• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Ambassador Group

I would have put the list in my last post but my phone is shit and keeps on auto-filling from the second I type in one to two letters and I've done everything that I can think of in the settings haha!

Anyway here's my list:

1) Dash, has an easy-to-remember name and it's name reflects what it is and what it does. No other cryptocurrency currently has that.

2) The name 'Dash' has essentially rebranded the whole industry so now anyone can talk about cryptocurrencies as 'Digital Cash' but the top spot will be 'Dash' the currency. This is why Dash will achieve much more than Bitcoin ever did and will hit larger audiences much faster. It's now easier than ever to mention digital currencies in conversation.

3) Instant transactions - This is now possible with InstantX

4) You have the ability to increase the security on transactions by increasing the number of rounds that it goes through

5) Anonymous transactions - This has been made possible with Darksend which jumbles up your coins' receive / send addresses that are associated with it and mixing them with a number of other addresses confusing anyone or anything trying to trace where the payments originally came from. This means less time worrying about hacks and more time investing in the future currency, Dash. You can also purchase what you want when you want with no trace coming back to you so.....Need to have the wife bumped off? No Problem! Pay someone with Dash and no-one will ever know that you had the bitch killed.... :) (I'm joking about that last bit haha!)

6) With Dash you can pay in anything from large amounts right down to tiny decimals. This makes the currency more accurate that current globally used currencies in banks

7) No more banking fees - Why should banks benefit from holding your hard-earned money by charging you when they get to play with it anyway? It's now completely under your control and if the bank goes bust then who cares. Unlike Northern Rock Bank you won't lose your money as Dash will always be available.

8) The currency isn't controlled by any government. This is extremely important as it can't ever be shut down and this is made even more safe with Masternodes. Unless a government traced everyone Dash owner and bought every bit of Dash then they wouldn't be able to shut it down! It's safe, secure and it always promotes internet freedom. This also means that no-one will see what you do with your money. Why should it be anyone else's business what you do with your property?!

9) It's a global currency! No more exchange rates so no more hassle!

10) Great investment! In the future Dash will be worth considerable more.....Now is the time to invest!

11) Incredible community and dev team! This in itself is something that you won't find anywhere else.

Ok so that's how I would present it to people, by hitting on those points. If you guys can think of anymore to add to it then please let me know :D Thanks again!
Evan mentioned fixing Bitcoin's scalability problem using the masternode network to achieve as many as 1 billion tx/s. This means we are able to be the global currency!
And the instant transactions makes it so we can compete with credit cards. The flexibility and instantaneousness of credit cards combined with the fungibility and security of cash: We are DASH!

Evan mentioned fixing Bitcoin's scalability problem using the masternode network to achieve as many as 1 billion tx/s. This means we are able to be the global currency!
And the instant transactions makes it so we can compete with credit cards. The flexibility and instantaneousness of credit cards combined with the fungibility and security of cash: We are DASH!
We're a step closer to WORLD DOMINATION! Next we need to invade Poland and then.....Nah I'm messing lol

That's another point for me to add to my list, thanks :D The more people are aware that there's a better, faster, more secure, and privacy-protecting payment system out there (Dash) the better :D

Is there already or will there be a device that can and will store someone's wallet on it? So when you walk into a shop etc a payment can be processed instantly using that device.I would look but I'm at work and the internet is ridiculously slow :p

We're a step closer to WORLD DOMINATION! Next we need to invade Poland and then.....Nah I'm messing lol

That's another point for me to add to my list, thanks :D The more people are aware that there's a better, faster, more secure, and privacy-protecting payment system out there (Dash) the better :D

Is there already or will there be a device that can and will store someone's wallet on it? So when you walk into a shop etc a payment can be processed instantly using that device.I would look but I'm at work and the internet is ridiculously slow :p
uhm, you mean like a mobile wallet? :tongue:

Yep exactly that :D They already exist don't they? lol This is where I end up looking like a complete knob :p
An Android wallet exists, but we still need an iOS wallet. And the existing wallet doesn't support Darksend or InstantX at the moment as it's just a fork of the mobile wallet for Bitcoin without many modifications. :smile:

Ah ok that sounds crazy :D Nice! :D This has probably already been brought up but with NFC on mobile phones would this pose a threat at all even if NFC is switched off? Like could someone not steal all of your data from your phone from a foot or so away? I read on Hack Forums (I think it was there) that someone could also steal your card details from a foot away using some scanning & storing device.

Would it be worth investing in a 2nd mobile phone which will act solely as a wallet which will only be switched on for transactions and then turned off again once the transaction is complete? Or is there strong encryption that prevents anyone from using data stolen from a device?

