• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Force

mastermined

DASH FORCE MISSION STATEMENT

We at the Dash Force aim to be the Dash community's front line of defense and support. Our mission is to provide support to the human ecosystem surrounding Dash, ensuring that its network effects are maximized by building a community that is the envy of the digital currency world.

Whether it be countering online trolls, reporting critical news, helping local meetups flourish, encouraging economic activity to newly integrated services and exchanges, or bringing in new members and fans, we will do our best to ensure that Dash's community grows and strengthens into a positive social movement behind some of the most amazing and revolutionary technology of our time.

Above all, we seek to conduct ourselves as ambassadors of the Dash community in a polite and professional manner, using honesty and genuine goodwill to represent and preserve Dash's positive and community-focused brand, and relentless tenacity and commitment to quality work to ensure that the job gets done right.

Dash Force

Decentralize and Incentivize Everything

The Problem:
The original author accurately described the Problem but a few changes were needed.....

Dash doesn’t have a strong enough visible presence on social media when it comes to active social media engagement and that can be a problem at times. If you take a look at the comments posted in response to Brian Armstrong, the Coinbase CEO’s recent reddit post, that suggests Coinbase is moving towards integrating other cryptocurrencies, Dash was totally absent there and it's not for the lack of a big community. It's because paid activists of a rival projects swoop in and stole the spotlight. It also lead to an article where Dash isn't even mentioned. Dash didn’t manage to get enough Stackexchange.com votes for the same reason. The community just wasn’t motivated enough to get actively engaged. To provide another concrete example, the Overstock CEO of the US retailer Overstock, Patrick Byrne, issued a community challenge, asking which 2.0 Crypto platform is the best one and in that case, following a strong community showing,Counterparty was selected because it had the most vocal community. Dash stands to lose a lot by not having a vocal active community presence on social media and the previously mentioned Coinbase reddit interaction or lack thereof is a good example of that.

It would seem the average age of the Dash community is higher than that of other crypto communities and that doesn't play in our favor at times when it comes to active outreach.
The high barrier to entry when it comes to owning a masternode could be a reason why this is the case (Shared but trusted MN services are here and other solutions are on the way). The young, social media savvy active people, have less disposable income and are less likely to be actively involved with Dash. The older population tends to be less active on social media and less engaged than the younger generation.

Perception is reality, as they say. This is especially true in the cryptocurrency space. If you're not out there creating it, others will do it for you and most often than not it won't be in your favor. PR agencies work to some extent, but they are slow to react, and bureaucratic and don't have what it takes to work in the current environment and tackle some of the challenges, where active engagement on Reddit, for example, is often more important than articles that may appear sterile and unimpressive. Often, the comment section is way more important than the article itself. For example, you can have a bunch of Dash pieces but 2-3 negative comments placed there by competitors, set on ruining Dash to prop up themselves, is often more than enough to nullify all the positive of that press release or Dash related article, especially when no Dash community members step in to engage them with sensible counter arguments.

The Solution:
I'm putting together a new team of Dash activists whose objective is to be actively engaged on all social media fronts and fight for Dash everyday.
We will utilize the Swarm model that was used quite successfully by NXT and others in the past.
Having a strong social media presence can go a long way and have a big impact on how Dash is perceived as a project. Bitcoin managed to get where it is now because it had a hardcore community following of crypto enthusiasts. Doge gained a huge following by creating a friendly and welcoming micro tipping community whose social media (Reddit, etc) presence is second only to Bitcoin. To this day they consistently have over 5-10 times the daily transaction volume as Dash and are accepted at more places.
This project aims to combined those proven strategies and be the engine driving community growth by energizing and mobilizing the Dash community.

One thing I hear over and over is that we need to get dash in the hands of the people and have them use it. This proposal will do just that by tipping new (and old) community members for contributing in various ways. So Dash gets free marketing and the people get free dash for helping with the marketing, it's a win win. With the DGBB treasury funding we can do what no other coin is able to do and recreate what made doge so popular but on a much larger and sustainable scale.

