• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashLancer - A use case for Dash in Cross Border Freelancing.

@Gaurav.Gupta

What I find interesting about this proposal is that it can convert two segments to Dash. On the one hand the service vendors and on the other the buyers. For that indeed a reduced or non-existent cost for both aftermath is an attractive point for start. Provided the tool is well made (practical and visually appealing). That the services offered are of quality, by which I mean that it is not a scam nest.

I also think that in Venezuela and Africa our communities would be happy to be able to say at their conferences "do you want Dash? do you have any skills? register at..."
This project can lead to the use of Dash

Its an yes.
Regards

Hi @JOL

Thank you so much for your support and taking the time to review our work !

We are collaborating with @TechSquad and @Pasta, the technical team behind Dashboost( Dash Micro-Treasury) to jointly build our shared vision.
As you mentioned, Dashlancer can be a force multiplier for other projects, giving new users easy market access while building adoption.

Dashlancing can bring in a young, skilled and enthusiastic demographic, without giveaways, in exchange for work.

We aim to build synergy with all Dash Conferences to engage freshly acquired users with meaningful work opportunities.

Our platform would solve three important problems:

a) Reduce selling pressure on Dash by increasing absorption of Dash as circulating capital in the Freelancing Ecosystem.
b) An opportunity for new users to Earn Dash, anywhere in the the world.
c) Onboarding Fresh & Skilled Workers into the Dash Ecosystem.

Using data-driven lean marketing and agile development, we hope to deliver strong returns for the Dash Network, given an opportunity !

Best Regards,
Gaurav Gupta
Team Dashlancer

We plan to give dash-backs to project owners in the beginning to incentivise use.

You would be able to utilize the platform for any kind of hiring, however the payments will have to be made exclusively in Dash.

I like this proposal.

My only concern is its centralized nature. This is a layer2 Dash application, and all layer2 applications are by nature centralized. I would like the data of this application to be implemented as layer1, and stored if not directly into the dash blockchain, at least in a database similar to the sentinel database (which is a database that resides in all masternodes). The reason for this is because I would like to see this alternative budget system to evolve, and maybe oneday substitute the primitive budget system of sentinel.

For your reference, I remind two old pre-proposals of mine.
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...uch-do-you-pay-for-someone-to-do-a-job.15065/
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...-way-to-propose-proposal-in-the-budget.12798/

What you are trying to implement as a centralized layer2 service, could be implemented as decentralized layer1 service in case smart contacts were allowed/implemented in dash cryptocurrency. But unfortunately smart contracts capability requires code to be writen on behalf of the core team. Is anyone of those 27 Dash core developers capable to implement a smart contract language for dash? I really doubt about it....

From what you are outlining here, Dash does not have any way for one to implement a smart contract? Hmmm...

My concerns however are that this will be highly based in network effects. You will have to make sure you solve for one end of the equation (either the freelancers or the buyers) in order to lure the other end. If their itch is being scratched somewhere else, say Freelancer, then you need a compelling case for them to cross over. I'm not sure whether 1% transaction fees is incentive enough.

I'd recommend that you incentivise high end freelancers somehow, to get them locked in and defaulting to your platform instead.

@MrWilliamChui

The buyers are already strongly incentivised as they are converting Dash into fiat to pay for services.
Converting Dash into Fiat can be a very difficult process in many countries and leaves behind a blaze of paper work.

Employees are more than happy to earn crypto since it allows them to enter the crypto space without investing their own money.
They also save nearly 20% in fees which adds up to thousands of dollars every month.

Given the specific niche, both buyers and sellers are strongly incentivised.
Marketed correctly, many others are likely to want to join in since they face the same issues with payments.

My concerns however are that this will be highly based in network effects. You will have to make sure you solve for one end of the equation (either the freelancers or the buyers) in order to lure the other end. If their itch is being scratched somewhere else, say Freelancer, then you need a compelling case for them to cross over. I'm not sure whether 1% transaction fees is incentive enough.

I'd recommend that you incentivise high end freelancers somehow, to get them locked in and defaulting to your platform instead.

Dash is not the software.
Dash is the community.
The community can implement smart contracts, if they order this to the appropriate developers.

Thanks for the response. I'm still a bit wet behind the ears so excuse the 'silly questions'...

To respond to you point by point:
The buyers are already strongly incentivised as they are converting Dash into fiat to pay for services.
This is based on the assumption that one has/is holding Dash. Then having said this, I fear it may not bring new people into the sphere as it only addresses current users.

Converting Dash into Fiat can be a very difficult process in many countries and leaves behind a blaze of paper work.
I agree with the "very difficult process in many countries" part.

Employees are more than happy to earn crypto since it allows them to enter the crypto space without investing their own money. They also save nearly 20% in fees which adds up to thousands of dollars every month.
This is based on the assumption that said employees have other means of income (earning fiat) seeing that we both acknowledged that it is very difficult for one to convert Dash into fiat. If they don't then this reasoning is flawed.

Given the specific niche, both buyers and sellers are strongly incentivised.
What is the niche that you are targeting? Those who are knowledgeable of Dash? Those who transact through freelancing? I'm not seeing the incentivisation if there is difficulty for one to convert their assests (crypto) to fiat easily. Is the incentive proportional to the inconvenience?

Marketed correctly, many others are likely to want to join in since they face the same issues with payments.
I agree with the pains that freelancers (along with those in developing countries) face with payments, though, I'd ask, have those who are currently on these other "developed platforms" not found a solution to the payment challenges already? If these established platforms offer crypto as a payment solution, where will that leave you?

Hi Again !

1. The Crypto Space itself is expanding rapidly and is the future. The strategy is to first target the Dash Community(The treasury itself is a $5M talent market/yr), expand to the crypto space( with Shapeshift integration) before targeting the conventional freelancing space. Finding early and passionate adopters who really need a solution is key to building a large and sustainable business rather than to target all freelancers.

2. Freelancers usually work on a many different projects at a time. Converting from Dash to Fiat for smaller sums at a retail level is relatively simple with Local P2P platforms like LocalBitcoins. Earning in Crypto allows diversification of revenue sources and they can decide to convert at any time. Currently, nearly all salaries are being converted to Fiat. By paying with Dash, a large amount of Dash can be kept away from exchanges.

3. Platforms like Freelancer, Fiver and Upwork cannot accept crypto without losing a large revenue stream from cross-border remittances. We researched this as part of our foundation project. Here is a link to our research report . With Dash, we can reduce money transfer costs by a factor of 100 and offer instant, private, irreversible and global transactions. Freelancers are likely find these features especially attractive compared to options like Paypal and Wire Transfer.

Best,
Gaurav

3. Platforms like Freelancer, Fiver and Upwork cannot accept crypto without losing a large revenue stream from cross-border remittances. We researched this as part of our foundation project. Here is a link to our research report . With Dash, we can reduce money transfer costs by a factor of 100 and offer instant, private, irreversible and global transactions. Freelancers are likely find these features especially attractive compared to options like Paypal and Wire Transfer.
I continue seeing you posting this and I have no idea what this means.

Where exactly is cross-border remittances coming in? Please explain in an example, with a use case through perhaps Freelancer.

Further, you keep mentioning "reduce money transfer costs by a factor of 100" what does that mean? That costs will be 1/100th of what there right now?

Last edited:
Back