many altcoins. Unlike asic miners which are optmized to mine a coin or two. Once the retrns start diminishing you are stuck with the ASIC miner. I have been using my GPU based rig to mine bitcoin and occasionally have been switching to mine other coins based on profitability.

Back