Coredev Contest and Sponsor Program follow up
We’ve had great interest in the sponsorship program, but many of the potential sponsors were asking for an easier way to contribute a small percentage (5%) of their masternode earnings. In order to make donations easy for everyone, the first time you start your masternode, the software will ask if you’re interested in donating. This should make it very easy for anyone to support the development of Dash, without messing with complicated configurations.
Most masternode operators that reached out to us were interested in donating about 5%, which is the number we used for this feature. We’ll make it configurable later on, but for now that is the default.
Please consider donating, it is super easy to do now, with your help we will be able to advance development faster.
Here are the things we will be working on with the new developers:
Core Development - C++
We’re seeking highly talented software developers capable of working on the core client, which is written in C++. Participants should have a solid understanding of Bitcoin based technologies.
Dash is an exciting framework to work on with technology such as the Masternodes, Darksend, IX, among other features, so we expect lots of contestants.
Example projects include:
- Improving Masternode protocol communication
- Speeding up the unique features of our client
- Implementing a challenging solution to storing Masternodes in the blockchain
- Writing technology for serializing the Masternode Payments history (to improve the reference nodes accuracy)
- Debugging Darksend and getting it to work 100% of the time
- Keeping the core client up-to-date with upstream changes happening in Bitcoin
iPhone / Mobile Wallet Specialist
Are you a skill Objective C programmer? We’re looking for someone to create a mobile wallet for iPhone, please see https://github.com/voisine/breadwallet
for an example of what we would like.