• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core & Platform Team Sprint Reviews

@pshenmic

During latest Dash Platform & Core Development Update (date 11th of July 2023) the following (Not Planned) feature was announced :
'Configure network interface in dashmate'

Knipsel.JPG

feat(dashmate): interface binding configuration #1220
See : https://github.com/dashpay/platform/pull/1220

This is already merged in master / Platform v0.24.15 so a simple 'npm install -g dashmate' should include this, as that command will install latest stable version of Dashmate (v0.24.15).

Does this allow setting up multiple 4K Evo nodes on one powerfull VPS server or just setting up multiple 1K masternodes on one powerfull VPS server ? If it allows setting up multiple Evo nodes (which i orinally assumed was the case, but which i am starting to now wonder about) on one powerfull VPS server, then how is Blockchain data storage and Platform data storage being handled between those Evo nodes in Docker ?
Will there be multiple data storage locations ? Or will they share Blockchain and Platform data storage ?
And how will 'dashmate status' work with multiple masternodes / Evo nodes on one VPS server ?

Last edited:
Seems backwards to have multiple evonodes on the same physical server from a standpoint of decentralization and network robustness. Shouldn't we be encouraging the opposite behavior? Spread them far and wide. If a particular datacenter goes down, we don't want it to create a shock to the network.

Seems backwards to have multiple evonodes on the same physical server from a standpoint of decentralization and network robustness. Shouldn't we be encouraging the opposite behavior? Spread them far and wide. If a particular datacenter goes down, we don't want it to create a shock to the network.
With regards to decentralization and network robustness : having multiple masternodes on the same physical server through the use of additional rented IP addresses and with multiple blockchain storage locations is currently already being utilized by MNO's through normal VPS service providers. There is even a solution for normal masternodes with additional IP addresses to share their blockchain storage.

The main difference between an Evo node and a normal masternode is most likely the storage space requirements (200 GB of storage space required) and RAM availability (16GB required), which limits how many Evo nodes can run on the same physical server with a normal VPS service provider (so not a datacenter). For normal masternodes the number of masternodes that can run on one psysical server can be rather high, with the number of available additional IP addresses most likely forming the limited factor with VPS service providers.

I suspect with regards to Evo nodes (and just focusing on their hardware requirements) that this leads to a max of 3 Evo nodes on the same physical server, with a VPS service provider that supports a tier plan up to 600 GB storage space (minimum), 48 GB RAM (minimum) and support the renting of 3 additional IP addresses. With Evo nodes i suspect the RAM requirement will form the limited factor with VPS providers.

For clarity : i am talking about Evo nodes that need to support both L1 and L2 after Dash Core v20 activates, not Evo nodes currently active on Mainnet through Dash Core v19 activation, that just need to support L1.

There is also some costs to take into account. In my experience it is not uncommon to upgrade a VPS server to highest price tier (for example 600 GB storage space & 48 GB RAM) and end up paying much less in VPS hosting costs, then setting up three seperate VPS with each 200 GB storage space & 16 GB RAM. The factor that is driving this seems to be high inflation, which forced some VPS service providers to increase the price on their mid tier plans, while leaving their top tier plan unchanged.

Last edited:
Latest Sprint :
@QuantumExplorer

What is the point of Q & A if my questions are getting auto blocked anyways ?

This is the question i asked the devs :

To Sam, for Q & A later on : can we have your feedback on pshenmic proposal on dash.org/forum to enable DAPI on Evonodes operating on Mainnet, before the official release of Dash Platform on Mainnet ?

This would also allow DCG to release the Dashpay wallet a lot earlier then currently scheduled.
This is what everyone else appearently saw :

This would also allow DCG to release the Dashpay wallet a lot earlier then currently scheduled.

I think i will stop participathing on your Q & A sessions. There is no point and i don't like to be made fun of like that (qwizzie filter).
Questions from users are auto-surpressed for no reason at all and you guys are not even noticing it in your YT logs.
Thats just bad.

Last edited:
I agree with @qwizzie, yesterday SR question track went very chaotical and unprofessional. The answers on the questions wasnt clear, some questions was just missed or doesnt really answered the original question. At the end team asked to continue in the discord with the questions, thats what I did, tagged @QuantumExplorer, but got zero response from anybody in the team. And the last joke before ending the stream was rather unrespectful, than funny, as the person was hardly trying raise the question that number of people wait for.

The question about testnet in the DashWallet iOS remain silent - question was redirected to Brian Foster, but there wasnt any replies to that.
By the way, Brian on the previous SR pointed that the work is going for a feedback form from the community. Is there any progress on it?
This SR topics/goals took about 30 minutes, and then 30+ minutes spent on the various community questions that they unable to ask anywhere. Instead of having questions about the SR features, we are talking about numerous different things, not really related to SR goals / features.
That makes me wonder, how can it be possible to build an reliable communication bridge between DCG and community?

Due to deliberate errors in the code, developers can destroy this project. I don't like the idea of any kind of update. Because there is a risk of the same fate as terra luna.
Thats the biggest problem , and nobody cares about it!!!

DCG proposal should split to DCG-Dev and DCG-Test.

When a bug is found, DCG-Test gets the money planned to be given to DCG-Dev.

Back