The following article written by The Desert Lynx goes into detail to explain why such organized community efforts make sense
http://thedashtimes.com/2016/09/26/cryptocurrency-needs-activists/

Dash Force members will tip community members, core team members and slack users who are quick to answer questions in the Slack channels, Reddit etc. People will also be tipped for posting links to positive/negative threads and articles so we can quickly organize swarms to go upvote/downvote and comment.

If we tip people for helping answer questions we will eventually create a 24 hour decentralized help desk across all social media platforms/forums. If we tip people for participating in testnet we will have a much more robust testnet with lots more participation. If we incentivize everything Dash we will inspire an army of new Dash supporters and energize the current Dash community.
Some people are going to be better at twitter than others and will be our eyes and ears there, ready to alert the Dash Force team when we are needed to activate a swarm, others will keep an eye on other social media platforms.
Swarm members will need to be friendly and represent DASH respectfully or will not get tips. Have fun with it but no trolling.

Dash Force in essence is the Dash DAO creating an decentralized army of defenders to protect itself from attacks, reward its supporters and expand its network.
Only bitcoin will have a bigger presence and we will give them a run for their money.

Current Dash Force Proposal
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-force.11208/page-4#post-203939

Last edited:
Thanks, @mastermined for reloading this important initiative. Although I will be a part of the team, I am happy that another community member took the lead on this, as I have other obligations IRL and in Dash. During the short time we were doing the Dash Force, I saw that it took the trolls by surprise as we had posts and comments that would usually be buried front and center in well-read positions. I hope that this will pass and I will offer it a home base on Dash Nation Slack.

That sound interesting! But, I think in the first few months, let's try with a smaller budget and we can expand it when we got more people come on board.

That sound interesting! But, I think in the first few months, let's try with a smaller budget and we can expand it when we got more people come on board.
i'm planning to have 7 members just like the last proposal. at current prices i think this one is cheaper than the last one and offers a whole lot more. i don't remember seeing any complaints about the price of the last proposal just complaints about the proposal owner. i hope that answers your question.

Idea is good - but as previous "Dash force" proposal was closed with scandal (when I saw title of this proposal - my first reaction was to down vote it) - I would recommend to start with "rehabilitation test period":
- with small budget;
- with small number of 100% trusted participants;
- with obvious easy tasks,
And then, gradually, month-by-month, increase everything - number of members, complexity of tasks, budget size...

Dash Force Reloaded and Decentralized ….Under New Management!

The Problem:
The original author accurately described the Problem but a few changes were needed.....

Dash doesn’t have a strong enough visible presence on social media when it comes to active social media engagement and that can be a problem at times. If you take a look at the comments posted in response to Brian Armstrong, the Coinbase CEO’s recent reddit post, that suggests Coinbase is moving towards integrating other cryptocurrencies, Dash was totally absent there and it's not for the lack of a big community. It's because paid activists of a rival projects swoop in and stole the spotlight. It also lead to an article where Dash isn't even mentioned. Dash didn’t manage to get enough Stackexchange.com votes for the same reason. The community just wasn’t motivated enough to get actively engaged. To provide another concrete example, the Overstock CEO of the US retailer Overstock, Patrick Byrne, issued a community challenge, asking which 2.0 Crypto platform is the best one and in that case, following a strong community showing,Counterparty was selected because it had the most vocal community. Dash stands to lose a lot by not having a vocal active community presence on social media and the previously mentioned Coinbase reddit interaction or lack thereof is a good example of that.

It would seem the average age of the Dash community is higher than that of other crypto communities and that doesn't play in our favor at times when it comes to active outreach.
The high barrier to entry when it comes to owning a masternode could be a reason why this is the case (Shared but trusted mn services are here and other solutions are on the way). The young, social media savvy active people, have less disposable income according to statistics and are less likely to be actively involved with Dash. The older population tends to be less active on social media and less engaged than the younger generation.

