• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Lite Fork (Codename "Phoenix") Whitepaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geert

Ok. So I don't have a whitepaper for you. This is called "clickbait." This is a pre-whitepaper discussion. The basic idea of the Phoenix version of Dash is as follows:

1. Allow LLMQs to be block producers and do away with POW.
This should be possible. Now what happens if the block producing quorum is disabled or offline? We should be able to come up with a backup mechanism. Maybe multiple quorums, or maybe after a while any individual MN can propose a block.

2. Chainlocks.
Once the LLMQ block producers publish a block another LLMQ gives it a chainlock. Chainlocks are good.

3. Deprecate InstandSend.
The LLMQs that publish blocks will not profit from any transaction fees, so we don't have the problem of miners picking and choosing which transactions to include in the next block. Every MN should be in consensus about what the next block will be based upon the mempool.

Once a transaction is published to the network, after several seconds, you should be able to query a certain number of random MNs and be relatively certain that it has been accepted by the network and is not conflicting with any other transaction.

4. LLMQ based blockchain pruning.
Please see the following webpage for an explanation of this great idea:

https://coinprune.comsys.rwth-aachen.de/

LLMQ is the perfect mechanism to implement this.

5. No more CoinJoin.
The idea of optional privacy on a public blockchain has proven to be a bad idea. Once you mix your coins, they're tainted for any potential recipient who does not appreciate mixed coins. If some coins are mixed and others are not you cannot have fungibility. For more info, see the following webpage:

https://sethsimmons.me/posts/fungibility-graveyard/

6. No more treasury or MNO governance.
The treasury just attracts weasels, and we don't have time to have the MNOs make decisions. Let MNOs vote with their crypto. If they like what the project is doing, they can spin-up more masternodes. If they don't they can sell them off.

7. No Evo.
Evo is too hard.

i hate clickbait threads.

Also i am starting to wonder if OP is still invested in Dash? Last i heard was OP saying he was going to sell his masternode ?

Some questions there have not been answered (ex. [1], [2], [3] )...

1. So the Founders of the Dash lite coin will take all the future decisions, and for ever. And any new people that arrive after the short period of time of the initial fork, will become the slaves of the founders for ever....This is your plan?

Yes. Of course they can always free themselves by selling their coins, but what fun is that?.

2. could you point to a network test that proves your claims? [The software is not smart enough at this time to stop attempting to lock transactions when there are too many per second. The result is that the network stops generating chainlocks.]

IF you look further down the thread you can see I answered this.

3. So where is the server(s), and the developer(s) of your fork?

The fork does not yet exist. It may never exist. It's only an idea, and I have proposed it because I think it makes sense. I don't own this idea.

Regarding point number seven (No Evo), I actually added that to be cheeky. Of course if all the other items were accomplished, it might be a good idea to try to retrofit Evo into the Phoenix fork. At that point, any flaws in Evo's design or implementation would be apparent and the Phoenix version of Evo would probably end up being superior as a result.

There is a joke I like to tell...

Dean, to the physics department. "Why do I always have to give you guys so much money, for laboratories and expensive equipment and stuff. Why couldn't you be like the math department - all they need is money for pencils, paper and waste-paper baskets. Or even better, like the philosophy department. All they need are pencils and paper."

This thread is an indictment of the Dash project's inability to throw anything or anyone away.

1. So the Founders of the Dash lite coin will take all the future decisions, and for ever. And any new people that arrive after the short period of time of the initial fork, will become the slaves of the founders for ever....This is your plan?

Yes. Of course they can always free themselves by selling their coins, but what fun is that?.

2. could you point to a network test that proves your claims? [The software is not smart enough at this time to stop attempting to lock transactions when there are too many per second. The result is that the network stops generating chainlocks.]

IF you look further down the thread you can see I answered this.

3. So where is the server(s), and the developer(s) of your fork?

The fork does not yet exist. It may never exist. It's only an idea, and I have proposed it because I think it makes sense. I don't own this idea.
Chailocks concept is already created. This is another thread i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back