• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Cryptocurrencies that have governance.

demo

Last edited:
Waves is going to support voting but I don't know if it will govern the protocol.

Similar story for NEM... has voting and notarisation but not sure about enforced governance.

Agree , but my point is this , or rather question

What are the drawbacks of proof of stake?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timocracy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plutocracy

"The term plutocracy is generally used as a pejorative to describe or warn against an undesirable condition.[3][4] Throughout history, political thinkers such as Winston Churchill, 19th-century French sociologist and historian Alexis de Tocqueville, 19th-century Spanish monarchist Juan Donoso Cortés and today Noam Chomsky have condemned plutocrats for ignoring their social responsibilities, using their power to serve their own purposes and thereby increasing poverty and nurturing class conflict, corrupting societies with greed and hedonism.[5][6]"

Money can be established either by violence, or by faith. Money has either its believers or its servants-slaves. Money is not a commodity. You can stake a commodity, you can stake a company, but you cannot stake money. Money is the medium you are using in order to stake. So what you really need to define in order for a money object to become real, is either a "proof of the number of believers" or a "proof of the number of slaves", and after defining this number you can then define how much the stake is. For example, you may hold half of the ethereum coins worldwide, but if you have no believers/slaves at all, then you have nothing, as long as the non believers have already fork to the ethereum version_2, and your ethereum version_1 holdings worth nothing. The same rule applies to whatever coin, bitcoin, dash, euro, USD or anything. The number of slaves/believers is the most critical number to count.

So how much do you stake? The stake you hold is as big as the others believe it is (or are forced to believe it is) . Your proof of stake is closely related to the belief of the others. In order to prove your stake, you have first to prove the number of your believers/slaves.

Last edited:
For now on I will update the first message of this thread and mention the coin name and the place where the governance decisions can be seen.

So far I have discovered 3 coins that support the governance feature.

Please post below if something is missing, and I will edit the first message and add it.

http://www.monetaryunit.org (ready after migration to x11)

MUE also has governance.
Governance built in.

The budget proposal system is not a free for all. It is a democratic process that is maintained and monitored by the MasterNode network.

Once a budget proposal has been made, the MasterNode network, the stakeholders of the MUE project, maintained by the individuals or groups that manage those MasterNodes, can then vote. 1 vote per MasterNode. A majority decision has to be achieved for the budget proposal to be approved. The funds are released at the end of the month through what is called a “SuperBlock”. Again, this self governing model is not widely used amongst other cryptocurrencies, and helps MUE maintain the integrity of the project, and helps to improve strategic & commercial decisions for the project and how it spends its own funds.

I added it in my list.

If you know any other crypto that has government, please post it below.

Last edited:
The governance flower is expanding in cryptocurrencies. I am searching now for a community that is governed by as fewer cryptotards as possible, in order to join it and invest all my efforts in it.

I wish all the governed cryptocurrency communities to have a cryptotard governors detection system. I wonder , will this detection system be coded one day? :p

Last edited:
Back