• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

CCminer X11 mining on NVidia cards

Welcome!
First, I recommend you compare your card to the list here: https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus
The number under compute capability is the CUDA version. That is also the version of ccminer you will reference in the batch file.

First, open the folder that CCminer is installed. in it you will have a few files. you are looking for something like "darkcoinstart.bat" or "runme.bat".
Second, right click(assuming windows) and select edit. It will open up notepad.
Code:
ccminer21.exe --algo=x11 -o stratum+tcp://mining.darkcointalk.org:3333 -u username -p password
pause
That should be similar to what you should be seeing. I have an Nvidia GTS 450, which is compatible with CUDA 2.1, thus the ccminer21.exe reference. Once you plug in the info for your pool, save it.
You have to start mining by using the batch file. That is what tells the .exe file what settings to run. The other option is to open command prompt, and plug all that in every time you start the miner. yuck.

If for some reason your video card uses CUDA 2.1, here is a link to KBomba's release, which includes ccminer21: https://github.com/KBomba/ccminer-KBomba/releases/

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please be sure to ask.

I was wondering...when I try to run the BAT file for either kbomba's or christian's ccminer, the terminal window appears and then immediately disappears. Does anyone know why this might be? For the CPU miner, it works fine...
I'm not entirely sure. I haven't worked with DOS type stuff(I guess technically command line stuff now) in any major capacity in quite awhile. There might be some way to get the window to stay open instead of closing(other than the pause, which is supposed to leave it open as far as I understand).

You need to have your own .bat file loaded.. What ccminer you run is determined by what type of Nvidia card(s) you are using.. what ever Cuda version they take is the ccminer you use.. ( My GTX 760's run Cuda 3.0, hence I use ccminer30.. )
Here is my string:
ccminer30.exe -t 2 -a x11 -o stratum+tcp://mining.darkcointalk.org:3333 -u -p

You need to make a .bat file similar to that.. open up your text program and type up your stirng similar.. if you need to use ccminer30 feel free to copy my string. Once you put that in to your text program, save it in the same folder as ccminer and save it as a .bat file then just double click the .bat file and you are good to go.. Just make sure you have your correct pool address and port number (you can get those from the "Getting Started" link of your pool. then just make sure your user name and password are correct.

I dont know if its allowed, if not then please delete it. But here's mine uploaded to mega

https://mega.co.nz/#!jNMxXZDY!nbvXfhRIQg6FyJ45vdNfo6VEV978Ej2pEVjXsLPrOH4

Just download it, place it in your ccminer map and you can right click it, "edit" and then fill in your info (if you like, feel free to mine on my 0% fee p2pool node! to support the whole network)

You may need to edit the ccminer.exe version. I dont know what card you use. but check out: https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

then if you see 3,5 leave it as it is else edit it. use ccminer30 for 3.0 else ccminer 50 (for gtx 750(ti))

If you need help feel free to pm me :)

greets aadje93

Thanks everyone for the help! I finally got it mining! =) One thing I have noticed is the fluctuations in the KH/s. It usually maintains at 4000Kh/s - 5000Kh/s..but then there are times where it'll go down as low as 2000Kh/s. Though earlier today I broke 7000Kh/s.

Are fluctuations common for Nvidia cards? Or should they be more stable? O_O.

The fluctuations are normal, i see the same thing. Sometimes 2800/2900 and then its 5000 again. Its an average of the last hash. So sometimes it goes fast, sometimes slow. It doesnt check it every 1000th of a second to spare resources, just look at what the p2pool reports, thats more important :)

Build issue for me (64-bit 13.10):

Stack dump:
0. Running pass 'Live Variable Analysis' on function '@_Z24myriadgroestl_gpu_sha256Pj'
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
make[2]: *** [cuda_myriadgroestl.o] Error 139

---
cicc crashed with SIGSEGV in llvm::LiveVariables::HandleVirtRegUse()
reason: writing NULL VMA
with: nvidia-cuda-toolkit 5.0.35-7ubuntu1

i am also running into this issue. does anyone have a solution?

So I have a single NVidia GEForce GTX650.
This is what I am running - ccminer30 --algo=x11 -o stratum+tcp://drkpool.com:3333 -u username -p password
However I am getting only upto 650 khash/sec. Is that normal? Anyway I can increase this hashrate?