Sorry to ask so many questions, I'm just really curious and want to see how it's going into the future :D This also allows me to fully answer the question when people ask "Well how will my wallet be safe?" when I mention mass adoption to them.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply by the way :D

Am I the only one that read "DASc" and thought wtf? :tongue:
The forum presentation software reformatted my nemonic :( I had the DASH all aligned vertically but it came out as a SNAFU.

Trying again.

.....D igital
.....A nonymouus
.....S wift
casH

I would have put the list in my last post but my phone is shit and keeps on auto-filling from the second I type in one to two letters and I've done everything that I can think of in the settings haha!

Anyway here's my list:

1) Dash, has an easy-to-remember name and it's name reflects what it is and what it does. No other cryptocurrency currently has that.

2) The name 'Dash' has essentially rebranded the whole industry so now anyone can talk about cryptocurrencies as 'Digital Cash' but the top spot will be 'Dash' the currency. This is why Dash will achieve much more than Bitcoin ever did and will hit larger audiences much faster. It's now easier than ever to mention digital currencies in conversation.

3) Instant transactions - This is now possible with InstantX

4) You have the ability to increase the security on transactions by increasing the number of rounds that it goes through

5) Anonymous transactions - This has been made possible with Darksend which jumbles up your coins' receive / send addresses that are associated with it and mixing them with a number of other addresses confusing anyone or anything trying to trace where the payments originally came from. This means less time worrying about hacks and more time investing in the future currency, Dash. You can also purchase what you want when you want with no trace coming back to you so.....Need to have the wife bumped off? No Problem! Pay someone with Dash and no-one will ever know that you had the bitch killed.... :) (I'm joking about that last bit haha!)

6) With Dash you can pay in anything from large amounts right down to tiny decimals. This makes the currency more accurate that current globally used currencies in banks

7) No more banking fees - Why should banks benefit from holding your hard-earned money by charging you when they get to play with it anyway? It's now completely under your control and if the bank goes bust then who cares. Unlike Northern Rock Bank you won't lose your money as Dash will always be available.

8) The currency isn't controlled by any government. This is extremely important as it can't ever be shut down and this is made even more safe with Masternodes. Unless a government traced everyone Dash owner and bought every bit of Dash then they wouldn't be able to shut it down! It's safe, secure and it always promotes internet freedom. This also means that no-one will see what you do with your money. Why should it be anyone else's business what you do with your property?!

9) It's a global currency! No more exchange rates so no more hassle!

10) Great investment! In the future Dash will be worth considerable more.....Now is the time to invest!

11) Incredible community and dev team! This in itself is something that you won't find anywhere else.

Ok so that's how I would present it to people, by hitting on those points. If you guys can think of anymore to add to it then please let me know :D Thanks again!
I have copied these points into a temporary page of my presentation and will make sure I hit all of them in the final presentation.

The presentation is a work in progress you can review and criticize here
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ztk0jagePkzvi6RLQW9Flf0bdS50gVZsN1QPFbUK4Ok/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks
BobLQ
http://www.meetup.com/Makati-Digital-Currency-Meetup/

I have copied these points into a temporary page of my presentation and will make sure I hit all of them in the final presentation.

The presentation is a work in progress you can review and criticize here
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ztk0jagePkzvi6RLQW9Flf0bdS50gVZsN1QPFbUK4Ok/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks
BobLQ
http://www.meetup.com/Makati-Digital-Currency-Meetup/
Ah cool thanks :D

I'll add another two which (if you choose to you can add):

12) Active Support - Both the developers and the community are always on hand to answer questions and support any member regardless of their question. This is extremely important as it encourages new members and investors to adopt Dash as they know they will have the support there should they have any queries. Most if not all queries are responded to within 24 hours. This further instills confidence in not only the community but the currency itself.

13) Can't be taxed - Where Dash is de-centralised it means that no government or regulator can monitor your Dash. This means you don't have to worry about paying tax on it but you can also look at Dash as a long-term investment as it will always be there for you to sell at any time. Where safety deposit boxes are no longer easily available in the UK for cash deposits, you can now invest your money in Dash which is safer than a safety deposit box as you have 100% control over it at all times. If being hacked is your worry then you can store your wallet on an external hard drive or USB and once you're finished accessing your wallet you can just eject the device and it's now completely safe. Something that isn't connected to a network can't be hacked.

Ok so points 12 and 13 I have typed up as if I were giving a presentation so it saves you a headache having to think too much about them. I am still yet to check out your presentation but I will do in a sec :D If I can help in any way with wording etc then please let me know and I'll do my best.

Thanks

My dear ambassadors
due to the rebranding and all, we seem to be a bit at a standstill in the moment.

Which honestly surprises me a bit.
Sure we can wait for new logos and big presentations and the big BTC convention to come to town,
and that is all great, do NOT get me wrong please,
but i want to encourage again (i posted similar things before)
that we as ambassadors can show presence of DRK - Dash in many ways
and on different levels.

