• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin price going down, ideas on how to change that?

teamer

Ok guys,
First time i heard about darkcoin (couple of weeks ago) I said yay! this thing have the potential of overtaking bitcoin someday, but lately the prices have been falling and falling (well i don't have much darkcoins anyway ... but i have those questions:

Why DRK price is going down?
- Not enough demand?

Why there's not enough demand?
- Everyone is using bitcoin, and demanding payments in bitcoin?

Why should people have interest in DRK?
- There's other 100s of altcoins too, what's special about DRK?

DRK has darksend, where you won't be tracked:
- Bitcoin have mixing too, which is way cheaper than Darksend fees?

Basically anyone who reads anything about darksend, they think of bitcoin mixers, which even have lower fees. I am personally not sure if this is true or not, and i prefer not to look it up my self for discussion reasons. bt what i see from my shallow view on darkcoin that yes, this coin have some potential despite the problems is network faced(and solved - bitcoin had even bigger problems before).

The only positive thing i see about darkcoin is the anonymity of transactions that are possible with darksend, but hey! who needs that will use bitcoin mixers it's cheaper!. so back to a question: Why the fees for darksend is much higher? or high? why wouldn't they be just the same as the normal transaction fees, and the darksend to be the normal and regular transaction (ok , maybe a slow-transaction).

Some might say: High fees because we need 1k drk to start a master node ... ok my question is "Why 1000 ?" ... well i know the answer already, to completely mix the coins, but what if i want to send 0.05 DRK only? i can use a master node with 5 DRK and feel safe about it !.

So what i suggest (and I do not know how possible or feasible is that) is what about converting ALL nodes to MASTERNODES, and 'darksend' through those nodes who have at least (amount x N DRK) with double normal fees instead of tho wooping percentage ? (where N is some factor) .

For example, i want to send 50 DRK via darksend, through a node that have 20X dark-facor , looking for a node that have at least 50x20 = 1000DRK and send through it, fees would be 2x normal fees (or depending on the factor)

this way you will encourage people to actually use a crypto-cin which is UNIQUE and DIFFERENT from bitcoin, with reasonable fees, and for those who want to send a fast transacion, to use the "fast transaction" which is the normal send now?.
This way more people will want and be able to open a masternode, the more they have, the more fees they get, and the more it is possible to get a transaction getting through.

This is at least something which might increase the actual demand on darkcoin for real transactions, and not only transactions for drk/btc or drk/usd trading!

show me any website that accepts DRK and ONLY DRK as a form of payment ?

Hello, your guess is as good as mine but I think the low dark is due to the lack of real interest. By real, I mean those that war to use it rated than those that are pumping and dumping.

How do we change that? Easy... Well, easier said than done. Make a drum and beat it for dark has loud and as long as possible!

Has for the MN, as far as I'm aware the 1,000 drk has nothing to do with mixing but more so to make it expensive for those to cause harm to the network by setting up rogue nodes.

Im kind of shocked at you, teamer. Bitcoin is on its fifth year and Darkcoin hasn't finished its first. This is to be expected. Use it to your advantage, as an early adopter of simply a better coin.

Lets get some things stright, Darkcoin is sound money. It eliminates the fungibility risk from the start. and reduces the bitcoin hacking risk with compartmentalized verified offline 1000.00 DRK MNs.

Obviously cryptos tend to hold more value the closer it is to Bitcoin. and Darkcoin can do anything bitcoin can do, only better, faster, less bloat and private. Oh I am sure Bitcoin can manage as its always has.

Bitcoin mixers are centralized and an unsafe solution to a ongoing fungibility problem. It would be best to skip the first wave of Bitcoin adoption and sink your teeth into the next digital currency similar only better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently there is a BOT running on Crypsey exchange thats driving the price down by systematicly putting in and retracting cheap buy&sell orders. Its being talked about on the other forum. Manipulated value. Eventually some whales will jump in and buy a ton of it. Im putting all my free cash into DRK right now. Eventually its gunna skyrocket in price. I just wonder how low it will go before the people who made the BOT jump in and buy.

Hello, your guess is as good as mine but I think the low dark is due to the lack of real interest. By real, I mean those that war to use it rated than those that are pumping and dumping.

How do we change that? Easy... Well, easier said than done. Make a drum and beat it for dark has loud and as long as possible!

Has for the MN, as far as I'm aware the 1,000 drk has nothing to do with mixing but more so to make it expensive for those to cause harm to the network by setting up rogue nodes.

"those that war to use it" ... 100% correct, there's currently NO actual use for darcoin (well except for some websites) we need to have a market where people can actually get stuff with darkcoin! and that wouldn't happen very soon, and will never happen if the price went down even more! or of it goes up too fast either!, it droppen below 50% of when i first heard of it (not that long time ago) .. will it become more stable ? yes maybe, but when? and most important ... what price. i've seen some coins having good price, then suddenly drop to fractions of cents and stay there. but at least i have some faith in darkcoin, the community can do somehing and i guess the faster the better! making noise will just rise the price temporarily, but building an infrastructure will do the change!

