• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget System v2 / Transform PR

Highlights:
- You work for the Dash community, not the 5 Dash core members you met.
- You are required top operate at the same level of transparency that the rest of us are. When we submit a proposal, you bet your butt the community asks questions, and we have to answer, and meet expectations, or no funding.
- You weren't fired due to trolls, you were fired due to lack of alignment with what the Dash community is trying to achieve.
-You are a PR company, which is NOT a marketing company right?
-What are the key differences between what you do and what a marketing company such as http://www.clixosearch.com/ does?
-You should be submitting your own proposals, not the core team doing it for you. Alot more decentralization in that setup and thats our main goal in Dash is, decentralization.

My big ol rant:
1. With all due respect Mr. Terpin, please realise that you work for Dash - not the core team. So when the Dash community( shareholders and actual users/pioneers) wants to see some return on their investment and/or data on the LARGE amount of money invest (for us) you should be more than happy to oblige, as opposed to argue. I'm sure you have had plenty of clients in the past ask for this type of stuff, so it should take only a few hours to whip up.

2. You define yourself as a PR company, which is NOT a marketing company, correct? What role do you see yourself playing in the Dash community and why should we hire you as a force within the "Personal Relations" section of the Dash DAO? Do you believe we should be pursuing PR at this early of a stage? I mean Evolution is yet to be polished and/or finished, so technically aren't we still in need of investment into our core and support staff as opposed to the more long term style campaigns your company pursues?

3. I believe alot of people have been the victim of some miscommunication ,as the Dash community explicitly has the need for a MARKETING company, which you have previously pointed out, is not you. (Not being rude, just people need to pick who they want.) As most people don't understand PR & Marketing are completely different beasts altogether, so shouldn't we start off by stating what a PR firm such as yours actually plans to accomplish for our investment in your services. What we should expect from you? What type of metrics to look for? What type of factors to prove we are getting what we thought we needed?

4. Data should be easy to provide, and mind if I ask why you have yet to see the Dash analytics? I'm sure the team would have been proud to present them to you. After all, we do expect your full effort and involvement in our project, as the rest of us show this level of effort and integrity and we work for free. So lighten up, we want to see data. Not ruin your life.

5. To the Dash community, ask yourself what do we want, a marketing company, or a Pr company? (definitions & quotes about each here)

6. Congrats on finally realizing the value in a Masternode, I'm sure being of the holder group it may have taken some time to get there, I personally have been apart of the project for under 4 months and I can say, thanks for finally joining us! I've heard quite alot about you.

7. You should submit your proposals from here own out now that you have finally joined us, no sense in riding on Evans success and "clout" if you will. you seem to be a pretty knowledgeable Dash holder so im sure this won't be an issue for you!

8. Who made the agreement, what were the terms? As I said previously, this is the Dash community and we are the board oof directors, so what can't we know whats going on? Everytime the USA says, "just trust us" you know some shit is going down, but we can;t get a few numbers and/or details of this arrangement until everything hits the fan? And even then we get some pretty weak excuses for data and planning, ESPECIALLY for that amount of money. Maybe we just aren't reading for a company such as yours, you don't seem to have many startups in your profile and that is what Dash is. Dash is a startup crypto community that has built a stellar product and just needs help getting users/wallet downloads/dash buyers/ dash believers & Dash pioneers. With all due respect to what you do, we don't need personal relations. We do not have an image problem, we have an organization problem and we need to be spending our funds or organizing properly. Was the agreement for a PR campaign? Or was it a marketing campaign? As you know these are very different. PR is what you need after you just spilled toxic waste. Marketing is what you need to release a new product.