My favourite these days are chat groups
(Not IRC)

I am running one locally - 44 Members
+ started/ encouraged another in a neighbouring Country - 350 Members
+ they are now planning 2 more different internet outlets. (Chat + FB style)

As a member i am on 2 other chat groups, (no DRK) more BTC related, Any Crypto, Smart Contracts,....

This all is a ton of work as you can imagine + foreign language (i live on google translate)
but super interesting and fun
the momentum you can create in these groups is amazing.
people can finally talk about DRK - Dash, ask questions, get guides, get help, have fun,
post pictures,..... friends bring interested friends, cryptonauts bring others, it can only grow bigger and spread the word.
i wonder how many MN are actually in my 1 local chatgroup, (a lot, trust me)
seriously, i am not saying i made them buy DRK or set up MN's. Not at all, I am just there talking (like always),
helping out, explaining the tech, talking about ..... bla la la
and it totally works and is a ton of fun. By now i met a lot from different groups in person,
+ have them on private chats .....

BTC chat groups are a different ballgame, but much more interesting on a business level,
as there i can meet new merchants, exchange owners, Journalist, other DRK's, ideas, PR people, get advice and tips for contacts or whatever, .....
In all my good contacts i brought to DRK , 95% came from that one chat group.
(New DRK Exchanges, Merchants, Journalist direct contacts, written stories, Publications, Company owners, whales, coders, webpages....)

So i am not trying to say (at all) that you should join these chat groups
i am wondering why you do not do the same ?
ether
- Start a DRK - Dash chat with a couple of guys, Telegram, Google, .... there are tons of Apps to make it easy to start.
or
- check around online for the 'good' big Chat Groups BTC related, Altcoin, Blockchain,.... (interesting connected members)
(pick a good one as otherwise you have to deal with TROLLS, i imagine, i never had any problems)
and you just hang around, learn the robes (who is what) and take it from there, super easy

people will be excited to hear about DRK - Dash! finally a real Dash person to talk to,
it works every time.
and it catches momentum, people tell people, people read the chat history like newspaper (i did that for some time, not anymore)
every time you say DRK - Dash it will create a reaction !
i thought that could be a different approach to the Ambassadors,
while we are waiting for rebranding (and in general)

You guys should try it out
just a thought
:wink:

Ah cool thanks :D

I'll add another two which (if you choose to you can add):

12) Active Support - Both the developers and the community are always on hand to answer questions and support any member regardless of their question. This is extremely important as it encourages new members and investors to adopt Dash as they know they will have the support there should they have any queries. Most if not all queries are responded to within 24 hours. This further instills confidence in not only the community but the currency itself.

13) Can't be taxed - Where Dash is de-centralised it means that no government or regulator can monitor your Dash. This means you don't have to worry about paying tax on it but you can also look at Dash as a long-term investment as it will always be there for you to sell at any time. Where safety deposit boxes are no longer easily available in the UK for cash deposits, you can now invest your money in Dash which is safer than a safety deposit box as you have 100% control over it at all times. If being hacked is your worry then you can store your wallet on an external hard drive or USB and once you're finished accessing your wallet you can just eject the device and it's now completely safe. Something that isn't connected to a network can't be hacked.

Ok so points 12 and 13 I have typed up as if I were giving a presentation so it saves you a headache having to think too much about them. I am still yet to check out your presentation but I will do in a sec :D If I can help in any way with wording etc then please let me know and I'll do my best.

Thanks
You should rewrite 13) a bit..

The wallet is not safe if it has ever been exposed to the internet, it could have been copied without you knowing. Leaving it on USB memory sticks will create a false feeling of safety. If you want to store Dash safely you can create paper wallets which have never touched the internet, but the masses will not understand how to do this. But the good part is they will not have to neither because:
In the future we will have mobile wallets which can be encrypted with an external RFID chip. Bitcoin already has this, we just need to fork it. Also hardware wallets like Trezor will make it safer. :grin:

You should rewrite 13) a bit..

The wallet is not safe if it has ever been exposed to the internet, it could have been copied without you knowing. Leaving it on USB memory sticks will create a false feeling of safety. If you want to store Dash safely you can create paper wallets which have never touched the internet, but the masses will not understand how to do this. But the good part is they will not have to neither because:
In the future we will have mobile wallets which can be encrypted with an external RFID chip. Bitcoin already has this, we just need to fork it. Also hardware wallets like Trezor will make it safer. :grin:
Ah ok cool thanks :D I'll be honest, I wouldn't know where to start with paper wallets so today I'll be on a mission to learn. I'm going to start a separate thread titled 'Paper Wallets' where I'll ask for help and suggestions. The information gathered in that thread will also hopefully help other members who would like to create paper wallets too.

