• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core Group Q4 2017 Summary Call

kot

Masternode Owner/Operator
Dear Dash Community Members,

On behalf of the Dash Core Group Inc. I would like to invite you for the quarterly call to discuss project progress made during Q4 2017, summarise Core Team activities and answer your questions.

The call will take place on Wednesday, 31st of January at 16:00 UTC on our WebEx channel: https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/...FD12ZRS9EHMZ8B67XOD2O8-10JSD&rnd=471877.35367

There are 100 places available in our virtual meeting room. The call will be recorded and shared on the forum.

Agenda:
  1. Welcome and Introduction
  2. Software Development Update
  3. Business Development Update
  4. Marketing and Communication Update
  5. Project Organization Update
  6. Project Finance Update
  7. Summary and Comments
  8. Q&A
Pease prepare and submit your questions here in this thread or you will have an opportunity to ask your questions during the call on the chat channel (if there will be no technical issues during the session).
I would suggest to send one question per user, as there will be limited time for answers.

US TOLL:+1-415-655-0001
Meeting Number: 198 746 945

From other countries, please try numbers from the list published on the Cisco website (however I cannot guarantee if they work): http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/about/conferencing-global-access-numbers.html

Thank you
Robert Wiecko

1) When will the roadmap be updated? Why has it been left in its stale state for so long?

2) Is Evolution Version 1.0 still on track for 2018 release?

3) Increased communication and update efforts have been greatly appreciated. When will the communication coordinator resource that was promised be hired?

1) What type of proposals does the core team feel is lacking in the community Q4 2017 & Q1 2018?

2) How satisfied is core with the growth rate of the team to date? How much growth do we expect to see in 2018?

3) Given dash is digital cash and the goal around cash is that it is easily transferable, what is cores stance on the current dash interchangeability/atomic swap support? Does core plan on officially providing technical assistance to atomic swap exchanges much like they support centralized exchanges? Is this a priority now or will it become a priority?

3.1) Can dash instant send work with on-chain atomic swaps? If so could it also be used to connect to a off-chain(segwit/lightning) network to perform quick transfers?

3.2) Has there been any discussion about coin interchangeability within or alongside evolution.

4) When is the next open-house? Las Vegas this time?

5) Is Dash considering any strategic partnerships/integrations with other crypto's?

Bonus
6) Given money is no object what would you like to spend dash on that might be considered wasteful by the community?

Last edited:
1) What is the single best and most reliable avenue or and person for the community to reach out to Core with questions?

2) Is it possible to have a "dynamic roadmap" updated every month with new information, as well as completed milestones "checked off" so that the community does not miss important completed developments?

3) As far as Github commit access (including Evolution's private repo), sporks, and other essential access, is there a contingency plan to pass these on in case of a catastrophe befalling the Core team so that Dash continues on without losing years of development work?

4) What is Core's policy of acting as escrow for proposals? In cases where this is the best avenue, who would the point of contact be for Core-stewarded escrow?

5) Since Core proposals usually pass overwhelmingly and request a respectable amount of funding, is it possible for the community to receive a "heads up" a few weeks in advance that a proposal is planned that cycle so as to leave room in the budget?

1. Is core talking with Kyber Networks to add dash integration to their roadmap?

Kyber Networks is a block-instant decentralized exchange, making cross-chain payments easy e.g. receive dash when the payer is sending Ethereum.

This question also applies regarding Request Netowrk, ICON, or other cross-chain technology.

2. Decoupling:
    1. Once the DAPI is live, are there any long term plans to decouple Evolution from the main Core team? Perhaps this would allow a competitive environment, encouraging alternative wallets / interfaces to be built with the DAPI.

2. Similarly, as Core rapidly grows, would it make sense to decouple other functions of Core?

(Evolution needing so much resources, that perhaps other functions might be better served as a separate entity)

3. What are the most pressing improvements needed to the treasury system?

About this: Dash Core Group Inc. as a business structure. (Inc.)

What measures are being taken, so that business projects financed by the Dash treasury can give an ROI to the community?

For example, Dash's treasury has funded companies to develop bracelets using the Dash network, and in any traditional market, function as a venture capital fund.

Thank You

1) When will the legal structure that was talked about extensively in the Q3 call be released?

If that question is answered In a previous part of the phone call then my question is

2) can you confirm that privatesend will be functional in the evolution mobile wallets?

Further to Joel's questions...

1) Who would spear head and can we get support from core to have a full time communications and support team that would be dedicated to updating our development status as well as customer and merchant support.

These are currently fragmented being scattered through several different channels and not easily found.

2) Is there a plan to create a merchant support team? Again currently fragmented and not easily discovered.

Merchants have neither the time or desire to research, and read FAQ's, plow through forums, blogs and kaleidoscope of websites to implement new technologies...especially something as convoluted as crypto. Bitcoin after serveral years has failed miserably and has nothing to do with fees and transaction times, most places I've visited say they just dont understand how it all works. We all need to be real with each other...and DASH is in a unique position with Evolution to come out with a solution.

As merchant, I do not wish to lurk through a maze of chat groups, technical papers etc...I want to go to one central location...get the help I need and have a tech person walk me through the process give me the solution and done. Providing this level of service would change the game. We can't get adoption if we don't have a back bone to support merchants. If merchants don't accept DASH...customers cant spend it. Leaving this to third parties is not advisable.