9 How this issue plays out will set a precedent for how we & future contractors treat & see this budget for a good while after this.... is this our "Corporate Dash Account" to help us attempt to get rich in the next couple years, or have we ACTUALLY hit the homerun of crypto and Bitcoin 2.0? If we ACTUALLY hit the home run like I believe we have, we do not need centralization in this system. We need to spend our funds on BUILDING the infrastructure of Dash and the Dash Grassroots movement. We need to spend the funds on smaller community based projects and incentivise the next wave of Dash dreamers and so on. We don't need a whole bunch of reporters who don't have time in their days to do the 4+ weeks of actual hard hitting research it takes to become a believer, as opposed to a holder or simply an onlooker. I spend every single day working on Dash related stuff and I have not made a penny doing it. So, I am fine with saying I provide a valuable service to this community, do you? Are you worth the money we are spending on your company or have both parties made a grave mistake of mistaken identity? Are we trying to hire the wrong company? Why are we hiring a company in the first place? 6k would buy you quite alot of media and social media coverage by itself just handing out the money, what proves you are doing us any better than that? I am very excited to hear your responses and I expect you to answer many of my questions and respond to most of this as some people will try and say "I" was the reason you got "fired". I disaree, i was just overly vocal and the community happened to agree. But I think I have identified many points as to why this has been a stressful event for all of us involved.

Thank you. I hope you take me seriously, and I apologize if I offended you at all, as some people here can freely tell me, I don't exactly have a way with words, But I have done Marketing, Web Design, Graphic Design, Small Business Development, Worked for a few Startups, Social Media (since it started) my whole life and would be happy to fluff up my story and spill it across the forums, but half the reason I am here explaining my points i because I hope you are as professional as you come across and can see some very valid points I have made for you. I honestly just think we are too young to be allocating the funds towards your campaigns, as theya re too expensive, too "slow" (not to be disrespectful), and to "centralized" for this early in a young fledlging cryptos lifetime, come back after we have built out some crazy new toys with the Dash technology and try again, but please don't try to ram this next 3 month deal down our throats like we don't know any better, you'll find we are a very different bunch than your previous crypto clients. We just LOVE our currency too dang much.

Just to be clear, I am not personally against Michael, I am just against the idea of throwing our budget funds at centralized companies in general, not to mention we are in no dire need of a PR company and the funds should be allocated to much more effective projects and not become a 3-5 proposal system. As the Dash value grows, we'll have more wiggle room for larger projects, but for now we should use it as it was intended, as a tool to create incentives for people to promote and build out Dash projects. Not satisfy short term investors with PR campaigns that may or may not cause a price pump.

And to top it all of, people like Amanda, Juan, the Masternode owners, The Core Team and many other people in this community actually put more effort & time into Dash than you may seem to understand, and they ask for nothing in return. And I can promise you they create value for Dash overall, so for the amount of money, what value is being created from it? What factors determine if it is/was/will ever be "worth" it for an idea as grand as Dash to be hiring PR companies in general? I believe in the product, so I don't believe we need a PR company. I think we need to build out better wallets, better newbie onboarding, better customer/user support and after all that is done we can buckle down on some marketing. IF we screw up along the way and launch a feature that backfires, then we might need a PR company to quickly spread the news for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
And to the entire Dash community:
http://www.business2community.com/m...whats-difference-01185248#VS01owoqAHBrTFFF.97

What do we need? What are our goals? Do they align with what a PR company does as opposed to a Marketing company? Because wed be better off hiring a marketing firm, we have a SOLID product, we just need to build out our support & marketing arms. We need a grassroots type setup that is efficient so we can steamroll this project with people, not expensive companies. We need to decentralize and use Dash as more than a currency, because it is much, much more than just a currency.

Also what phase do you think we are in?
business-development-lifecycle-1024x611.png

TheDashGuy i'm going to address both your posts in one. Re the second post, I believe Dash is clearly in the fourth phase of your graph: market entry. Re the lengthy first post (which I thank you for voicing all of your questions and concerns), PR is NOT just crisis communications after a disaster; it is a fundamental part of new product marketing. Virtually every major "product launch" (including every iPhone model) has had extensive product PR at its forefront, with a higher profile and budget than SEO (which is typically used later in the product life cycle when the value of a new customer can be determined, as well as which keywords they will respond to). Media relations (a subset of PR and the most relevant one here) is a combination of real-time market research, market validation, influencer marketing and leveraging the power of media to reach and influence the next set of buyers and users of Dash. The link to an SEO firm is a very different (but not superior) form of marketing. Marketing is the umbrella; PR is one of the key tools within that superset.

