• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

dashman

dote

Masternode Owner/Operator
UPDATE.

I will support current version of the dashman.
But, to support future version around 10 apps or services total will need to run, each with a different environment. I don't think it is practical to continue updating dashman, since a whole framework for handling docker through python would be necessary - it's a huge task and likely several weeks or months of dev work.

I sugust everyone to swith to
mn-bootstrap

Hello there!

It's look like "dashman" is no longer supported by moocowmoo and didn't receive any updates for over a year.
I decided to takeover the support for it.
It got all updates for the lastest version (0.16) to work.

Last edited:
Hi Stive! Great to see someone take this on. There are now three tools that can be used to deploy a Dash masternode, in addition to the manual process:
Please check out mn-bootstrap to see which services will need to be added over the next few months in order to support evo services, I have recorded a short video here to demonstrate the functionality, and will record another one soon. Hopefully we will be able to test and validate all three tools as we transition from evonet to testnet and get them all in working order!

Hi Leon! I checked the video. But I have a lot of questions. For now evo services are not required for running a master node. When they will be required? Which one exactly? Will them be checked (PoService) by other mn and how?

Hi dote! evo services are required now on evonet, and by the end of the year on testnet. it is expected to launch to mainnet in 2021. PoSe has been updated in 0.16 to check the minimum protocol level, and will receive further updates over the coming months i believe. I'm not sure about the minimum level of service required, but I'm pretty sure all of the services described in the docker-compose files are required to successfully serve all functions of an evolution masternode.

I will support current version of the dashman.
But, to support future version around 10 apps or services total will need to run, each with a different environment. I don't think it is practical to continue updating dashman, since a whole framework for handling docker through python would be necessary - it's a huge task and likely several weeks or months of dev work.

I sugust everyone to swith to
mn-bootstrap

Back