• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashUP: potential to get +10000 Dash Users or more

How high do you want to get with DashUP?

• Just high for me please.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GarciaGil

Dashup.png
OPPORTUNITY IDENTIFIED: Dash to own and develop the space of gambling apps and similar for cryptocurrencies, specifically Google Play and AppStore.

WHO:
I´m a Senior Market Researcher with several years of experience in consumer insight recognition and product development. I´m Venezuelan but currently located in Brazil. I have been involved in the crypto environment since 2015 and followed the evolution of DAO for more than a year. I have been actively involved with Dash through the mentorship on market research of a group of entrepreneurs located in Venezuela interested in Dash Adoption Strategies. After getting a deeper understanding into Dash need of mass adoption, I identified this opportunity and shared to some members of the Dash community, who think it´s worthy to pursue. Now, I would like to present DashUP and seek for your kind feedback.

BACKGROUND: A qualitative research was performed to understand the presence of Dash and other cryptocurrencies in smartphone platforms. Google Play and AppStore published applications were considered as the main source of information. Key takeaways:

1) Beside the Dash Wallet app (+100M downloads), Dash has virtually no presence in both platform.
2) Other top coins as Bitcoin do have more apps in both platforms, most of them being wallets, price trackers and faucets. Still, the app space may be considered as underdeveloped.
3) Average apps with basic interface can get up to +10M downloads.

The presence in smartphone platforms could serve as a penetration channel to a substantial market, where most of the cryptocurrencies are underdeveloped. There should be no doubt that catching the attention of this target audience is relevant to growth Dash disproportionally.

In the other hand, gambling or similar apps were recognized as a segment with enormous synergy for Dash adoption. It is one of the biggest segments of apps and keep growing consistently, it represents 10% of the top activities done by smartphone users. If this percentage is not impressive enough, lets recall the amount of active smartphone users in 2018 is 2.52billions, therefore gambling takes 252millions users who considered a main activity. Thus, the high number of users and growth would have a huge impact in Dash massive adoption based on the our penetration strategy for this market.

PROPOSAL: To develop DashUP app, an easy-to-use gambling application to promote the use of Dash.

PROPOSAL OBJECTIVE:
- To grow Dash by using Android and IOS application as a new channel for new Dash users.
- To synergize with other Dash products and use this channel to promote all Dash products by building a massive user database.
- Dash to turn viral among Android and IOS users by a Dash referral program.

- To build a platform to post simple Tasks which Dash could be interested on several projects: surveys, social media followers, video advertisement.
- To cultivate significant number of new wallets and transactions for Dash.

Minimum Viable Prototype (MVP) 1: Card Scratcher game for Android. Users will be able to win dashies through card scratching, this will be sustainable by the monetization of the app (advertisement). This MVP will be test off-line of Google play with users from Brazil and Venezuela, in order to pivot, take feedback from users, and guarantee everything runs smoothly before scale up.

WHY A CARD SCRATCHER GAME? Lucky Day App, a card scratcher, has position 11th in the most popular games with 5.25 millions of unique users in the US as of July 2018 . For reference, in the same list Clash of Clans is 30th with 2.53 millions users and Pokemon Go 2th with 13.05millions. Therefore, this is a proved simple concept which we can leverage on to scale up DashUP really fast.

CONCEPT: a card scratcher game, the game promises to its users the possibility relatively big prizes in Duffs by only investing their time and not their money. The users will have the opportunity to scratch 10 times per day, the DashieScratcher and win prizes depending on the amount of Dash Icons they got in the Scratcher. Also, additional Duffs will be distributed to those users who complete tasks in the offerwall. To have a better idea on how the app will work you can check LuckyDay app.

OPERATING SYSTEM: the minimum viable prototype of DashUP will be develop in Android due to the flexibility of this OS. If DashUP proves to be a success, the expansion to IOS will be part of the roadmap.

APP MONITIZATION: to become auto sustainable project, DashUP will rely mainly on Admob and TapJoy partners to place generic advertisement within the app, and make those advertisement the main source of income. A second source of income will be the collaboration with other Dash projects who could be interested on be promoted in the app or users completing simple tasks for them.

