• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

GetFreeDash campaign must be stopped ASAP

Yes, I agree the emails are incredibly valuable because gathering those would solve several issues and give us a means to contact each user whenever we wanted e.g. if a new training program was released or if we have a new campaign we would like the users to be involved with e.g. viral marketing campaign.

If we used a professional email handling service such as https://www.aweber.com then they would go through a email validation procedure. This procedure involves sending the recipient an email that they would need to click on to be validated. If the email has been used previously it will not be added to the list. If they do not validate the email by clicking on the validation they are also not added to the mailing list. This means now fraudsters would have to have valid emails for each attempt of getting free DASH.

The next question is if the same person or small group of people are undertaking the fraud it is likely they would be using the same IP address or they would be using a small subset of IP addresses e.g through a VPN. I would need to check but I think the Aweber service also reports the IP address and location of the person. We could ensure that the validations could ONLY come from a Venezuela IP address and this would also eliminate the VPN issues because VPNs typically use different countries. We could make it such that the validation of the address MUST be a Venezuela IP and it must be unique.

Aweber also has guidelines on how to ensure that the addresses of emails are properly handled. Aweber servers are also whitelisted with many of the mail handling giants to ensure the mail gets through.

Adding email validation in addition to other validations may also make it considerably more difficult for fraudsters because now they would have to do the following:

a) have a source for unique SIM cards
b) continuously setup new email addressess and go through a validation for each one.
c) find a way to have unique IP addresses in Venezuela every time they sign up.
d) would have to go through a double validation procedure with Aweber where the email address is only added to the mailing list once it is validated by the owner. This is time consuming for a fraudster to do.

Now a fraudster could do all of the above however now it is beginning to be a lot more work for that $0.5

IMEI validation not SIM validation
The other thing I think we ought to consider is validating not on the SIM but on the IMEI number of the phone itself instead of SIM validation. In this way fraudsters would need to have a source to a large number of phones in order to scam the system. SMS cards are cheap. Smartphones are not. It would not be economically possible to buy phones to get $.50 worth of DASH.

I do not know if there is an automated way to validate IMEI numbers?

If we could also then find a way to automate the validation procedures of the email against an identity. The information would not need to be stored but simply validated then we wipe the data to ensure confidentiality of each user.

These are just a few first ideas.
Right now . the fraudsters have a used a loophole in our phone validation, it is now closed. the sign ups have dropped to 200-300 per day. I am not sure how the Aweber email validation can help tbh.

The next step is to roll out an Android app which collects IMEI and other IDs automatically that in my opinion is the best option

Considering the privacy issues we could hash these IDs so as to not identify them if our databases get hacked.

Really? Doesn't it strike you a little odd that you say this at the same time as having proposals up for voting for both Dash and Smartcash? We should fund your project because there is going to be competition from other coins (also you)?

it does sound a little odd if it is indeed true, however, I am neither accepting or denying your accusation, if I did, your life's sole purpose would be in jeopardy.

it does sound a little odd if it is indeed true, however, I am neither accepting or denying your accusation, if I did, your life's sole purpose would be in jeopardy.

I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm stating a fact that can be corroborated by many individuals including every moderator on our discord channel. I'm not going to play games with you, at this point all I will do is strongly encourage MNOs to vote this project down as I am no longer confident that the proposal owner has Dash's best interest at heart, and find his behavior in deliberately representing himself to the smartcash community as not the same person, to be ethically questionable.

Last edited:
You should fund the proposal that offers the best SMS-OTP solution for Dash.
Besides just being a promotion, how is getfreedash a "solution"? How does getfreedash become "the best SMS-OTP solution for Dash"? Why does Dash need this or any SMS-OTP solution?

I am neither accepting or denying your accusation
No fortitude.

if I did, your life's sole purpose would be in jeopardy.
Followed by an insult. Great.

I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm stating a fact that can be corroborated by many individuals inciuding every moderator on our discord channel. I'm not going to play games with you, at this point all I will do is strongly encourage MNOs to vote this project down as I am no longer confident that the proposal owner has Dash's best interest at heart, and find his behavior in deliberately representing himself to the smartcash community as not the same person, to be ethically questionable.