Perception is reality, as they say. This is especially true in the cryptocurrency space. If you're not out there creating it, others will do it for you and most often than not it won't be in your favor. PR agencies work to some extent, but they are slow to react, and bureaucratic and don't have what it takes to work in the current environment and tackle some of the challenges, where active engagement on Reddit, for example, is often more important than articles that may appear sterile and unimpressive. Often, the comment section is way more important than the article itself. For example, you can have a bunch of Dash pieces but 2-3 negative comments placed there by competitors, set on ruining Dash to prop up themselves, is often more than enough to nullify all the positive of that press release or Dash related article, especially when no Dash community members step in to engage them with sensible counter arguments.

The Solution:

I'm putting together a new team of 7 Dash activists (openings available, apply below) whose objective is to be actively engaged on social media and to fight for Dash everyday.
We will also utilize the Swarm model that was used quite successfully by NXT and others in the past.
Having a strong social media presence can go a long way and have a big impact on how Dash is perceived as a project. Bitcoin managed to get where it is now because it had a hardcore community following of crypto enthusiasts. Doge gained a huge following by creating a friendly and welcoming micro tipping community whose social media (Reddit, etc) presence is second only to Bitcoin. To this day they consistently have over 5-10 times the daily transaction volume as Dash and are accepted at more places.

This project aims to combined those proven strategies and be the engine driving community growth by energizing and mobilizing the Dash community.

One thing I hear over and over is that we need to get dash in the hands of the people and have them use it. This proposal will do just that by tipping new (and old) community members for contributing and creating contest that will encourage new people to participate and win Dash. So Dash gets free marketing and the people get free dash for helping with the marketing, it's a win win. With the DGBB treasury funding we can do what no other coin is able to do and recreate what made doge so popular but on a much larger and sustainable scale.

The following article written by The Desert Lynx goes into detail to explain why such organized community efforts make sense
http://thedashtimes.com/2016/09/26/cryptocurrency-needs-activists/

The Changes:

DASH force was a great proposal that is still very much needed but in a much more inclusive and decentralized fashion. I believe the solutions I have outlined below will reduce redundancy, increase accountability and improve the efficiency of the previous proposal.

The first major change is that the dash force team will not be permanent. It will be decentralized and welcoming of new members. This will work to energize and increase community participation and grow the network.

Every 1-3 months the members of dash force (or whatever we call it, please comment) will vote in a new member and one member will rotate out. Members will not be voted against or voted out per se but rather the team will vote for 3 members they think are most important to the project. After the first vote the remaining 4 members will be voted for until the person with the least up-votes is determined. The person with the least up-votes will then be rotated out and go back to getting tips for helping and try to get voted back in the next cycle.
A team member could also volunteer to step down and just take a break and get tips when they have time to participate. I may personally go that route after we get this thing going strong.

What will the team do.....

Unlike the last proposal the money will not be centralized and held by one person but rather decentralized and distributed equally to each elected dash force member. One centralized person should not decide who to give all the tips and funding to or what projects and contest he thinks is best. All DF members will decide theses things individually and as a team. If someone (anyone) comes up with a contest that people like then each DF member (or anyone) can tip/fund that contest however much they think it is worth. The better the idea the more funding it will get.

Dash Force members will be required to tip out 20% of their dash budget in any way they see fit as long as it helps DASH. You the community and their DF peers will be the judge and they will ultimately be rotated out if they don't perform up to par. The MNO's will have the final say so it would be wise for the team to keep each other in check or risk losing funding.

I'm putting together a slack and Dash forum based system to make it easy for anyone to track DF members progress as well as for DF to track the individual swarm members progress on a micro scale. This system will make it fast and easy for DF members to give small tips to community members for smaller but important task.
A similar system will also work for larger tips but will probably require some documentation. An example would be a reddit/youtube/disqus screen-shot showing the person made a few comments and upvoted or downvoted several comments. If someone posted something like that I may tip them $5-$10 the first time (to get people excited) depending on the comments length and quality etc. when they post something again I may only tip them a dollar and other team members may do the same based on their opinions.