Thanks again :D

Ah ok cool thanks :D I'll be honest, I wouldn't know where to start with paper wallets so today I'll be on a mission to learn. I'm going to start a separate thread titled 'Paper Wallets' where I'll ask for help and suggestions. The information gathered in that thread will also hopefully help other members who would like to create paper wallets too.

Thanks again :D
Ooo, I'd love to contribute with the knowledge I have from making my own paper wallets. I'll see if I find the time, I'm going to travel today though, so I'm a bit busy atm :smile:

Ooo, I'd love to contribute with the knowledge I have from making my own paper wallets. I'll see if I find the time, I'm going to travel today though, so I'm a bit busy atm :smile:
Thanks man! :D It would be hugely appreciated when you get the chance :) The more knowledge the better and it'll bring us one step closer to educating the masses.....And me haha! :p

My dear ambassadors
due to the rebranding and all, we seem to be a bit at a standstill in the moment.

Which honestly surprises me a bit.
Sure we can wait for new logos and big presentations and the big BTC convention to come to town,
and that is all great, do NOT get me wrong please,
but i want to encourage again (i posted similar things before)
that we as ambassadors can show presence of DRK - Dash in many ways
and on different levels.

My favourite these days are chat groups
(Not IRC)

I am running one locally - 44 Members
+ started/ encouraged another in a neighbouring Country - 350 Members
+ they are now planning 2 more different internet outlets. (Chat + FB style)

As a member i am on 2 other chat groups, (no DRK) more BTC related, Any Crypto, Smart Contracts,....

This all is a ton of work as you can imagine + foreign language (i live on google translate)
but super interesting and fun
the momentum you can create in these groups is amazing.
people can finally talk about DRK - Dash, ask questions, get guides, get help, have fun,
post pictures,..... friends bring interested friends, cryptonauts bring others, it can only grow bigger and spread the word.
i wonder how many MN are actually in my 1 local chatgroup, (a lot, trust me)
seriously, i am not saying i made them buy DRK or set up MN's. Not at all, I am just there talking (like always),
helping out, explaining the tech, talking about ..... bla la la
and it totally works and is a ton of fun. By now i met a lot from different groups in person,
+ have them on private chats .....

BTC chat groups are a different ballgame, but much more interesting on a business level,
as there i can meet new merchants, exchange owners, Journalist, other DRK's, ideas, PR people, get advice and tips for contacts or whatever, .....
In all my good contacts i brought to DRK , 95% came from that one chat group.
(New DRK Exchanges, Merchants, Journalist direct contacts, written stories, Publications, Company owners, whales, coders, webpages....)

So i am not trying to say (at all) that you should join these chat groups
i am wondering why you do not do the same ?
ether
- Start a DRK - Dash chat with a couple of guys, Telegram, Google, .... there are tons of Apps to make it easy to start.
or
- check around online for the 'good' big Chat Groups BTC related, Altcoin, Blockchain,.... (interesting connected members)
(pick a good one as otherwise you have to deal with TROLLS, i imagine, i never had any problems)
and you just hang around, learn the robes (who is what) and take it from there, super easy

people will be excited to hear about DRK - Dash! finally a real Dash person to talk to,
it works every time.
and it catches momentum, people tell people, people read the chat history like newspaper (i did that for some time, not anymore)
every time you say DRK - Dash it will create a reaction !
i thought that could be a different approach to the Ambassadors,
while we are waiting for rebranding (and in general)

You guys should try it out
just a thought
:wink:

Also, localized threads in the forums. I used to spend all my time in bitcointalk in the main darkcoin thread. Lately I have started to post more on the Spanish one and it is great because I feel it is moving faster and people are getting to know darkcoin better. Similar thing here at darkcointalk, although most people who are in this forum are already into darkcoin, so the effect is not that big.

Also, localized threads in the forums. I used to spend all my time in bitcointalk in the main darkcoin thread. Lately I have started to post more on the Spanish one and it is great because I feel it is moving faster and people are getting to know darkcoin better. Similar thing here at darkcointalk, although most people who are in this forum are already into darkcoin, so the effect is not that big.

good thinking fernando !
I am a lot in the international section of DCT as well, we still have to extend down there !!

yesterday on our official DRK FB I saw posts that we have now
Algerian + Venezuela FB Pages !!
how cool is that , I was thinking about this program right away and wonders who it is ?!

anybody not on FB , well you could do the same on Twitter, G+, Instag, Tumbler ,..... :wink:

Hey guys
as the rebranding is pretty much done
i started reworking all the guides and videos (tx to buster + darkred).
this will obviously take me a while (first 3 are done)
but no worries, i think we are ready to relaunch the DAG !

minotaur send out an email earlier to check in with the DAG's
who is still committed and who is not. Lets see what comes back from that email effort and we take it from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back