• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH Español, spanish information hub

Then vote YES for dashespanol.com ... look it has DASH appropriate logo.
DEiNgxIXUAEHyv_.jpg

Nice!

Hi. I am JZA from the Bitcuners group in Cancun. I was lead on the Dash in Cancun project which we feel was highly successful. We have been planing this continuation of outreach for a while now and finally have all the pieces to launch our latest proposal together. This proposal will benefit and increase the adoption, not only in Latin America but of DASH world wide.
H1OMoPxSZ.jpg

I am the admin of Facebook DASH (Dinero Digital) and DASH (Digital Cash) groups as well as co-admin of DASH En Español fb page. I am also part of a crypto enthusiast group in Cancun called Bitcuners which successfully did an event recently in Cancun for merchant adoption. You can read an article about the event from one of the assistants.

Today we are launching (landing page) http://dashespanol.com

We are starting our network of bloggers, podcasters and experts to provide educational training materials as well as social media to inform the community. With a current network of 5 guys we are starting our network from around the globe. At the moment we have 1 designer, 1 producer, 2 bloggers, and 1 podcaster.

Latin America is a big adopter and player of cryptocurrency with many countries experiencing with tight economic and monetary regulation. Cryptocurrency has been a great opportunity for users to escape the failed economies, extreme corruption and political impunity.

We hope to provide well documented information and get good quality equipment and video editors and produce original work for the DASH network.

What we want
We want to go have this grow, however we want to ask the DASH network for support in acquiring equipment, and some rewards to our team. We are looking for a one month payment of 57 DASH.

• Daily news article in Spanish.
  • Weekly podcast on our brand new youtube DASH Español channel
  • Weekly opinion blog with summary of the week's event around DASH
  • Art and gallery expo for DASH aficionados
  • Reward and marketing projects and contests
  • Grassroot event rewards
At the moment we will start with the blogs and podcasts as we organize the teams and get the necessary information to get this wheels turning. We don't want to overpromise and underdeliver but we do see that there are some desired things we could achieve with relative ease since we have the necessary communication channels.

Cost distribution

Some of the things we want might need some fixed costs including equipment, location and other related costs.
  • Video recording equipment 10 dash
  • Production costs 2.5 dash
  • Web development cost 8 dash
  • Location rent 4 dash
  • Team rewards 22.5 dash
  • Marketing/Advertising/SEO 5 dash
  • Proposal cost 5 dash
  • Total: 57 dash
This will allow the community to get better quality information on their native language. We also want to push new ideas that can be integrated into the network.

Technical Notes
We want to build a CMS site using Django CMS hosted on Digital Ocean's Load Bancer on recurrent droplet network, able to handle a heavy load of traffic.
Site will be suing material design layouts with integration to the discuss commenting system.
Video material will be shoot in 1080p, with high quality hardware based compression for online distribution.

Studio will be enabled with a high availability fiber network for fast upload of videos.

About the Team
JZA - Production, Webdev
Marilu - Podcast host
Blogger 1 - Silvio
Blogger 2 - Caotic
Blogger 3 - TBA

The Bitcuners group in Cancun Mexico are still actively promoting Dash to local businesses and are awaiting the latest wallet update which will allow Kodaxx’s POS to run smoothly. We are an army waiting for supplies and marching orders. Although we have many merchants already using Dash, the merchants with more complex inventory systems, etc… are looking forward to the Dash POS. which needs a few capabilities from the Core team’s next release.

Thank you for your consideration. We look forward to serving Dash again soon.

Excellent proposal Bitcuners. The merchant event was a smashing success and you guys are going great work. It was a joy to speak at that event and the turnout was impressive.

It was great to see the billboard you guys put up in Cancun in such a high traffic area. Exciting buzz building around DASH in Cancun.

Keep up the great work and I'm happy to help out in any way I can. Keep up the good work and good luck with your proposal.

I recommend that you follow the lead of Rod Ambrissi, the owner of a likely-to-pass proposal in to the treasury right now.

