• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core v19.0.0 Release Announcement

Pasta

Dash Core Group
Dash Core v19.0 is Officially Released!

Please see the release announcement for information about the release here: https://www.dash.org/news/dashcore-v19-0-product-brief/

Reminder that all v19 hard fork activated features are not active until the hard fork activates. The hard fork will activate no sooner than May 12.

Masternode Operators should ensure they update sentinel to 1.7.3 when they upgrade to 19.0.0

Please see the github release with binaries here: https://github.com/dashpay/dash/releases/tag/v19.0.0
Feel free to ask questions here and report all issues to https://github.com/dashpay/dash/issues.

Last edited:
To MNO's :

Due to 'MigrateDBIfNeeded -- wrote snapshot at height .. '' (basically a DB migration), the masternode sync can take a little bit longer then usual. Just check after 10 minutes with :

cd .dashcore
./dash-cli mnsync status

Also so far i can tell no sentinel update is needed.
Correction : Sentinel does need to be updated to v1.7.3 through a git pull, see below posts !!

To Dash users in general :

Due to a DB migration the start of the Dash Core wallet (Loading block index) can take longer then usual

Congratz to DCG for releasing this Dash Core update which includes a hard fork. Only one more hard fork to go (Dash Core v20), before the Dash Platform release to Mainnet.

Last edited:
To MNO's :

Due to 'MigrateDBIfNeeded -- wrote snapshot at height .. '' (basically a DB migration), the masternode sync can take a little bit longer then usual. Just check after 10 minutes with :

cd .dashcore
./dash-cli mnsync status

Also so far i can tell no sentinel update is needed.

Congratz to DCG for releasing this Dash Core update which includes a hard fork. Only one more hard fork to go (Dash Core v20), before the Dash Platform release to Mainnet.

Sentinel updates will be needed to 1.7.3 before the HF activation

Sentinel updates will be needed to 1.7.3 before the HF activation
v18.2.2 is already on Sentinel v1.7.3 (i tried a git pull inside sentinel folder with Dash Core v19.0.0 and that failed because Sentinel is already at v1.7.3).

Knipsel.JPG

Source : https://www.dashninja.pl/deterministic-masternodes.html

Doing a git pull on Sentinel with version already on v1.7.3 will give following error by the way :

Updating 4ced483..fa6c051
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
lib/init.py
Please commit your changes or stash them before you merge.
Aborting
FYI

Last edited:
@qwizzie You may have some automation or something that updates sentinel for you... Because 1.7.3 was only released a few days ago

@qwizzie You may have some automation or something that updates sentinel for you... Because 1.7.3 was only released a few days ago
That is strange, because dashninja.pl shows Sentinel v1.7.3 with v18.2.2 for some time now, if remember correctly.
Unless Elbereth already updated his node ? But then why does it still say v18.2.2

I don't have an automation on Sentinel, i always check through a manual git pull inside sentinel folder with a new large update.
Normally it just reports no changes when Sentinel is already up to date, but in this case (with v19.0.0) it threw above error.

Last edited:
That is strange, because dashninja.pl shows Sentinel v1.7.3 with v18.2.2 for some time now, if remember correctly.

I don't have an automation on Sentinel, i always check through a manual git pull inside sentinel folder with a new large update.
Normally it just reports no changes when Sentinel is already up to date, but in this case it threw above error.
It shouldn't, here was the 1.7.3 release: https://github.com/dashpay/sentinel/commit/fa6c05175f864cb50145bf50c8cf0c9969fcd3a2

So what does this error mean, when i do a git pull inside sentinel folder with Dash Core v19.0.0 ?

Updating 4ced483..fa6c051
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
lib/init.py
Please commit your changes or stash them before you merge.
Aborting

And how can we check our current Sentinel version ?

Last edited:
So what does this error mean, when i do a git pull inside sentinel folder ?

And how can we check our Sentinel version ?

It means something changed in that file locally for you, run
Code:
git diff HEAD
and if it's not important you can run
Code:
git stash example
to stash the change then run a git pull

If you want the change back afterwards you can then run
Git:
git stash apply

It means something changed in that file locally for you, run
Code:
git diff HEAD
and if it's not important you can run
Code:
git stash example
to stash the change then run a git pull

If you want the change back afterwards you can then run
Git:
git stash apply

This is what i get with a 'git diff HEAD' :

diff --git a/lib/init.py b/lib/init.py
index 9c9492c..5979ce1 100644
--- a/lib/init.py
+++ b/lib/init.py
@@ -104,9 +104,10 @@ def main():
print("DashCore must be installed and configured, including JSONRPC acc ess in dash.conf")
sys.exit(1)

- # deprecation warning
- if not has_required_env_vars() and has_dash_conf():
- print("deprecation warning: JSONRPC credentials should now be set using environment variables. Using dash.conf will be deprecated in the near future.")
+# Deprecate this deprecation warning.
+# # deprecation warning
+# if not has_required_env_vars() and has_dash_conf():
+# print("deprecation warning: JSONRPC credentials should now be set usin g environment variables. Using dash.conf will be deprecated in the near future." )

main()

i will try that git stash example command

@xkcd i am starting to remember that you provided some code to me / us to supress the deprecation warning. That seems to conflict with a git pull to update Sentinel to v1.7.3
Ultimately i got it fixed with a git reset --hard HEAD and then a git pull (see next posts). FYI.

