• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core Group Q2 2020 Summary Call - Thursday, 23 July 2020

kot

Masternode Owner/Operator
Dear Dash Community Members,

I would like to kindly invite you to the Dash Core Group Q2 summary call, during which the team will provide you with the recent updates about the technology, business development, and other delivery team efforts towards Dash network growth.
We have prepared a detailed report on the progress made during the last quarter, company achievements and challenges we have faced during the last quarter.
You will also see couple of examples of upcoming software upgrades and releases.

The call will take place on Thursday, the 23rd of July 2020 at 18:00 UTC.
Link to the Youtube stream:

Please prepare and submit your questions here, in this thread (or send them directly to @strophy ).
I suggest sending one question per user, as there will be limited time for the Q&A section.
Please be aware that we might not be able to answer all of the questions submitted before and during the call. In such a case, the remaining questions will be answered later, on the forum.

Thank you,
Robert Wiecko

Simply put:
Will we see Platform hitting mainnet before the end of 2020?

I'm an OG and even I am on the brink to lose patience regarding the ancient Evolution promise. I know devs are working hard, I know delays are hard to respect, I know goalposts may move, I know the falling price does not help to keep employees or contributors into DCG — but I can't barely imagine yet another 31 December passing without Platform going mainnet. All the more so as 2021 might be the year of a long-awaited crypto bullrun. Missing that (market) window would be almost lethal to Dash IMO, besides the disappointment of yet another calendar year passing.

There has been some private discussion among MNOs about the release of Evonet on 30 Dec 2019, which looked a lot like a rushed/last-minute release to satisfy huge expectations ("something tangible before the end of the year").
I and (I think) some others would like a firm "date" commitment from DCG. Will we have mainnet in 2020, or not?

Dash's codebase continues to diverge from bitcoin and AFAIK the last independent audit was five or six years ago. Will DCG commit to an independent security audit and code review within the next 12 months? If not, why not?

Being an open source project, bug bounties and testing obviously help but are no supplement for professional independent reviews. A clean bill of health would greatly improve dash's stakeholder confidence.

A recent poll Ryan conducted in the #mno channel of the Dash Talk Discord showed 22 MNOs voting for a 65% masternode / 35% miner block reward split, with only 5 voting for the 60%/40% split that Ryan ended up proposing to the network. The same poll showed 26 MNOs voting for 100%-masternode-funded superblocks, with only 9 voting for miners to help subsidize the superblock. In Ryan's upcoming proposal regarding superblock funding, are MNOs going to have an option to vote for 100%-masternode-funded superblocks, or only the less popular poll option like in the last proposal?

Last edited:
What is the current regulatory situation in Japan regarding Dash privatesend? How many exchanges trade Dash?
Does DCG have a China strategy? What is DCG currently doing in Africa, Brazil, Mexico and Venezuela?

When EVO:p

1. What are the plans for viral marketing strategies to promote and quickly ramp up user accounts once Dash Platform is on mainnet?
2. Are there still plans to organize hackathons or did the idea become irrelevant since there is now also the bounty program for developers?

Hello,

when will smart contracts and or tokens be available on platform? Or how much work would be left for someone to create this.

Who would be best to implement a wrapped dash for erc20 compatibility, dash core group or dash investment foundation Or independent ?

thanks

Is there a way we can see percentage complete of Dash Platform and DashPay? Please dont say go look at github, I am talking a simple metric that can be included along with the "Whats going on at Dash" update. This should be far along enough that you know how much there is left to code and dont accept, nor is it professional the "its done when its done" attitude.

I also echo @daf in saying us OG's are sick and tired of waiting and 2020 is the year it needs to go to mainnet, Make it happen. If you need more funding to get better or more dev's then DO IT. The MNOs in my opinion would be happy to give more to get it sooner.

The Dash Core Group Q2 2020 Summary Call recording available now on :

It’s about near 3 months from last quarterly call. How about Q3 quarterly call? When will it happen?

Back