• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Leopards Soccer

If we go by those rules, DASH should never participate on any crypto event since is only 1 to 3 days. And you can only talk to people for maybe 15 min before they go to the next booth on an expo. Why pay for hotel and expensive flight if all its going to do is talk to people for 15 min at a time...

Why companies invest in TV commercials, and TD Ameritrade should never put their commercials on the superbowl, you know how hard is to explain asset insurance to someone? What a waste of money...

... for the record yes, I am being sarcastic.

Let me remind you that the funds are actually trully wasted (burned) if they are not claimed by anyone on the network.

@JZA. Hey guy. Hitting someone with a Troll tag just because you disagree with them is.... Well... Not very wise. I notice that NO ONE has ever tagged you as a troll. Yet. There is a disagree button, perhaps you should consider changing the tag.

@DashingDude Hi I like what you've done for the local community, sponsoring the Dash Leopards soccer team, I think it is a great way of building up trust with the community and awareness of Dash. I know how close this community is and once in with them, one can help them with a safe cashless system of trading, education about cryptocurrency , one just has to get one of the spaza shops accepting DASH and they'll see how, safer and easier it is to trade, cause the common "cashless" system of bank cards has very high fees and charges both to retailer and consumer. Please let me know how I can assist with this project?

Thanks @Teague !!

The project is going ahead, but I only have funding for the first month so far. So I'm working hard to make sure that Dash earns Return on Investment, so that I can fund the next 2 months as per my budget. This is more work than I expected, with all the communication and graphic design and liason.

But if all goes well, the teams should receive their kit tomorrow (Friday) and we'll be making another video about it. But I'm really worried about promising on the dealine!

Please stay in touch... I don't yet know how you could assist, but that might be great in future. Are you on Discord?

Thanks @DashingDude , Yes I just joined Discord, and still need to familiarise myself with the interface, it's not nearly as simple as this forum which I've found very easy to navigate around. Maybe because I'm using the browser, gonna look at downloading the app.

Yeah @Teague... we only recently moved to Discord. I'll introduce you when I see you there! Meantime I'm stressing about getting everything ready for tomorrow: New kit for the kids, and camera-guys to make the vids! BTW: Would you like to join the Dash Africa team?

Hello Family :)

The time has come for me to approach you all once more. I hope to submit a proposal next month for the Dash Africa project, but there is no more time remaining before the next voting cycle for this month. And I want to do it right. So if that works, I'll bother you no further after this! But I am seeking now to raise the second month of funding for the Dash Leopards soccer project: 3.3 Dash again.

The first month of funding returned really good results. Please see the website. We (Dash) got:
  • The first two teams in fully Dash-branded uniforms.
  • HUGE community interest.
  • I will be meeting with the soccer coaches tomorrow, so that they can learn more about Dash and spread the word. They have already installed their wallets, so I guess I must tip them...
  • On Friday, I will make a presentation to the Stokvels. I've been seeking an intro for Dash to the $4 billion per year investment market, and soccer did the job for me.
  • High-quality video footage will be released very soon.
  • 30 people in the community are ready to attend our meet-up. I don't even know who the people are yet... the soccer coaches organized this themselves.
  • Several online posts, to keep interest lively.
  • I have created a really boring page where I post quotes, invoices and receipts so that anybody can check how the money is spent.
The second round of funding will pay for Dash-branded banners for matches and tournaments, and other kit that the teams need. Please read the blog. The Dash Leopards are already champions in their league. And now that they are funded, they will do even better!
  • As Evan says "Dash can afford this"
I spent all of the 3.3 Dash that I received last month. Is anybody willing to sponsor the second month?

I'd like to get the banners printed before the next tournament, in two weeks. I'd also like to try stick to my budget of 3.3 Dash per month for 3 months... to show people what Dash can do as the market value rises!

Thanks guys... you've supported me until now, and I think that the project has returned good value to Dash.

@Green Candle @joezippy @mastermined @coingun @thedesertlynx @TaoOfSatoshi @Nathaniel Luz @Abdul kudus Mutaru

Donate here :)
qr-code.png

Dash Leopards QR

Or via this wallet address: XikZFP9xdL5RniE7JC8rUqRwDCf1eR5a9U

Thanks again. The project is going really well!