Im kind of shocked at you, teamer. Bitcoin is on its fifth year and Darkcoin hasn't finished its first. This is to be expected. Use it to your advantage, as an early adopter of simply a better coin.

Lets get some things stright, Darkcoin is sound money. It eliminates the fungibility risk from the start. and reduces the bitcoin hacking risk with compartmentalized verified offline 1000.00 DRK MNs.

Obviously cryptos tend to hold more value the closer it is to Bitcoin. and Darkcoin can do anything bitcoin can do, only better, faster, less bloat and private. Oh I am sure Bitcoin can manage as its always has.

Bitcoin mixers are centralized and an unsafe solution to a ongoing fungibility problem. It would be best to skip the first wave of Bitcoin adoption and sink your teeth into the next digital currency similar only better.

Sound reply, but come to think of it, people wasn't much aware and didn't have much trust in bitcoin (still some don't) that's why it took more than 5 ears for bitcoin to reach what it is now. everyone just wished they were one of the early adapters, but since then, new cryptos came out, and most of them died because they were 'useless'. and what is not used, is useless!

the closest crypto to bitcoin is namecoin, which actually can be mined side-by-side with bitcoin, it is an exact copy ... what's it's price now ? it have some price because people use it as a decentralized DNS, (hmmm, i will build an easier ddns that doesn't require mining! yay found something to do next weekend)

for 'better, faster, less bloat and private' ... what would it take bitcoin to be re-engineered to have this? from my experience in programming ... nothing except community heavy request, or a rival which popped up some time ago (that's how i knew about darkcoin!) if they acted now, tomorrow darkcoin will just vanish (they might comeup with something different but gives same results)

mixers are centralized, but they're being used and trusted

and please don't be shocked of me, i am just saying what's on my mind, maybe pushing a little bit in a bad way and talking about worst scenarios, but would i if i didn't want DRK to become useful?

Apparently there is a BOT running on Crypsey exchange thats driving the price down by systematicly putting in and retracting cheap buy&sell orders. Its being talked about on the other forum. Manipulated value. Eventually some whales will jump in and buy a ton of it. Im putting all my free cash into DRK right now. Eventually its gunna skyrocket in price. I just wonder how low it will go before the people who made the BOT jump in and buy.

I would buy bitcoins, because i can pay for my servers with bitcoins, i can cash it out easily if i get paid in it, i can advertise using bitcoins, i can go to some coffeshops and pay in bitcoins, what can i do with darkcoins? i am just asking you people to BUILD an infrastructure where people can SPEND their DRK, who will want DRK when they can't spend it anywhere?

Yes you're buying DRK, but as far as i see, just because you KNOW it will sky rocket, it will! but the question is WHEN? is it before a no-go-back line? or after?
loads of coins lost their value because of probably same bot, loads of people MINE and AUTOSELL at whatever price it is, i am one of the miners who uses old bitcoin mining hardware to mine some coins and autosell them for bitcoins (brings more than mining bitcoins till the mined coin price drops or completely shutdown) probably this is happening now to darkcoin! people mining it with their old GPU farms and autoselling it, they sell it at whatever price because they find no value for it. i mine DEM coins, and the only way to stop me from autoselling it is : DEM become useful . but for me it's not!, same goes for darkcoin (at least i think so) it spiked in price, which became a good opportunity for who had GPU miners for bitcoin to use them again, get loads of DRK and sell them for bitcoins! maybe that's good for later on (we will buy those mined coins) but unless we make it us eraeful, darkcoin will remain useless. and believe me, if we had those darkcoins and didn't use them, who will?

The idea of early adopters has been used, no one will use a coin which is mined/not available/have it's own whales already! look at all those new coins who say "premined" no one buys them except the devs, because they look cheap and just bunch of kids who might did good job actually, but want to be early adopters!. this is not bitcoin, this is not the first thing out.

What i am trying to say is use the coins, but or sell REAL stuff to give the coin a value, market values are just an illusion :

This subject and project vertoe https://darkcointalk.org/threads/start-trading-on-darkbids-com.1478/ is an example of what i am talking about
These projects (din't check all of them) but yeah these projects can do it https://darkcointalk.org/threads/merchant-directory-listing.1692/#post-15932

Any projects for darkcoin on your mind? I will help and advice you regarding any technical information you need if you're thinking about any project for DRK. just ask (i will not code or build the actual project, just advice, and it WILL help you)

Just treat it like a stock in a new company you better hold on to. Dark is getting so good you have to buy it.
Good opportunity for second waves of investors I see have arrived. If you are new, make an account, introduce yourselves.

The mission is to make the first privacy-centric currency. That is a first for something. If the technology is better then Bitcoin, Darkcoin may have a bright future ahead of itself.

Back