• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DRK Team Tips - Crowd Funding

Ignition75

Over the last few months I've realised how much hard work goes into development and testing by the Dark team and prominent members of the community. In many cases, lots of personal time and financial resources are contributed to testing and infrastructure of this project.

I'm running a crowd funding exercise for 1 week, as follows:

8th November 2014 - 15th November 2014

DRK Donation Address: Xcd1fuEWooU8QAHDQnpnapqkF9ri8KopNj

At the end of the week, I will be sending the funds to Fernando (Darkcoin Foundation Member) to distribute amongst the team and the community.

So if you would like to show your appreciation for the fantastic work that's being done within the Darkcoin project, please send our unsung heroes a beer or two, I'll get the ball rolling with 25 DRK.

Thanks in advance and feel free to bump this often
smiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thinking Ignite
specially after yesterday (MADNESSS) it is time to get some drinks all around !

20 DRK done ...>

I think the coins should go to the DRK Foundation, which is close to launching
(talk to Fernando)
paying evan direct and making him distribute the coins is a bit ....
of a responsibility he should/and sure does not want to have ?!
(evan maybe you give your opinion)

There were a couple of very good posts in the 'Merger' Thread
regarding 5-10% from MN payments going towards development !
I started a separate thread to discuss that in the community in more detail ....>
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/mn-percentage-for-development.2930/

Good thinking Ignite
specially after yesterday (MADNESSS) it is time to get some drinks all around !

20 DRK done ...>

I think the coins should go to the DRK Foundation, which is close to launching
(talk to Fernando)
paying evan direct and making him distribute the coins is a bit ....
of a responsibility he should/and sure does not want to have ?!
(evan maybe you give your opinion)

There were a couple of very good posts in the 'Merger' Thread
regarding 5-10% from MN payments going towards development !
I started a separate thread to discuss that in the community in more detail ....>
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/mn-percentage-for-development.2930/
That's a good idea, I've made those changes.

fernando
sorry i do not wanna rush you into anything regrading the Foundation,
but this came up and ignite and me thought this is the best way to do and handle this !
Hope you do not mind !
Get your accounts ready and warmed up ! we are coming for you (deposits) ....>

fernando
sorry i do not wanna rush you into anything regrading the Foundation,
but this came up and ignite and me thought this is the best way to do and handle this !
Hope you do not mind !
Get your accounts ready and warmed up ! we are coming for you (deposits) ....>
Flare and Elizabereth better start being nicer to Fernando ;p

Hey, I was catching up with my reading and saw Ignition75 posts at bitcointalk and here. I'll share some quick thoughts and elaborate more in a few days because I think this is key to really turn Darkcoin into something huge:

1. I love the initiative, thanks for starting it. It is true that many work hours disappear into the dark, we have an amazing community

2. I'm flattered by the trust to put in me, but I'd rather not decide on the distribution myself. As tungfa has said, the foundation is about to open for new members and donations, so it should be the foundation who distributes the funds so there are more controls. Or we set up some voting mechanism between those who donate.

3. This brings out the very important topic of compensation. As toknormal (does anybody know his name here or if he's registered?) said in a post at bitcointalk, people can't depend on some tips here and there. We should be able to build the tools to pay for the work of people involved. This is the idea behind the foundation, but there are challenges:
  • The foundation should not compete with the community. It is not here to start businesses using its privileged position
  • Contributions to the foundation have to be purely volunteer. I prefer to have freeriders than taxes (I'm all in to initiatives like Propulsion's to make it easy to donate part of the profits of a masternode, but that can't be forced, default should be zero!)
4. I believe that we should pay according to contribution, not to need or size of wallet. If someone does something important we should pay. How much he or she has should not be the criteria to decide. However, it is true that some people working a lot for Darkcoin are not big holders and their work may benefit a lot to the big holders. Some people will think this is kindda unfair, but I don't have a clue on how to solve it. I guess we all have to know well why we do what we do.

5. Another important issue is the visibility of the work. Not everything done is visible to the community, so pure voting mechanisms are not good because they will turn this into a beauty contest and nobody will do the work that is not seen.

I wish I could talk to the owner of wallet number 1... Many of us think the wallet doesn't belong to an exchange, and hopefully it doesn't belong to the NSA! LOL... But here's the address of the richest wallet:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/address.dws?188207.htm

I wish this person would set up 407 Masternodes, and at the current rate this is approximately what he/she could earn a day:

upload_2014-11-9_9-22-59.png

275.848 DRK/Day ! Even if he/she doesn't need or want this money, it could go to help with the development and developers!!!

And this is just one address, the second address can set up a few more MNs also... Where is the wallet number 1 hero???? :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's make the snow ball rolling...
Hat off for the professional quality during this bug founding that means a more strong and security network we will have.
Hope the Darkcoin Foundation play a bigger role in the future.

TX:d3ea39d982360fae8bbcfbd1a39ff9c7bb7b7ebd2512b497335b3ceecc900de2

Let's make the snow ball rolling...
Hat off for the professional quality during this bug founding that means a more strong and security network we will have.
Hope the Darkcoin Foundation play a bigger role in the future.

TX:d3ea39d982360fae8bbcfbd1a39ff9c7bb7b7ebd2512b497335b3ceecc900de2
Well said man.

that should get them some tequila shots !
well done !

Back