You are saying that my behaviour ( my private life ) will demotivate people from signing up on getfreedash ??

Please make some solid arguments before making your recommendations

Last edited:
Please make some solid arguments
Not paying people who have legitimately signed up for getfreedash gives Dash a bad reputation. That is the worst thing that has happened so far. I have personally fielded a few complaints about this that remain unresolved.

Not paying people who have legitimately signed up for getfreedash gives Dash a bad reputation. That is the worst thing that has happened so far. I have personally fielded a few complaints about this that remain unresolved.
this is out of context here ( i have already given the explanation for payments issues twice ... )

Last edited:
Besides just being a promotion, how is getfreedash a "solution"? How does getfreedash become "the best SMS-OTP solution for Dash"? Why does Dash need this or any SMS-OTP solution?

The only coin that will survive in the future, will be the one which will provide dividend to its new members.
It is impossible for the future generations to adopt a coin that gives advantage to old guys.
In order to give a dividend, you need a proof of individuality.
SMS-OTP is an (imperfect) proof of individuality, thats why it is a solution.

The only coin that will survive in the future, will be the one which will provide dividend to its new members.
It is impossible for the future generations to adopt a coin that gives advantage to old guys.
In order to give a dividend, you need a proof of individuality.

Mic Drop !! Perfect explanation @demo

You are saying that my behaviour ( my private life ) will demotivate people from signing up on getfreedash ??

Please make some solid arguments before making your recommendations

I don't think anything would demotivate people to sign up for free money.
Its not your private life it's your business decisions and your business relationship with Dash. When you go to Smartcash and tell them you used to be with Dash, when you are more active on the smartcash discord than the dash discord, and when with respect to the getfreedash project you tell them that you "follow what 'they' are doing very closely", it does not inspire confidence that you are still someone that should be a project manager for dash. I don't really appreciate this thing you are doing playing both sides, and I don't think the Smartcash community would appreciate it either if they were to find out (I dont think they even know?).

The only coin that will survive in the future
I believe that there is plenty of room for more than one cryptocurrency. Whether there is room for tens, hundreds, thousands.... that we will have to see. It is foolish to believe that there is urgency to act now or else the competition will be the last one standing.

SMS-OTP is not a solution for Dash. It is a security measure implemented by getfreedash that was put in place by the project owner in attempt to ensure individuality of accounts (one person owns only one account). Dash gets NOTHING from this. In fact, as we speak, this flawed technology is being SOLD to another coin/community!

i have already given the explanation for payments issues twice
Explanations that satisfy only you @Dashmaximalist. No accounting, no transparency, no accountability. Why not provide a list of accounts that WILL NOT BE PAID by you and the reason why? You seem to have been working hard on that for the past 3 weeks, and it should be readily available. Right?

The only thing that remains valid and important, is where did the 300 Dash go that was funded thus far. The project owner has accounted for less than $50,000USD by his own spreadsheet provided approximately 40 days ago. That accounting had many flaws. It was in USD, there were many fields left blank, etc. If Dash were half the price it is today, the getfreedash project would have more than enough to pay that entire list provided. There has to be an accounting of all of this - IN DASH! Why not just provide a new spreadsheet or database table for analysis? That should be easy!!!

We should not attract people who only want free things, we should attract people who bring more values to the ecosystem. I think this campaign should be stopped as soon as possible.

We should not attract people who only want free things, we should attract people who bring more values to the ecosystem. I think this campaign should be stopped as soon as possible.
And what is the value YOU personally brought to the ecosystem? What are the values the MNOS operators brought to the ecosystem? No values at all!!!!

With their stupid votes, Dash is now #13. And it will continue to fall, until the MNOs understand that there is as fundamental value with money, Money is a social thing, a social convenction, and in order to survive it has to offer to the society. Money SHOULD NOT be an invention of the old generations, who are using it in order to oppress the new generations. This is the value we should bring to the ecosystem. And in order for this value to flourish, a dividend to the new users should be given. Getfreedash is a way to offer this dividend.

Last edited:
I actually, don't mind if people make mistakes, but for me DashMaximalist, has been overly optimistic up until the moment that he ran into a wall.
Don't get me wrong the glass half full is better than half empty, but we need some professional realism as well. If Dash MNO did not act smart he would have gotten an even bigger pile of money to spend.