All community members will be encouraged to tip anyone they think deserves it. If you get tipped please do put some away but try and pay a little forward too.

DASH force will also help the slack mods at running a 24hr help desk in slack as well as in the DASH forum, btctalk and reddit etc. DF members will also tip community members, core team members and slack users/mods who help answer questions. Community Members will be tipped for posting links to positive/negative threads and articles so we can quickly organize swarms to go upvote/downvote and comment.

Once we get going and are established we could have a 30-40+ member swarm ready to go at all times. That would be an awesome force to be reckoned with and disinfo trolls would not stand a chance. Only bitcoin would have a bigger presence and we would give them a run for their money.

This would in essence be the Dash DAO creating an army of defenders to protect itself from attacks, reward its supporters and expand its network.

300 DASH Per Month

The Team:

MasterMined

Macrochip

Tao

?

?

?

?

End of main proposal

+++++++++++++++++

In depth strategy and requirements to be on DASH Force:

Looking at the participation on slack, btctalk, reddit, twitter, youtube, disqus and dash forum I don't think there will be but a handful of members who will participate regularly at first, Maybe 15-20 is my rough estimate. By the end of the 3 month proposal period I would like to see that more than doubled to around 30-40+ hardcore members ready to swarm at anytime when called upon.

One of the main requirement to be on dash force is to be very familiar with the dash tech, dash history and weakness of other coins and how dash solves those weaknesses.

The next requirement will be to have a slack, btctalk, reddit, twitter, youtube, disqus ( for comment section of articles) and dash forum membership, or at least 5 of the 7. Some people are going to be better at twitter than others and will be our eyes and ears there, ready to alert the dash force team when we are needed to swarm, others will keep an eye on different social media platforms. Facebook, Telegram, Exchange chat boxes and steemit accounts would be good to have also but not mandatory. Other platforms will become more important as we grow over time and expand past bitcoin and out of cryptoland.

You will need to know how to work the reddit tipbot and slack tipbots. We will encourage People to list their DASH address in their signatures on btctalk and the DASH forum etc. Youtube tipbot?

The only other real requirement will be to be friendly and represent DASH respectfully even when the trolls are running wild with hate.
Each Dash Force member will also be required to donate .75 Dash for the proposal cost.

We should avoid going to other coins forums, btctalk ANN: threads and reddit pages etc etc. This will however happen from time to time but we must choose our battles wisely and not constantly be at war. If people want to attack dash and debate then let them do it on our terms and at our place of choosing, don't give them the traffic.

I think participation in testnet is very important and I don't want to see that get put on the back-burner as everyone is busy with dash force or other proposals. People who are keen to that sort of thing (testnet) should be tipped imo and I plan to do just that.
Also, people who take time to write dash articles for free and/or get quoted in articles should be tipped too in my personal opinion. Other DF members may disagree and tip or not tip accordingly.

I don't think it is appropriate for members who are already being paid for a proposal to be on the dash force as they will have their hands full fulfilling those obligations. I would however encourage them to help us and receive tips like everyone else who helps. Exceptions can obviously be made but I will leave that up to the community and dash force team members to decided. If you have a proposal that does not require your full time attention and that will not conflict with your proposal obligations I would personally have no problem with that. The core team has similar rules about that too...

Core Team Contractor Rules
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/core-team-contractor-rules.10509/

I'm doing this proposal for 3 months because that is what it will take to get it up and running smoothly. The DF members will all be known by the community and you will have already seen them doing their thing solo. With some organization everyone will be much more effective and with some funding incentives everyone will work that much harder.