Last edited:
DASH is now 3 times more valuable do you still need 3.3 DASH?

OMG... I just checked the price for the first time today. I didn't know Dash had risen quite so much!! I'll gratefully accept any amount of Dash I can get for the soccer teams. The price increase would enable me to speed-up the buying of the kit in the budget. I over-spent last months budget, so some extra would be nice :)

Cheers!!

@JZA this was intended to be a 3-month project. Before we began, I received prices for all the branded kit that the the teams needed to professionally represent Dash. I worked out a budget, of approx 10 Dash in total (at the time), so I decided to phase it over 3 months of 3.3 Dash so that people could monitor our progress and results along the way.

If I received the 3.3 Dash that was budgeted for this month, the recent price increase would cover next-month's expenditure too, so I wouldn't need any more Dash for next month. This could become a 2 month project instead! :) Plus there were a couple of items that were not in the budget. Although the teams bought their own track-suits, we have to pay for the Dash branding (I insisted!) and that amount is still owing. Approx 0.5 Dash today, or 1 Dash a month ago, roughly. In addition, we want to order another 100 tee-shirts for supporters (40 have already been printed - see the blog) - approx 1.5 Dash today. Banners and branding to display at matches - Appprox 1 Dash. After that: Dash-branded footballs, coans, portable goalposts, and more. And I'll continue to be transparent, and provide receipts for the money that we spend.

You surely can't imagine that I hope to get rich by scamming Dash for 3.3? I'd be an idiot to even try!!! This is a very honest project, which is doing some real good in the world. It is also becoming wildly successful. I met with the coaches again last night, and was amazed at how much they had educated themselves. A whole community is asking them what this new "Dash" thing is, and they want to be able to give proper answers. I spent an hour answering questions and I am doing a presentation on Friday. I never told them what to do. They installed Dash wallets by themselves and they know the daily price, so I tipped them! They understand privatesend and instantsend. They understand that Dash could replace Banks and Governments. They would now prefer to receive money in Dash than in our local fiat.

And they introduced me to the $4 billion stokvel investors market. And the unbanked people who keep large amounts of cash (life savings) under their mattresses. These guys are spreading the word, rapidly and enthusiastically, though soccer.

I will hopefully receive the latest video tomorrow. I believe it will be of high quality. To be posted soon.

This is what we have achieved already, for 3.3 Dash. An entire community is talking about Dash and as they learn, they want to buy some. Don't underestimate the stokvels - they are a savings vehicle. I've worked for 6 months to get involved with them as they offer an ideal synergy for Dash.

I simply want enough money to pay for the needed kit, whether it is done over one month or two. It is too little to justify a proposal yet. But can you tell me of any other project that is bringing as much awareness and adoption, for so little Dash? The project is working! :) So I am reaching out to the people who are supposed to be able to fund small initiatives such as this one.

Ciao!

Can you somehow provide proof of this, like from what you say there is a big opportunity here. But I wonder if you can have some case use. Meaning some of these unbank people actually move to the crypto economy by exchanging their matress money for DASH right now?

Maybe a handful of these people. I would love to see if this can somehow be documented and published on a more dedicated fashion and project. The more formal this project and more detailed is published the more trust it will gain.

Thanks for continuing the conversation, @JZA ... I'm not quite sure how to give you "proof"!! Simply google "Dash Leopards Soccer" or visit the page and you'll see that we've been quite active over the last month.

Here is one big use-case: I will assume that you are not familiar with the Stokvel system. Here is how it works: poor people (often un-banked) form clubs of 10-12 people typically. Each person deposits/saves a set amount each month (perhaps $100) which is invested (shares, fixed deposits, etc)... then once each month, one member gets a pay-out from the Stokvel which is enough to buy a new fridge, lounge-suite or TV, which they could not otherwise afford. Like I said, it is a $4 billion industry in South Africa. The FinTech companies all see the opportunities that are presented... this is a big industry here.