What makes it unforgivable to me if one calls himself "DashMaximalist" but than on sell the same idea to SmartCash well, that outright lying to me, and that counts double for a transparent trust less blockchain environment !

Furthermore I don't get the website, it does not match with the style and identity of Dash, and plenty of other improvements

The security of only 4digits long !? sorry that just incompetent as well. I wish he had contacted me I could have certainly helped.

Getfreesmart proposal finnaly passed!

You seem rather enthusiastic about the smartcash proposal @demo.

I find it curious how you have been so supportive of this project owner. What's in it for you?

For someone who leaves so many messages based on principles you purportedly believe in @demo, I find it curious that you so strongly support a proposal that has proven, thus far, to ignore its own responsibility to provide transparency.

You seem rather enthusiastic about the smartcash proposal @demo.

I find it curious how you have been so supportive of this project owner. What's in it for you?

For someone who leaves so many messages based on principles you purportedly believe in @demo, I find it curious that you so strongly support a proposal that has proven, thus far, to ignore its own responsibility to provide transparency.

Of course I am enthusiastic about the success of the smartcash proposal.

Firstly, it is a benefit for the poor people of Venezuela. Offering help to the poor people is my main motivation (thats why I am also involved in getfreepiv and I am trying to convince and help PIVX community in that).

Secondly, the success of getfreesmart is a benefit for the dash community, in case @Dashmaximalist is involved in it . This is because he will gain more experience in the dividend field, and this experience will be offered back to the dash community, in case the Dash community will finnaly fund getfreedash.

Thirdly, you are right in your last point. Getfreedash was not fully transparent, it was half transparent. @Dashmaximalist gave us about 60000 transactions in an excel file. He should give us all the transactions. But a similar lack of transparency occurs in your system, dash.red , doesnt it? How do we know that your proof of individuality (video recognition) is not a fraud? Why dont you publish the hash value of all your video recongitions, in order for a future control commity to check your system for fraud?

Finnaly, I would really like to see more competition in the field of SMS-OTP. Why dont you also try an SMS-OTP solution in dash.red?

But a similar lack of transparency occurs in your system, dash.red , doesnt it?
Not even close, if you look at my last proposal, you will see that I offer a live report of the website payouts that can be screened at any time:
https://dash.red/dash-red-real-time-mno-report/
The most recent transactions reported on that page are always so recent that they do not appear in the blockchain explorer. Refresh the page in a few minutes and you will see new transactions at the top of the list. This is going on 24 hours per day.

Dash.red is currently paying out over 2800 times per day, about 2 times ever minute! Every single transaction is documented and visible on the blockchain. I will gladly give FULL documentation of EVERY SINGLE transaction in the history of the website to DashWatch upon request and deliver it within 24 hours.

How do we know that your proof of individuality (video recognition) is not a fraud?
I can provide a clickable list of every single approved video to DashWatch upon request and deliver it within 24 hours.

If you feel the need for more transparency from Dash.red, just contact DashWatch and let them know. I will gladly work with them to ensure transparency if more transparency is required from my project.

Why dont you also try an SMS-OTP solution in dash.red?
I have expressed my concern for this technology. It is not a solution for Dash as you have repeated. It is a way for a provider of promotional services to prevent fraud. That may be good for a promotion provider, but it does nothing for Dash.

I can provide a clickable list of every single approved video to DashWatch upon request and deliver it within 24 hours.

If you feel the need for more transparency from Dash.red, just contact DashWatch and let them know. I will gladly work with them to ensure transparency if more transparency is required from my project.

Although this is great in terms of fraud detection, it is awful in terms of privacy.
You should investigate ways that both prove the individuality and protect your customer's privacy.

Finnaly, it doesnt matter whether you can provide a clickable list of every single approved video to DashWatch upon request and deliver it within 24 hours. What it matters is that you will provide THE SAME LIST in the next 24 hours, and again THE SAME LIST (plus the additions) in the next month. You could forge the list, everytime someone asks about it. Thats why the HISTORY of the list is important, and that why the HASH VALUE is important. The hash value, when published, prevents for you to change the history of the list, and at the same time protects the privacy of your customers.

Last edited:
Back