The first month will be pretty crazy and will be spent organizing and fine tuning everything while putting out fires along the way. By month two things will be running more smoothly and the real power of DFD can start to be realized. By the end of month 3 everything should be working perfectly and we will hopefully be receiving 3 more months of funding.

If anyone can think of a more fair, more decentralized way of applying free market based solutions to bring in new members and energize the community please post it below so we can discuss and make changes where necessary.

I strongly support the effort and recognize how important it is. I do not feel the budget amount is justified however. Whatever happened to the idealism motive? Must we always get paid to lift a finger in support of something that, I assume, we all strongly believe in?
Why not get started with a shoestring budget just because it's the right thing to do and as cost/needs arise adjust the budget up as needed always trying to preserve community funds. I'm really turned off by the funds requested and flies in the face of your commitment to promoting the coin for altruistic reasons.

I agree that this is important and valuable, but I also think you should run it with a smaller budget and a more limited number of people for a few months and show its value. I also think that in light of prior events, you should post the names of everybody you will be using (in other words, get commitments and then make the proposal).

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I don't have a problem going month to month but I did not want to waste the 5 dash every month. But yeah sure month to month it is and we will just ask for the 5 dash reimbursement like others do. Also, it will take more than a month to realize the full potential of this project as I'm sure everyone is aware. I know this will be a full time job for me looking at all the stuff that is needed to get this successfully off the ground. The second and third months should actually be a bit easier. I'm open to less members but I really think we need at least 5 to be successful.

I have privately reached out to several of the most active members of the community (that aren't on the core team or have other budget proposals) and they have all been very supportive of the idea but said they just don't have the time to be on the team full time. That tells me that the budget is actually too low and that if you want to attract top talent it's going to cost a lot more than this proposal is asking to get all of them. We are lucky to have the guys on the team that we do. I still have a list of several top members I did not contact and thought it would be best to just have everyone apply and then have the team/community vote for the last few members.

I'm personally taking a pay cut to do this just because we need it and I love dash. This proposal is combining most of the stuff that the slack proposal did as well as the original dash force proposal for almost half the price. I also have other life things I need to be doing that will have to be put on hold to make this work. If someone else wants to take the lead and submit this proposal for substantially less dash I will be happy to step down off the team and just help where I can. The foundation has now mostly been laid but I have many other ideas that will take it to the next level. When I was coming up with this new proposal the dash price was much higher so there has already been a pretty big pay cut.

I'm usually in the comments section complaining that 80-90% of the proposals are overpriced (and then end up voting for them, lol) but I did not see one person complaining about the original dash force proposal price including myself. I think going month to month will alleviate a lot of these concerns though.

I hope that answers everyone's questions.

P.S. Add splawik21 to the team!!!

Last edited:
I personally don't think the budget is too high myself. I'll support this.

Once again thanks for all the great feedback guys! I have heard you loud and clear and have made adjustments I think everyone will like. The original Dash force proposal was a little too ambitious and needs to be scaled back at first. I have revised the original proposal and cut back the funding total and number of members as well as some of the more grandiose goals. I got a bit too excited, LOL.

So we will start small and grow more organically over time. We will scale back and have a slightly different strategy but will try and accomplish almost everything in the original proposal with only 3-4 team members. We will do month to month funding but with the smaller team we will only rotate a old member out and new member in after the first 3 months as originally proposed.

Dash force members will now be required to tip out at least 30% (was 20%) of their budget but will make a bit more overall. With fewer members this will make the tip fund less but still close to previous levels which is very important. With the smaller team, tipping/energizing other members who actively participate in all things dash will be of a much greater importance. My theory is that if we tip people for helping out that will inspire them to do even more and help create the spark the increasingly stagnate dash community needs to grow. With the price down and zcash right around the corner I think this is critical and needs to be done ASAP.