He started a YouTube channel, produced many videos, and has thus proven his abilities in the sector. All this before asking for any funds.

I'd recommend that you do the same. True, you've already worked for the treasury before, but not at all in the capacity of what this proposal outlines. As a voter, I'd like to view your work in this sector before deciding whether I want to hire you.

Well I have an ongoing podcast with no equipment and is a hangout podcast with no production. The issue is chicken and egg, no equipment so it will look shitty. You can search for "Hablando de Blockchain y Criptos" on Youtube. Also the vision of this podcast will not be like a hangout but more like the Dash Detailed shows.

Last edited:
@TanteStefana
"they don't get paid for meetups" ---- Yes they do. They get 16 Dash / month for the last 5 months and will get another 16 before they ask for more. That is more than $2,500.00 per month just to host a meetup. If ten poeple ahow up thats $250 each. I find it very hard to believe that you are not aware of this fact.

I also find it odd that the first three responses on this thread are from brand new members all of whom have exactly one post in their history and all of whom say "wow great proposal".

I am also conserved that you choose to accuse me of exaggerating. I took my best guess at the attendance count when this "event" was posted and it looked like about 35 people. Subtract from that the standard 10 people that go to the Free Dash Bitcoin meetup anyway and that leaves 25 new attendees to split 240 Dash... About 10 Dash / per person. AKA $1,700.00 each.

You say that the real question is "Why am I concerned?".
I am concerned because I am paying attention.

@TanteStefana
"they don't get paid for meetups" ---- Yes they do. They get 16 Dash / month for the last 5 months and will get another 16 before they ask for more. That is more than $2,500.00 per month just to host a meetup. If ten poeple ahow up thats $250 each. I find it very hard to believe that you are not aware of this fact.

I also find it odd that the first three responses on this thread are from brand new members all of whom have exactly one post in their history and all of whom say "wow great proposal".

I am also conserved that you choose to accuse me of exaggerating. I took my best guess at the attendance count when this "event" was posted and it looked like about 35 people. Subtract from that the standard 10 people that go to the Free Dash Bitcoin meetup anyway and that leaves 25 new attendees to split 240 Dash... About 10 Dash / per person. AKA $1,700.00 each.

You say that the real question is "Why am I concerned?".
I am concerned because I am paying attention.
That was a long time ago, lasted 3 months and ended in March, just as the price was about to take off.

That was a long time ago, lasted 3 months and ended in March, just as the price was about to take off.
And it was immediately followed by a proposal for three more months which was approved and has been paid two months already.
Why are you pretending to be unaware of this?

Edit, I am wrong. This is a good question, I didn't remember this one. Lets ask @JZA what they're doing with the funds.

Last edited:
Edit, I am wrong. This is a good question, I didn't remember this one. Lets ask @JZA what they're doing with the funds.

Yes, lets ask him to produce documentation at the same level that Amanda and Pete did.

As a final note: I am a veteran of the block size war. And, therefore am completely unimpressed by "moderator" tags and "Core Group" tags. Nonetheless, using such tags to support unresearched and incorrect claims is an abuse of power on any forum. Moderators who feel the need to express their opinions should use a regular account to do so.

Thank you.
-Shawn

Well, I didn't intend to do so. Sorry you feel I did. BTW, thank you for that. Although you seem quite angry, I honestly forgot all that stuff on my name, and the responsibility it entails, and you've rightfully reminded me of that. Thank you.

Last edited:
I dont think this has much to do with the proposal right now. But 16 x 16 is not 17000 but 256 which is what the price was at the time of the proposal. Yes the price went up, but just like you mentioned about Amanda, when DASH was 16 dls, Amanda asked for 250 DASH, and just like she said on her video proposal for DASH Detailed + Spotlight she said "we will ask for the amount that we have always asked from the very beginning". Back when she started with the proposal 122 dash was around 500, back on her proposal was made was 4 times that. So notice how the amount was in DASH and not dollars. For the record I dont think was money wasted, just I dont think that our meetups were wasted as we grew much more and also the documentation of each of our meetups grew.

