• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Update / Masternode requirements / Masternode Payments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not contacted amazon directly, but form everything I've read, there is no charge at all from "terminating" contract.

You get 1 year free, then they charge you for the same instance something like 0.07c/h. So if by the years end you simply stop the instance, it will not work, so you would not be charged anything.

I think im gonna stay with local linux server!

I will setup old DELL PC, with brand new RAM, PSU ... my only problem is that i dont have static IP, but i have setup NO-IP DNS host... so EDUFIELD please add this option to the Masternodes

:)

Hello,

Bit of a newbie here - I've converted from bitcoins and LTC to 1,000 Darkcoins. I've got a spare laptop and wanting to setup a master node. Anyone willing to assist please?

I'm an applications developer and wishing to contribute to the success of darkcoins

Hello,

Bit of a newbie here - I've converted from bitcoins and LTC to 1,000 Darkcoins. I've got a spare laptop and wanting to setup a master node. Anyone willing to assist please?

I'm an applications developer and wishing to contribute to the success of darkcoins
You have a guide in Support > Guides, but the masternode needs to be always online, so I'm not sure if a laptop is the best idea.

I was just going to leave it plugged in 24/7... Unless you have an alternative? I did look into using AWS to host an Ubuntu instance. I get all that, I just don't get how to secure the node, nor point the wallet which has over 1000 coins. Once setup do we know the payout?

I'll read through the guide :)

Thanks for your reply

I was just going to leave it plugged in 24/7... Unless you have an alternative? I did look into using AWS to host an Ubuntu instance. I get all that, I just don't get how to secure the node, nor point the wallet which has over 1000 coins. Once setup do we know the payout?

I'll read through the guide :)

Thanks for your reply
Postpone this for a while. There are some issues with a fork and it is better for you to wait. Read all the other threads for more info.

FAQ
  1. In one of the steps you say to send over exactly 1000 DRK. Does this have to be sent in one go? I'd feel better sending over 0.1 DRK to test, then send over 999.9 after. Would that be okay?
    - You have to send 1000DRK at once. It needs one single input for technical reasons.

2. Do we have to use the ISOs? Or is this just recommended?
    - That's for people that want something quick, definitely not required.

3. Can you get the 1000 DRK back out of the daemon or are they lost once sent?
    - The money is still good, it's just locked while you're a masternode. To send it back out of the daemon you would need to disable the "masternode=1" in the config and restart.

4. You specify that I must have a static IP address, why can't I use a dynamic DNS service?
    - I'll enable that at some point.
I have a question.Each time that node is selected the network will dedicate 10% of that block to these nodes.The reward of Masternode=the new coin of the block(for now is 5 DRK)*10% or the reward=(the new coin of the block+the fees of transaction)*10%?For example,the value out 0f the block80298 is 1078 DRK.So the reward of the masternode is 0.5 DRK or 107.8 DRK?

I have a question.Each time that node is selected the network will dedicate 10% of that block to these nodes.The reward of Masternode=the new coin of the block(for now is 5 DRK)*10% or the reward=(the new coin of the block+the fees of transaction)*10%?For example,the value out 0f the block80298 is 1078 DRK.So the reward of the masternode is 0.5 DRK or 107.8 DRK?
It's 20% already. 20% of a block with 5 DRK reward = 1 DRK. Read this thread for more FAQ.
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/some-simple-questions-about-masternodes.1094/

- Download the beta daemon of darkcoin
- Use ./darkcoind getaccountaddress 0 to get an address on that daemon
- Send EXACTLY 1000DRK to that daemon
- Encrypt the wallet with a strong password, make a backup of the wallet, do not copy the wallet while the daemon is running

Question:
I downloaded the Darkcoin wallet for Windows.
How do I incorporate the receive-address of "getaccountaddress 0" into my wallet?

The intent of my question is that I feel that I am just sending darkcoins to an address that is not under my wallet's control.

Question:
I downloaded the Darkcoin wallet for Windows.
How do I incorporate the receive-address of "getaccountaddress 0" into my wallet?

The intent of my question is that I feel that I am just sending darkcoins to an address that is not under my wallet's control.
Code:
darkcoind dumprivkey <your-public-account-address-0>
And after that you can import the private key into your qt wallet.

Hello all ,
Most probably I look like a dummy for asking and it might already be here somewhere, but if more and more people have 1000 DRK for masternode how are they paid if only 4 mln DRK at this moment and total approx 22 ?
Looks like it gets less interesting to mine as mining is used to pay masternode , then price must go down and DRK looses interest.
Don't get me wrong, I love this coin, i have arnd 350 at the moment ( hoping to get 1000 one day ) , but if someone could clarify that I,m wrong and explain that this coin easily reach .1 BTC and more then thanks a million !:smile:

Hello all ,
Most probably I look like a dummy for asking and it might already be here somewhere, but if more and more people have 1000 DRK for masternode how are they paid if only 4 mln DRK at this moment and total approx 22 ?
Looks like it gets less interesting to mine as mining is used to pay masternode , then price must go down and DRK looses interest.
Don't get me wrong, I love this coin, i have arnd 350 at the moment ( hoping to get 1000 one day ) , but if someone could clarify that I,m wrong and explain that this coin easily reach .1 BTC and more then thanks a million !:smile:
answer

so now 3480 MN if I am not wrong. It seems it is not interesting at all to setup one masternode right ?

You are currently getting about 11% ROI per year so its more than interesting to set up a masternode right now.

Pablo.

The return on investment slowly goes down. It's a much more gradual process than the halvening in Bitcoin. Approximately 7% less per year.
dada.jpg

At the moment it is ~8.24%. But, with any luck at all, Dash will become more valuable faster than the ROI goes down.

Here is a handy page with many metrics:
Dang, wish I can run my own masternode one day!

Last edited:
Dang, wish I can run my own masternode one day!

When Evolution rolls out, and is fully functional, it will look like online banking, including a "savings account". Any Dash you put in there will automatically participate as a share in a Masternode. So then you could make a decent interest rate on 500 bucks, instead of $360,000 for the whole thing.

Also note that even today you can buy a share of a Masternode through one of several trusted team members like MooCow or Splawlik. That takes more like 8-10 thousand dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back