My 5 soccer coaches are already convinced that Dash is better than fiat. They will tell their soccer students, who will learn very quickly. The students will tell their parents about Dash. The parents will become interested, and will come to a meet-up to learn more. I have already have merchants and vendors in the community ready to buy/sell the Dash or exchange for commodities, so the people will be able to use their Dash. I'm hoping that, this project can provide a model for how to promote Dash adoption one community at a time!

Last edited:
ok I understood it wrong, and is true that there an opportunity but is not that easy to acomplish. First of, people are used to deal with actual companies (like fintech companies). So tying something like a soccer team to DASH without any company or service in between seems a bit empty and hard to implement. Is like saying, just because you produce a video about DASH and put it on youtube, doesnt mean that people will automatically do what the video tells them in your region because of many factors:
- People dont watch youtube
- People dont trust the video
- People think is not for them
- They dont understand etc

Having a team having the DASH emblem wont necesarily make people adopt dash, just like me watching Real Madrid wont make me Fly Emirates on my next trip. So this is where I think you should work more on providing an assurance that target market (unbanked) are perfectly confortable investing in DASH with you guys. Word of mouth is ok, but is unpredictable and not a sure thing. Meaning there is a lot of uncertainty. Would you get your financial advise from your 11 year old kid? I am not against the sponsorship I just want to see more 'actors' that can deliver this service in a wholesome manner. And I just dont think t-shirt and equipment alone will make everything work.

Gotcha! I get what you're saying, @JZA

If my soccer project doesn't deliver results each month, we can simply stop it. I am spending a very small amount of Dash to give the idea a try... so why not support my idea, at least for one more month, and watch the results?

The YouTube vidoes are not for the un-banked people who might adopt Dash. Those people will probably never see them. The vids are for the international comunity to see what we are doing.

On Monday, I will be guiding the first people through the process of buying Dash. Approx 2-3 Dash, but considering that this project is so new, that is not a bad start. I expect that MUCH more will follow.

So please give me a chance! I think that this soccer project can work, but if for any reason it does not, Dash will have lost very little! The potential rewards/returns are much greater than the cost.

Last edited:
@JZA I thought of one way to give you proof. None of the soccer community know how to buy Dash through exchanges yet, so they will need to come to either me or the coaches or merchants or vendors to find out how. In other words, I can provide proof for each transaction that results from the soccer project, in the short-term.

BTW: I am not asking anybody to invest Dash with me. I briefly tried that idea with my family, and found it way too stressful to worry about other people's money. Now I just show people how to buy and save their own Dash.

Last edited:
@JZA this was intended to be a 3-month project. Before we began, I received prices for all the branded kit that the the teams needed to professionally represent Dash. I worked out a budget, of approx 10 Dash in total (at the time), so I decided to phase it over 3 months of 3.3 Dash so that people could monitor our progress and results along the way.

If I received the 3.3 Dash that was budgeted for this month, the recent price increase would cover next-month's expenditure too, so I wouldn't need any more Dash for next month. This could become a 2 month project instead! :) Plus there were a couple of items that were not in the budget. Although the teams bought their own track-suits, we have to pay for the Dash branding (I insisted!) and that amount is still owing. Approx 0.5 Dash today, or 1 Dash a month ago, roughly. In addition, we want to order another 100 tee-shirts for supporters (40 have already been printed - see the blog) - approx 1.5 Dash today. Banners and branding to display at matches - Appprox 1 Dash. After that: Dash-branded footballs, coans, portable goalposts, and more. And I'll continue to be transparent, and provide receipts for the money that we spend.

You surely can't imagine that I hope to get rich by scamming Dash for 3.3? I'd be an idiot to even try!!! This is a very honest project, which is doing some real good in the world. It is also becoming wildly successful. I met with the coaches again last night, and was amazed at how much they had educated themselves. A whole community is asking them what this new "Dash" thing is, and they want to be able to give proper answers. I spent an hour answering questions and I am doing a presentation on Friday. I never told them what to do. They installed Dash wallets by themselves and they know the daily price, so I tipped them! They understand privatesend and instantsend. They understand that Dash could replace Banks and Governments. They would now prefer to receive money in Dash than in our local fiat.

And they introduced me to the $4 billion stokvel investors market. And the unbanked people who keep large amounts of cash (life savings) under their mattresses. These guys are spreading the word, rapidly and enthusiastically, though soccer.