Right now you can see on our FB page, our meetups have an accountability for pictures each meetups of the participants, a short video during the meetups and interviews to assistants for each meetup. So yeah the price surge after Anarcapulco help us to do a small upgrade in hardware and also be able to pay one of the members to dedicate to record and take pictures during our 3-4 hr meeting. And like I have been mentioned in the past, DASH didnt payed for the meetups themselves, they payed for a reward program that will give back in DASH whatever the people consume that day. This was not just DASH being given away blindly, the user should have to have a wallet to take the DASH by the end of the meeting, making a lot of new comers go home with DASH on their phones or laptops. Also helping them to shortcut taking DASH the original fashion which would be to have them to buy Bitcoin first. This is a disruptive experience since the user start his/her crypto life with DASH instead of Bitcoin.

Also as a side note, we have been the smallest proposal ever on the DASH Central not to mention the decisions proposals which just asked for the 6 dash (proposal fee). That really had no monetary purpose. So my question goes to the rest of the proposals that also benefit from the price increase? How exactly are you managing their proposals that went up 500% for let say, build an RPM package for Linux? You think they shouldnt make more proposals because they stroke rich on the first one? Or you think their next development should be free? I am not clear what exactly are you proposing here to do?

And it was immediately followed by a proposal for three more months which was approved and has been paid two months already.
Why are you pretending to be unaware of this?
Do you have a quote of us pretending this?

We need the information in Spanish, I met @JZA in a Bitcunners meetup and we are working together so we can have more establishmets that accepts Dash, starting in Cancun and then in all Mexico and latinamerica. For many establishments owners its dificult to learn about cryptocurrencies and it could be much easier if they had the information in Spanish. We all ready have 1 Printshop and 1 Food establishment and its been hard to explain them what is Dash and criptocurrencies, blockchain, becouse almost all the information is in english.

We need the information in Spanish, I met @JZA in a Bitcunners meetup and we are working together so we can have more establishmets that accepts Dash, starting in Cancun and then in all Mexico and latinamerica. For many establishments owners its dificult to learn about cryptocurrencies and it could be much easier if they had the information in Spanish. We all ready have 1 Printshop and 1 Food establishment and its been hard to explain them what is Dash and criptocurrencies, blockchain, becouse almost all the information is in english.

Some photos of the meetup we had at Wokingdead

https://steemit.com/dash/@coachdigi/first-dash-meet-up-el-deck-s-wonkingdead-in-cancun

Global diversity is important and 57 Dash is less than 1% of a single months budget. JZA and the folks around him have delivered both on previous proposals and on their own initiative, imho it would be a good use of funds.

Can't really say if 57 Dash is a lot or not as a whole for what Dash destined to the spread of the use, but can say that thanks to Jza and Bitcuners in general, I have been to learn a lot about the criptoworld and have been able to use it to incorporate it to my carrer as a public account in Mexico, where I believed will be a huge oportunity.

Something interesting that also have seen is that a lot of people does the saying says: "come for the Dash, stay for the community", in the sense that even if the pay up for the food is nice, is not so rare that the people that come to the meetups doesn't ask it because instead, they prefer help with their own expertise to make reality diverses activities in their own communities and workplaces to use the Dash in their business as a thanks for letting them know about Dash and in a free way because, there are even more people that is asking money for the information that is given free in the community.

I want to thanks to dash dor the continued support and hope to continue helping to criptos and Dash in general.

Thanks, El_Criptoconta, that's really good to hear. I have always felt that grass roots efforts are the most powerful efforts, spreading the knowledge to "normal" people more so than anything else because, generally, you spread the information face to face, with real human connection. This is far more powerful than a TV commercial, which takes, according to some marketing rule, 7 viewings to remember, and has nothing to say about actually moving the viewer to act.

one on one sounds really s l o w, however, due to the exponential effect, it grows quickly and extremely effectively. Ultimately, it's far cheaper, in my opinion, as well.

This proposal, though, is not really for commercials, it's for spreading information. Once you have people interested, they can access the details via this proposal's videos, etc... This is just as important.

Back