DASH ADVERTISEMENT: most of the assets in the App will convey Dash brand book, this will allow Dash to be promoted organically among the users.

TARGET AUDIENCE: DashUP will be available for most countries, however its marketing campaign will target mostly premium countries as US and Brazil, therefore Dash will have an entry channel to more developed countries. Though, for the pilot test we will focus in Venezuela and Brazil, before going massive.

PENETRATION: to guarantee the penetration of the app among Android users, the referral program will reward both parts to encourage users participation.

REPEAT: the sustainability is in the users coming back to DashUP, therefore reward will be distributed randomly among those users who complete the daily tasks.

JACKPOT: to grow awareness among Dash community, a jackpot will be accumulated to be distributed among Discord Dash Nation users. The frequency and the size of the jackpot will be determined later during pilot test.

SYNERGY: All the promotion done to DashUP will be linked directly to Dash, therefore any investment done to promote DashUP will also impact positively Dash. Also, it will be possible to promote other products from Dash ecosystem as Dach Embassy, Alt36, Dashforcenews, Dash tutorials, and different dash wallets like MyDashWallet, Electrum, Jaxx. This promotion will be highly relevant because of the low advertisement cost for a captive audience interested in Dash.

1ST WAVE DELIVERABLES

1. DashUP Android app prototype ready to do pilot test. (4 weeks)
2. DashUP off line pilot test. (4 weeks)
a. A range between 150-300 users hundred users registered in DashUP.
b.
Email data base of registered users
c. At least 150 new wallets from new users.
d. Marketing of DashUP.
e
The App to be presented in a Conference in Venezuela.​

Last edited:
I'd vote no, due to the extreme bear market at this time, but keep this on the back burner until the market recovers. You will likely want to rewrite your app to use the dapi when it is live, anyway. I'm reluctant to vote for any new apps or platforms until the next versions of dash are live, as major rewrites will be necessary.

I'd vote no, due to the extreme bear market at this time, but keep this on the back burner until the market recovers. You will likely want to rewrite your app to use the dapi when it is live, anyway. I'm reluctant to vote for any new apps or platforms until the next versions of dash are live, as major rewrites will be necessary.

Thanks for your feedback Unstoppable, I still will be active in the community as the proposal it is a low budget high reward approach. We are excited about using the Dapi and the simplicity of the App will allow to transition should be fairly quick!

@GarciaGil -- Hello, and thank you for your Pre-Proposal. Indeed, what Unstoppable says is what I was going to say. The upcoming changes to Dash will make this much easier and more efficient, but it wouldn't hurt to get a head start on creating your version of this program so that you can be among the first Dapps to go live for Dash's new platform.

@GarciaGil -- Hello, and thank you for your Pre-Proposal. Indeed, what Unstoppable says is what I was going to say. The upcoming changes to Dash will make this much easier and more efficient, but it wouldn't hurt to get a head start on creating your version of this program so that you can be among the first Dapps to go live for Dash's new platform.

Thanks for your input @Arthyron I agree with both of you about Dapi, when available, will be a good fit for this kind of development. However, it will take a while before Dapps are adopted massively.

I strongly believe getting into Google play and making people used to the idea of Dash and Dapps model will be a major building block to boost adoption and build a bridge for users to transition to actual Dapps. We should promote the adoption of the Dapps to non-early adopters through this channel.

What do you think?

Thanks for your input @Arthyron I agree with both of you about Dapi, when available, will be a good fit for this kind of development. However, it will take a while before Dapps are adopted massively.

I strongly believe getting into Google play and making people used to the idea of Dash and Dapps model will be a major building block to boost adoption and build a bridge for users to transition to actual Dapps. We should promote the adoption of the Dapps to non-early adopters through this channel.

What do you think?

I think it's a good idea. As I understand it, the new version of Dash.org will be launching soon, sometime early next month last I heard, and it should eventually--if not immediately--have a prominent section about our new Dapp platform.

I like the idea, but I think you should apply for funding next year. Keep building in the meantime and keep us updated!

Back