Last edited:
Interesting, in that same dir run this to get the version
Code:
grep -ir sentinel_version ./lib/config.py

Interesting, in that same dir run this to get the version
Code:
grep -ir sentinel_version ./lib/config.py

sentinel_version = "1.7.1"

Previously installed Sentinel as follows on my masternodes, to get it working on my Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS :

git clone https://github.com/dashpay/sentinel
cd ~/sentinel
virtualenv -p $(which python3) venv
venv/bin/pip install -r requirements.txt
venv/bin/py.test test
venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py && echo "Sentinel installed successfully!"

At this point it's up to you, you can stash the changes as I mentioned earlier or simply reset to the HEAD (ie 1.7.1) which will delete your local changes with
Code:
git reset --hard HEAD

Then run a git pull to get to 1.7.3

At this point it's up to you, you can stash the changes as I mentioned earlier or simply reset to the HEAD (ie 1.7.1) which will delete your local changes with
Code:
git reset --hard HEAD

Then run a git pull to get to 1.7.3

Okay, i did a git reset --hard HEAD and then a git pull and i am now on 1.7.3
Thank you for your help, i appreciate it.

My Windows Dash Core v19.0.0 wallet crashed during a shutdown command, maybe this will be helpfull to devs :
2023-04-14T18:37:15Z sporks.dat dump finished 1ms
2023-04-14T18:37:15Z Verifying governance.dat format...
2023-04-14T18:37:15Z ERROR: Read: Deserialize or I/O error - AddMN: Can't add a masternode with a duplicate internalId=0
2023-04-14T18:37:15Z Error reading governance.dat: Dump: Magic is ok but data has invalid format, will try to recreate
2023-04-14T18:37:15Z Writing info to governance.dat...
2023-04-14T18:37:15Z Written info to governance.dat 5ms
2023-04-14T18:37:15Z Governance Objects: 12 (Proposals: 11, Triggers: 1, Other: 0; Erased: 0), Votes: 3944
2023-04-14T18:37:15Z governance.dat dump finished 25ms
2023-04-14T18:37:15Z Writing 0 unbroadcast transactions to disk.
2023-04-14T18:37:16Z Dumped mempool: 0s to copy, 0.004004s to dump
2023-04-14T18:37:16Z FlushStateToDisk: write coins cache to disk (17797 coins, 2523kB) started
2023-04-14T18:37:16Z FlushStateToDisk: write coins cache to disk (17797 coins, 2523kB) completed (0.03s)
2023-04-14T18:37:16Z FlushStateToDisk: write coins cache to disk (0 coins, 245kB) started
2023-04-14T18:37:16Z FlushStateToDisk: write coins cache to disk (0 coins, 245kB) completed (0.00s)
2023-04-14T18:37:16Z

"Runaway exception" raised an exception
Exception: type=boost::filesystem::filesystem_error, what="boost::filesystem::remove: De map is niet leeg: "C:\Dash\Data\database""
No debug information available for stacktrace. You should add debug information and then run:
dash-qt.exe -printcrashinfo=bvcgc43iinzgc43ijfxgm3ybaafwiyltnawxc5bomv4gla2fpbrwk4dunfxw4oraor4xazj5mjxw643uhi5gm2lmmvzxs43umvwtuotgnfwgk43zon2gk3k7mvzhe33sfqqho2dboq6seytpn5zxior2mzuwyzltpfzxizlnhi5hezlnn53gkorairssa3lboaqgs4zanzuwk5banrswkzz2earegos4irqxg2c4irqxiyk4mrqxiylcmfzwkircaaaa====

The Windows wallet itself does not seem harmed by it, the next start up and shut down was without problems.

Last edited:
It's weekend that's why I suppose ;)
From start till run took a little more than 8 minutes with migrating of DB.

MNOs should only upgrade if they agree with HCMNs. For those that voted No, no need to upgrade, just let the chain fork. DCG can rename their hardfork to whatever they choose.

So where (and possibly also when) can we follow miners adoption of v19 exactly ?
This site still only shows miners adoption of v18 : http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Dash_Info.html
Has v19 hard fork signaling not already started for miners by now ? Or are we waiting for masternodes support (80%) first ?

I seem to recall something has changed recently on how this all works these days (hard fork / spork / enhanced hard fork implementation / mined masternode majority support signal / special message in a block).

Last edited:
So where (and possibly also when) can we follow miners adoption of v19 exactly ?
This site still only shows miners adoption of v18 : http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Dash_Info.html
Has v19 hard fork signaling not already started for miners by now ? Or are we waiting for masternodes support (80%) first ?

I seem to recall something has changed recently on how this all works these days (hard fork / spork / enhanced hard fork implementation / mined masternode majority support signal / special message in a block).
According to thephez there won't be anything to see until block 1862784.

Back