• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget System v2 / Transform PR

camosoul - haven't spoken directly to you in over a year and a half.

If you are true to your words, why on earth do you still hold Dash and why oh why do you keep coming back here with your inflammatory rhetoric? I think you've had more than enough time to figure out how the vast majority of us simply do not see eye to eye with your mega-lo-maniac and ego-centric views of life. Some of us actually think like if beautiful and that the world will not end tomorrow.

I am profoundly impressed at the amount of money you make. Seriously. I am shamed to my insignificance and stand in awe at the marvel that is your existence. You are the Leonardo Da Vinci of rags to riches. As a self-proclaimed homeless that lives off the grid yet manages to makes gzillions of dollar per nano-second, with perfect internet connection, guns and bikinis. You are the Napoleon Hill of cryptos.

I wouldn't for one second even consider you to have a very serious impairment between your ventromedial pre-frontal cortex and your very evidently deformed amygdala, which is in fact, what makes you unique.

If I was running the show, these are what my priorities would be, as of now:

1. Improvement of the Core Product (InstantX, PrivacyProtect working swiftly on all platforms, official Android and iPhone Dash wallets)

2. Easing the barriers to entry (Fiat-to-Dash exchange, or added to a current reputable exchange such as Gemini or Coinbase)

Then, once we have built it, THEN...

3. Marketing/PR (Getting Dash out there to consumers and merchants).

IMHO, DGBB Dash are better spent on the first two aspects before beginning the third. At this point in time.

TaoOfSatoshi -

how would you go about #2 without proper PR ? It is exactly because of things like #2 that PR is desperately needed. How do you propose we go about this without it being at an institutional level?

TaoOfSatoshi -

how would you go about #2 without proper PR ? It is exactly because of things like #2 that PR is desperately needed. How do you propose we go about this without it being at an institutional level?

No amount of PR would help with regulatory compliance and risk management which is what these exchanges care about.

The path forward is not by playing by old established rules meant for an old totalitarian centralized system but by making the old system obsolete.

Using decentralized exchanges like Coinffeine that can handle fiat is be the way to go.

No amount of PR would help with regulatory compliance and risk management which is what these exchanges care about.

The path forward is not by playing by old established rules meant for an old totalitarian centralized systems but by making the old system obsolete.

Using decentralized exchanges Coinffeine that can handle fiat is be the way to go.

Utopia definitely should be pursued, but we live in reality land. If you want to play FIAT game you cannot at this moment escape regulatory statutes. Have you tried Coinffeine? I was part of beta. Complete and utter crap, very unfortunately. It just didn't work properly, hence why they basically are vapourware. Plus, they are absolutely not decentralised. They 100% play centralised and are subject to the same regulatory compliances, risk management, AML and KYC practices as everyone else. Just try to send in money/cash out.

What they do do, is enter a grey area where they issues IOU's for the equivalency of FIAT funds so that you are "free" to trade in a faux-decentralised manner. When you want to cash put, you're still subject to governmental scrutiny. There is no escaping that, except blackhat operation and illegal economic activities.

There is absolutely zero way to deal with FIAT money transmitters and not have centralised and accountable services - which is very unfortunate for us. FIAT is "their" money, and they do whatever "they" want with it. Since "they" make the laws that rule the land, there is zero we can do about it, except join them and beat them from within.

And get serious please. PR has zero to do with regulation or compliance, that is the job of the exchanges. You continuously show lack of knowledge on what PR is, or lack of willingness to learn more about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
yidakee

You are making too many assumptions about someone's knowledge or lack thereof which doesn't help the dialogue at all. You are acting like Camosoul in this sense.

You have told TaoOfSatoshi that you need PR to achieve item no 2 on his list. Weren't you talking about packaging Dash as a pill easy to swallow by some of these exchanges, using PR as a tool? Guess you weren't very specific there. How do you see PR exactly help item no 2 on that list?

The way I see it is the best way to get in and out of fiat with Dash is to partner up with the biggest and most stable in the business, like coinbase. This will take some serious wooing. But they're trusted (not at all decentralized, true, but they handle all the big companies). Like Yidakee says, the government owns fiat, we have to comply, or take risks. The regular population will not want to take risks, and will only join the crypto-coin sphere when it looks all on the up and up. Coinbase looks very up and up. All we need is to convince them to accept Dash, and others like them. For this, we need PR.

What would really be cool is if Paypal would accept it. Man, they're world wide, and I think that would be very cool. Buy and sell your crypto on Paypal! Yes!

The biggest thing is, you usually have to hook up your checking account with them, and frankly that's scary. It's got to be a solid company for people to trust them that way.

TanteStefana yidakee

You are fooling yourselves if you really believe the big exchanges are willing to take on the risk of listing an anonymous coin like Dash, creating Dash/fiat trading pairs. They won't risk their entire cash-cow operation, getting shut down by regulators just to gain a small profit boost.

I think you're wrong there. Bitcoin users are already able to mix their coins. Cash can't be traced. We're just not worth their while at this time. I think this fear is unwarranted. There is absolutely nothing illegal about Dash and if a company like Coinbase were to allow for Dash to Fiat trades, the exact same things still apply with KYC etc... There is nothing essentially different. You'll also be on the hook for taxes, just like Bitcoin. The government wants your taxes :)

I think you're wrong there. Bitcoin users are already able to mix their coins. Cash can't be traced. We're just not worth their while at this time. I think this fear is unwarranted.