Last edited:
I have few questions:

- When DAPI available? How can we test it?
- Does Dash Core thinks about the way to release softwares that don’t affect to infrastructure like wallets on mobile phone, or some front end products. I think release more frequently with small improvements will make community happier. It’s hard to estimate time for big release, but for small improvements, it is not very hard to estimate, then I think the Core should still need to state about release time, because it’s good for developers to know what they are expected.
- What do you think about our target users to attract? What group of people should we focus to attract them? What are the specific things of this group?
- What the Core needs community to support? What part the Core will not work and leave for community project?

Can we get an updated official headcount of full-time employees and part-time employees working for Core? ( I want to make sure I'm communicating accurate information)

Thanks!

1) When will the legal structure that was talked about extensively in the Q3 call be released?

If that question is answered In a previous part of the phone call then my question is

2) can you confirm that privatesend will be functional in the evolution mobile wallets?

Ad.1. We have just signed the papers few days ago and the structure is in place since then
Ad.2. This is not yet confirmed (will be updated during the time of development)

1) What is the single best and most reliable avenue or and person for the community to reach out to Core with questions?

2) Is it possible to have a "dynamic roadmap" updated every month with new information, as well as completed milestones "checked off" so that the community does not miss important completed developments?

3) As far as Github commit access (including Evolution's private repo), sporks, and other essential access, is there a contingency plan to pass these on in case of a catastrophe befalling the Core team so that Dash continues on without losing years of development work?

4) What is Core's policy of acting as escrow for proposals? In cases where this is the best avenue, who would the point of contact be for Core-stewarded escrow?

5) Since Core proposals usually pass overwhelmingly and request a respectable amount of funding, is it possible for the community to receive a "heads up" a few weeks in advance that a proposal is planned that cycle so as to leave room in the budget?

Ad.1. I would say that it is Fernando at the moment (he is our new CMO and communication is part of his responsibilities)
Ad.2. This is actually a very good idea. I will ask portfolio manager (I am recruiting the person) to make this a part of portfolio monthly reporting
Ad.3. I don't know at the moment. Will put this on the list of questions
Ad.4. There is no formal policy written. Usually we ask for project plan and milestones, payment schedule related to the milestones and testing plan + acceptance criteria. Each milestone is being verified and part of the payment made if tests are passed. Bradley is working on the new formal process for escrow
Ad.5. I will ask Ryan and new CFO for this

1) When will the roadmap be updated? Why has it been left in its stale state for so long?

2) Is Evolution Version 1.0 still on track for 2018 release?

3) Increased communication and update efforts have been greatly appreciated. When will the communication coordinator resource that was promised be hired?

Ad.1. There is still work on the technical documentation going on. We don't want to declare anything that cannot be confirmed (just to avoid another confusion with declarations vs. reality). The roadmap will be updated as soon as documentation is in place and Nathan, Andy, tech leads and PMs can confirm and commit to it. Nevertheless, we are not planning to give fixed dated in the roadmap but regular development updates instead
Ad.2. Evolution MVP is still planned for 2018 release
Ad.3. Fernando (new CMO) is working on communication plan and more structured approach (communication is a part of his duties)

About this: Dash Core Group Inc. as a business structure. (Inc.)

What measures are being taken, so that business projects financed by the Dash treasury can give an ROI to the community?

For example, Dash's treasury has funded companies to develop bracelets using the Dash network, and in any traditional market, function as a venture capital fund.

Thank You

Kindly please define "ROI to the community".
Dash Core Group primary role and goal is to deliver software product. We also work on the software maintenance, bug fixing, website and Dash promotion and marketing. All of this is direclty related to Dash product (payment network and protocol).

Ad.1. We have just signed the papers few days ago and the structure is in place since then
Ad.2. This is not yet confirmed (will be updated during the time of development)

So when will the papers be public?

Ad.1. I would say that it is Fernando at the moment (he is our new CMO and communication is part of his responsibilities)
Ad.2. This is actually a very good idea. I will ask portfolio manager (I am recruiting the person) to make this a part of portfolio monthly reporting
Ad.3. I don't know at the moment. Will put this on the list of questions
Ad.4. There is no formal policy written. Usually we ask for project plan and milestones, payment schedule related to the milestones and testing plan + acceptance criteria. Each milestone is being verified and part of the payment made if tests are passed. Bradley is working on the new formal process for escrow
Ad.5. I will ask Ryan and new CFO for this

Thanks for the answers! Let me be more specific on #4 as I feel part of it was misunderstood: If a proposal owner wants to use Core for escrow, who should I direct them to? Bradley? If so, just shoot him an email?

2) Is there a plan to create a merchant support team? Again currently fragmented and not easily discovered.

Merchants have neither the time or desire to research, and read FAQ's, plow through forums, blogs and kaleidoscope of websites to implement new technologies...especially something as convoluted as crypto. Bitcoin after serveral years has failed miserably and has nothing to do with fees and transaction times, most places I've visited say they just dont understand how it all works. We all need to be real with each other...and DASH is in a unique position with Evolution to come out with a solution.

As merchant, I do not wish to lurk through a maze of chat groups, technical papers etc...I want to go to one central location...get the help I need and have a tech person walk me through the process give me the solution and done. Providing this level of service would change the game. We can't get adoption if we don't have a back bone to support merchants. If merchants don't accept DASH...customers cant spend it. Leaving this to third parties is not advisable.

Dashop.io will make it easy for qualified merchants to be added to the marketplace.

Back