I'm waiting to see how low the price goes before putting a revised lower funding total on this proposal, from the analysis tok wrote on slack I fear the price will still go quite a bit lower (he's usually right about these thing). With a larger holder now exiting who knows how low it will go before the whales step in, it looks like they are starting to get hungry now though. 6k polo pump in one bite earlier today, yum yum. Let's hope they have more ammo than camo ;)

I hope everyone will give us a shot and see what we can do at least for the first month and then go from there. I can't promise you every little thing will work out as planned but I think the proposal deserves a shot.

Any more comments or questions before this thing goes live at dashcentral!?

Here is the main part that was revised so you don't have to read the whole proposal over again...

“Dash force members will be required to work on Dash force for a minimum of 15-20 hours a week. I have agreed to do double that this first month....

With a smaller team and smaller budget Dash force members will focus their efforts on energizing the community (new and old) to participate and help more through tipping. Dash Force members will be required to tip out 30% of their dash budget in any way they see fit as long as it helps DASH. You the community and their DF peers will be the judge and they will ultimately be rotated out if they don't perform up to par. The MNO's will have the final say so it would be wise for the team to keep each other in check or risk losing funding.

My theory is that if we tip people for helping out Dash that will inspire them to do even more and help create the spark the increasingly stagnate dash community needs to grow. With the price down and zcash right around the corner I think this is critical and needs to be done ASAP.

I'm putting together a slack and Dash forum based system to make it easy for anyone to track DF members progress as well as for DF to track the individual swarm members progress on a micro scale. This system will make it fast and easy for DF members to give small tips to community members for smaller but important task.

A similar system will also work for larger tips but will probably require some documentation. An example would be a reddit/youtube/disqus screen-shot showing the person made a few comments and upvoted or downvoted several comments. If someone posted something like that I may tip them $5-$10 the first time (to get people excited) depending on the comments length and quality etc. when they post something again I may only tip them a dollar and other team members may do the same based on their opinions.

All community members will be encouraged to tip anyone they think deserves it. If you get tipped please do put some away but try and pay a little forward too.

Dash Force members will help and tip community members, core team members and slack users/mods who are quick to answer questions in the Slack channels, DASH forum, btctalk and reddit etc. People will also be tipped for posting links to positive/negative threads and articles so we can quickly organize swarms to go upvote/downvote and comment. This is a real problem on reddit (and youtube) where dash members comments and Dash threads are constantly getting voted down and people who scream stuff like “Dash is a scam” getting voted up.

Once we get going and are established (2-3 months) we could have a 20-30+ member swarm ready to go at all times.”

Once a majority of the team members approve the final revision I will post it here as the final draft.

Lawl, you guys are such suckers it is kinda of depressing. It's been said around here many times, Dash core doesn't wan't or need a community. They wanna be a bank.

hey geekz... i mean TDG, you are so addicted to dash, join the club. :p

one thing the drop in the dash price has done is inject some excitement into the community the last few days. not really the best way to do that (i prefer my method, lol) but new highs and low lows tend to do that.
it will actually have a good effect as it will create a new army of dash soldiers who were able to get in cheap, the lower it goes the bigger the army will get. when the whales detect the dumper is out of ammo they will feast and the price will snap back so fast it will make your head spin. however the market is irrational and the zcash hype is sucking up all the air (btc) in the room. either way thanks for the cheap dash.
we are less than 17k away from being back at about .017. 17k, or as otoh calls it.... a small snack, yum yum. :D

Thanks for all the feedback as I think this final revision is a much better, more realistic proposal now.

Final Draft!
The main changes are in the “The Changes” section.
I have cut a lot of fat out of the proposal to make it a shorter read and less of a rambling manifesto.

With a smaller number of members starting off I have nixed the rotating in and out part until dash force grows a lot more. Maybe in 6 months or so we will be ready for a full 5-7 member team.

Due to IRL time constraints macrochip will not be able to commit to at least 15-20 hours a week to work on dash force. He will still help out dash whenever he can as he has always done. We will also wait until the next proposal period to submit it.

