• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Electrum stuck on broadcasting

Callum

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I can't seem to find a solution. When I try to send bitcoins, it gets stuck on broadcasting transaction ... and won't continue. What's the problem? Thanks

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I can't seem to find a solution. When I try to send bitcoins, it gets stuck on broadcasting transaction ... and won't continue. What's the problem? Thanks

are you using Bitcoins with a Dash Electrum Wallet ?

Never heard of a dash electrum wallet so I doubt it. Its just the normal electrum wallet, every transaction I have tried previous to today has worked fine. Any idea what the problem could be?

ok so we are talking Bitcoin with a Bitcoin Electrum wallet !

1st check your internett is connected
nodes are up (node list)

so all connected and good then

when you send you get stuck ?
how ? what error message ?

It probably says "broadcasted" and no confirms. Check if you see your transaction on blockcahin.info or any other blockchain explorer which supports unconfirmed txes, most likely it just sits in mempool waiting to be mined by someone. I recently sent $30 in bitcoin, paid $0.30 fee and still had to wait for ~24h to get the very first confirmation... such is user experience in bitcoin these days, not much you can do but to use even higher fees next time unfortunately.

Back