So I have a single NVidia GEForce GTX650.
This is what I am running - ccminer30 --algo=x11 -o stratum+tcp://drkpool.com:3333 -u username -p password
However I am getting only upto 650 khash/sec. Is that normal? Anyway I can increase this hashrate?
Probably need to download MSI Afterburner to overclock it, but be careful and add slowly.. I would also download GPU-Z so you can monitor the load you are putting on your card..

Definitely overclock. I'm averaging 600 khash/s when I have my GTS 450 overclocked(ever so slightly, even). This thing is so fickle with overclocking, I've only been able to add 75 mhz to the core clock 52 mhz to the memory clock before it gets funky. Most of what I've read for people's overclocks on this card were a bit more.

I also recommend that you do a bit of research on what others have done for their overclocks on your model of card. Try to work from there ever so slowly. Eventually you will find a good point of stability that adds a bit more oomph.

https://github.com/cbuchner1/ccminer/releases
Holy Crap guys!! You need this upgrade if you are running ccminer30 to ccminer35!! I just upgraded to it and my 2 gtx 760's just jumped from a combined 4011khash/sec to a whopping 4950khash/sec!!!! over 950 khash increase with less than 5 min worth of work!! WOW OH WOW!!!

Edit: Plus this version doesn't send my anti-virus into a tizzy like ccminer30 did!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Will def. be sending some love to cbuchner1 real soon!! This upgrade is amazing.. Never thought I would see the day that a GTX760 would run with a r9 280!!

New to the forums and darkcoin, just thought I would post what khash/s I am getting with my nVidia setup with v1.2
[2014-06-18 19:45:54] GPU #0: GeForce GTX TITAN Black, 5523 khash/s
[2014-06-18 19:46:30] GPU #1: GeForce GTX TITAN Black, 5575 khash/s
Seems to be an issue with the latest drivers where "Display Drivers have stopped functioning" and it causes ccminer to print insane hash rates and just spin out, so I had to write a python script to pipe output from ccminer and determine when it spins out of control and restart it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting some weird fluctuations in my hash rate on v1.2 with two Titan Black cards. I often come home to find one or both cards running only at 1000 khash/s and have to reboot my system in order to achieve full hashing rates again.
Going to file a bug report most likely.

What Cuda version are they running? If I am not mistaken.. the new v1.2 is only supporting 3.0 and 3.5. If the Titans are running 5.0, that may be the issue...
and btw.. very sweet to see someone using Titans! I came across those online about 3 weeks ago and could only imagine what they would do! 5meg apiece is insane! Aren't those things like $1,200.00 a pop?

What Cuda version are they running? If I am not mistaken.. the new v1.2 is only supporting 3.0 and 3.5. If the Titans are running 5.0, that may be the issue...
and btw.. very sweet to see someone using Titans! I came across those online about 3 weeks ago and could only imagine what they would do! 5meg apiece is insane! Aren't those things like $1,200.00 a pop?

Kinda funny story behind them, they were given to me as a gift :smile:. Yeah, they are expensive but are worth it if you want to game in high resolutions. The fact that they seem to be very good for mining dark coin is great, used to all my hardware being inferior to AMD for sha256/scrypt.

I have the latest nVidia drivers installed but I think I figured out how to avoid the crashes. If I do an other task that reacquires semi intensive 2D/3D it seems to make them crash but if I just lock my computer and do nothing else with it I don't get the crashes or slowdowns really. Also I stopped running the GPU control application "EVGA Precision" that came with them as that seemed to cause it as well. I don't over clock them either, just running at the stock settings they came with.

Not sure why my first post about this was removed.. (AMD guys jealous I guess..lol), but anyway, here is the link to get the new ccMiner v1.2

https://github.com/cbuchner1/ccminer/releases

*Note, this doesn't work for the older 2.0 cuda cards.. I haven't seen the update for those yet!

After I upgraded my (2) GTX 760's, I went from @4011khash/s, to @4950khash/s!! I am also getting about 6-8% more power output and they are running much more stable. It even got rid of that pesky error that we all kept getting!! Big hats off to Christian B for this upgrade!!!

and final note.. who ever flagged/removed my previous post about this... please leave this one up, or at least come to me first about removing it.. Common sense/courtesy and all.. Thanks!!

Back