With the renewed interest and support for incentivising testnet and the recent drop in price I wanted to make 2 small changes before submitting this proposal.
One is increasing the tip requirements from 30% to 35%. The budget will need to be increased slightly to 220 Dash per month to offset the 5% and make up for the drop in price. Dash force members will be making almost exactly the same as before the price drop. The tipping budget will gain 5% extra.
If there is another testnet incentivisation proposal the extra funds will be tipped out as normal.

This proposal we be submitted in the next 24-48hr's.

Thanks again to all that offered the feedback that helped shape this proposal, it's a much better proposal than the original.

why do you forget about the dash faucet? I think we can incorporate 'living dash faucets'. i would like to be on the Dash Force. I love telling people about Dash.

Hey how's it going. There used to be a couple of faucets but i have not seen them in a while. I think they are listed here in one of the forums. That's a great idea either way so if not we will set one up or tip the one that is already set up.

If passed, Dash force will eventually have new members rotate into the team every 1-3 months but we are starting small at first. Originally I wanted 7 members but people wisely said that was too many and to start small and build our way up.
I have a long term plan for what Dash force could look like in the next 3-6 months. At some point we will take new members and I have a application process I'm working on for that. Until then you can sign up for the swarm but I have not released the details about my plans for that either. I have it worked out in my head but have not typed it all up yet. It all requires proposal funding to work so i'm waiting to start, make that itching to start. :p
Once the proposal has around 600 net votes i will go ahead and start typing everything up and start implementing the Dash Force forum threads, slack channels and contest etc. The team members will need to sign off on everything first.

Last edited:
why do you forget about the dash faucet? I think we can incorporate 'living dash faucets'. i would like to be on the Dash Force. I love telling people about Dash.
Hello, there were many faucets around, the most of them are dry already but the faucet only gives a decent amount for free.
If you contribute somehow in testing or in responding on reddit, twitter or in any way helping some community members you might be sure this will not pass witout being noticed by us.
Lets grow helping others, testing the actual, future version of client and spreading around the good info about the project.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who voted for the DashForce Reloaded proposal!:)

All tip funds and monthly salaries were sent out to DashForce team members Monday, December 5. For Transparency the Public tip fund addresses have been listed below.

I have submitted the first draft of the DashForce Swarm contest to the team members for review and discussion. Once approved I will post the Swarm level one contest in its own thread @ the Dash forum (wed). Once posted I will take community suggestions for improvement for 24-48 hours. After that the contest will officially start, probably sometime Friday or Saturday at the latest. In the meantime I will get to work building the Slack channels and Dash forum threads for the swarm contest and other contest.

Due to the current low dash price and lack of funds this month a few contest had to be pushed back to next month. One of those was a testnet proposal contest which is still very much needed. Instead, this month DashForce members will be tipping out around $100 to people who have contributed to testnet.

The tips budget is also much less than I was anticipating this month so I will use some of my own funds to help with tips where needed. Other DashForce members are encouraged to do the same.

The original DashForce proposal was scheduled to be funded at over $3300 a month but failed for unrelated reasons. Due to community concerns the DashForce Reloaded proposal funding was scaled back for this first trial run and was funded at under $2000. If DashForce is successful we will be asking for full funding next month and all contest will be fully funded.

Total contest/tip budget this month. ~$650
~$400 for the swarm contest (50 Dash)
~$100 for testnet tips
~$150 other tips

Here is our public tip addresses posted for transparency. We will not keep an account of where every little tip went but you will see most of them in Slack and Reddit. Any left over funds will be sent to the Dash core team tip fund at the end of the proposal cycle.

mastermined - XpbDuQ3xZhHwNGgsy59tuZqzUnMkEZJ8PG
tao - XuoXzzjSzQXPMa6hQ2i9K1JaRkM5XJVqaJ
splawik21 - XfDctWtdQGo2AxVSoJyYd7QqzXZrxRMA8r

Last edited:
Back