I will hopefully receive the latest video tomorrow. I believe it will be of high quality. To be posted soon.

This is what we have achieved already, for 3.3 Dash. An entire community is talking about Dash and as they learn, they want to buy some. Don't underestimate the stokvels - they are a savings vehicle. I've worked for 6 months to get involved with them as they offer an ideal synergy for Dash.

I simply want enough money to pay for the needed kit, whether it is done over one month or two. It is too little to justify a proposal yet. But can you tell me of any other project that is bringing as much awareness and adoption, for so little Dash? The project is working! :) So I am reaching out to the people who are supposed to be able to fund small initiatives such as this one.

Ciao!
i dont want to vote on proposals that ask for less than 50 dash , collaborate and get something big for us

Thanks for continuing the conversation, @JZA ... I'm not quite sure how to give you "proof"!! Simply google "Dash Leopards Soccer" or visit the page and you'll see that we've been quite active over the last month.

Here is one big use-case: I will assume that you are not familiar with the Stokvel system. Here is how it works: poor people (often un-banked) form clubs of 10-12 people typically. Each person deposits/saves a set amount each month (perhaps $100) which is invested (shares, fixed deposits, etc)... then once each month, one member gets a pay-out from the Stokvel which is enough to buy a new fridge, lounge-suite or TV, which they could not otherwise afford. Like I said, it is a $4 billion industry in South Africa. The FinTech companies all see the opportunities that are presented... this is a big industry here.

My 5 soccer coaches are already convinced that Dash is better than fiat. They will tell their soccer students, who will learn very quickly. The students will tell their parents about Dash. The parents will become interested, and will come to a meet-up to learn more. I have already have merchants and vendors in the community ready to buy/sell the Dash or exchange for commodities, so the people will be able to use their Dash. I'm hoping that, this project can provide a model for how to promote Dash adoption one community at a time!
Okay i like your ideas just one stumbling block is how can one buy Dash without going through a personal bank account, as the bank's charges are way too expensive for the poor people, ie: loosing R50 a month to bank charges is not acceptable for people to save since that, is in most cases half a days pay. Having a merchant/retailer accepting fiat for Dash won't work since their bank revenue will be increased with tax ramifications, and it could lead to fraud since the merchant/retailer could charge too much for the service. The idea of having a Dash ATM that accepts local fiat for Dash or visa versa, can work, I don't think the market is big enough yet to warrant such a machine, and if its feasible legally in South Africa? Since almost everyone has a cell phone, mostly prepaid, One can easily top-up one's prepaid balances at any retailer and using that balance possibly buy Dash through the network? I do know a lot of the poor people in South Africa use this type of service to send money to family whereby the recipient gets an sms with a code that one can type in at any ATM and receive the cash, although I think the sender does it via a bank account or retailer. Just trying to find a more user friendly system to purchase Dash in South Africa. Anyone with ideas would be much appreciated.

Okay i like your ideas just one stumbling block is how can one buy Dash without going through a personal bank account, as the bank's charges are way too expensive for the poor people, ie: loosing R50 a month to bank charges is not acceptable for people to save since that, is in most cases half a days pay. Having a merchant/retailer accepting fiat for Dash won't work since their bank revenue will be increased with tax ramifications, and it could lead to fraud since the merchant/retailer could charge too much for the service. The idea of having a Dash ATM that accepts local fiat for Dash or visa versa, can work, I don't think the market is big enough yet to warrant such a machine, and if its feasible legally in South Africa? Since almost everyone has a cell phone, mostly prepaid, One can easily top-up one's prepaid balances at any retailer and using that balance possibly buy Dash through the network? I do know a lot of the poor people in South Africa use this type of service to send money to family whereby the recipient gets an sms with a code that one can type in at any ATM and receive the cash, although I think the sender does it via a bank account or retailer. Just trying to find a more user friendly system to purchase Dash in South Africa. Anyone with ideas would be much appreciated.
I understand your points, but why post here? Your comments have nothing to do with Leopards soccer!! It would be better if you posted on the general forums or on Discord. Cheers!

Back