Yes they do on obscure websites and well hidden behind bunch of interface options, not as a built-in feature and not when that's the main selling point of the coin. They also do it on 3rd party websites where personal identifiable information like IPs can be logged.

Well, maybe in your country this is a problem, but in the United States of America, the government still has to comply with the rights and the will of the people, so I don't see this as being a problem at all. Bitcoin has paved the way, Dash is no different legally, it's simply better technology. We still have laws that the Government can't ignore.

Well, maybe in your country this is a problem, but in the United States of America, the government still has to comply with the rights and the will of the people, so I don't see this as being a problem at all. Bitcoin has paved the way, Dash is no different legally, it's simply better technology. We still have laws that the Government can't ignore.

Haha. Right. That's a good one. The US that has the most restrictive laws when it comes to cryptocurrency. Same US that enacted the Bitlicense legislation in NY that forced many companies like Shapeshift to move out. UK and Singapore are more cryptofriendly than US at this point. For example, In UK Bitcoin is regarded as a currency not as a commodity.

I love you to death Tante but please, please don't you ever try to kill me with such hilarious statements again.

That "the government still has to comply with the rights and the will of the people" would not be conceivable even for the Great American Horror Story, Hillary Trump Clinton to utter, it's really that much disconnected with the reality:

Yes, all they can do is require licenses, more KYC regulations, etc... but they can't stop crypto-currencies. Ultimately because there is nothing illegal about them. Fiat is their world. We have to dance their dance when we move to their world. But that's just fine. What's wrong with that? Then the more people who begin using Cryptos, the less need there will be to go back into fiat.

Is that Hillary with a new hair cut? She's going to jail.

And yes, in the United States of America, they have to gather evidence, make sure it's handled properly and often the perp gets to run around with their head in the air acting like they did nothing wrong, but in the end, if they do their job right, which I'm certain they're doing, they lay down the charges and prosecute. Ms Hillary Clinton is in denial due to her arrogance, but she'll be found guilty of many things, and will probably have to do a little time. Nothing as much as what she deserves but she'll be knocked down and won't have a political career ever again, which will hurt her the most.

I'm looking forward to the bit where all the AML/KYC rules and the definition of money meet, they contradict the "fungibility" part of the definition of money so at some point the legal use of the term "money" will be brought into question and they'll have to either drop the term and re-write all the law books or drop the AML/KYC BS, mwahahah :)

The best bet DASH has to get onto some high volume fiat exchange is not by lobbying Coinbase or other US exchanges but approach other ones like BTC-E. Coinbase will never introduce DASH.

Perhaps only realistic chance DASH has to get onto some high volume DASH to fiat exchange is by talking to a Bulgarian exchange like BTC-E that found a way to circumvent centralized control. http://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/btc-e/

I've heard these guys are willing introduce coins for a fee. Maybe this is the best option at this point.

The path forward is not by playing by old established rules meant for an old totalitarian centralized system but by making the old system obsolete.

Using decentralized exchanges like Coinffeine that can handle fiat is be the way to go.

This is exactly right. The compliance rules are what is key. They are changing every year. So even if you do meet them today - will you next year? Will you even know when they are retroactively changed? This is a crazy high risk space right now.

We need to find a way to skip the KYC - do an open bazzar like decentralized trading system or coinffeine eschange. It would only have seller fiat to buyer fiat transfers - no central account. The Dash would be held by a 3rd party and released based on contract. Maybe this is a slow process that takes 2 days. It is 100% better than doing KYC bs and being subjected to withdraw/deposit limits.

Yidakee - this isn't utopia. It is entirely possible. It is also a lot more possible if we put $6k/month into finding the solution. A decentralized trading system is a technical problem that can be solved.

How many people thought a soda machine couldn't be done by the Miami conference? We are a pretty talented bunch. With a little direction we can do it.

Maybe the first discussion we need is how much is the right amount to spend on marketing, then choose what we do from there.

Perhaps only realistic chance DASH has to get onto some high volume DASH to fiat exchange is by talking to a Bulgarian exchange like BTC-E that found a way to circumvent centralized control.
Bulgarian?? I always thought it was Russian... Anyway they "moved" to somewhere in London now - "service is operated by ALWAYS EFFICIENT LLP" :rolleyes:

I've heard these guys are willing introduce coins for a fee. Maybe this is the best option at this point.
I highly doubt it, they haven't added a single crypto for ages and still trading only some completely outdated (imo) pairs.
There are talks that they made a good amount of money in early LTC ages and basically do not care too much anymore, they just keep exchange running as it is.
They have quite a nice volume in btc/ltc/usd pairs so why would they bother at all? All they do now is changing fees for deposits and withdrawals back and forth...

Bulgarian?? I always thought it was Russian... Anyway they "moved" to somewhere in London now - "service is operated by ALWAYS EFFICIENT LLP" :rolleyes:

I highly doubt it, they haven't added a single crypto for ages and still trading only some completely outdated (imo) pairs.
There are talks that they made a good amount of money in early LTC ages and basically do not care too much anymore, they just keep exchange running as it is.
They have quite a nice volume in btc/ltc/usd pairs so why would they bother at all? All they do now is changing fees for deposits and withdrawals back and forth...

Most people think it's Russian because some of its customer base is Russian and have Russian as a language there but that's not the case. :)

upload_2016-2-20_18-33-1.png

I was personally involved in a project that had the option of getting listed onto BTC-E in exchange for a fee which wasn't small but they were willing to do it for the right amount. Can't remember how much it was exactly but they were open to the idea provided we were willing to pay the price. This was 2 years ago or so.

Back