I'm happy to create my own post with our proposal. As a new DashTalk user, I'm not even allowed to submit links to websites yet, so it may take a day or two to prepare the new proposal in a method that answers most questions and concerns.

Michael

TheDashGuy - I have a kind request (with all the respect).
With your walls of text and ideas, please speak for yourself and not as "we - community". No one made you a tribune here to represent everyone.
Personally, I fundamentally disagree with many things you present, so please do make your opinions and as "I" and not as "we" - the community. Your input is valid and interesting but present it as your own opinion and do not speak in the name of the entire community.
I believe a lot of people have been the victim of some miscommunication from your side - please do not continue this. Thank you.

With your walls of text and ideas, please speak for yourself and not as "we - community". No one made you a tribune here to represent everyone.
Personally, I fundamentally disagree with many things you present, so please do make your opinions and as "I" and not as "we" - the community. Your input is valid and interesting but present it as your own opinion and do not speak in the name of the entire community.
I believe a lot of people have been the victim of some miscommunication from your side - please do not continue this. Thank you.
Thank you, I was having a difficult time articulating that very sentiment without saying things that might be insulting.

Kot, if you fundamentally disagree with particular points let's hear your reasoning. So far we haven't heard strong reasons why you and some of the core devs are backing Terpin. Most of the arguments were quite weak and so were the metrics. Why do you think we should continue on with Transform PR after such poor results when we could spend the money on either having Juan, Amanda represent us and/or buying Google/Reddit/Twitter ads. It's not like the marketing budget is big at this point. Money should be spend wisely and effectively. Transform PR has a history of underperformance. They have carved a cryptocurrency niche which they have fully exploited with less than impressive results and these December metrics are no exception. Transform PR advertises the Maidsafe crowdsale as a big success. Maidsafe regards it as a big fiasco, because Terpin's friend, David Johnston and Bit Angels associate used the opportunity to dump a huge amount of coins, suddenly becoming a big Maidsafe shareholder, leaving Maidsafe with a big hole in their pocket. So the biggest achivement Transform PR advertises was actually a fiasco. Paige, the Maidsafe evangelist was quite vocal about it on Twitter not long ago.

Initially you didn't even want to release the Transform PR metrics, saying it will feed trolls and scammers. You were basically arguing against transparency on such an important issue. Those were your exact words which were quite inflammatory at the time. I'll go on a hunch and say it was because I've pushed for it to happen that they were finally released by Evan, which was a very good move by the way.

I think it's quite apparent many people here do not understand the difference between PR vs Marketing, and the vast implications of either/or :what:

Maybe some cartoons might help.

Thank you, I was having a difficult time articulating that very sentiment without saying things that might be insulting.

Same here, and aggree with you Kot :)

I think it's quite apparent many people here do not understand the difference between PR vs Marketing, and the vast implications of either/or :what:

Maybe some cartoons might help.

So you are Yael Lotan, right?

It's a known fact Transform PR works with lots of Israeli based companies/individuals. They did the same with Maidsafe. Hired a cheerleader based there, deceiving people into thinking he was a real Maidsafe supporter blogger. Very shady tactics if you ask me. Tactics that backfired eventually.

All the readers here should be aware most of the pro Transform PR commentators here are/were directly involved in this Transform PR project and are a little biased. Please keep that in mind.

Can we get a list of community members in support of and not in support of thedashguy posts? Your only response to that entire post was, "you posted wrong do it right."

Give me a break. I support everything thedashguy said in his post. You guys wanna drive a wedge between two groups be my guest. It's un productive.

We are not all ass kissers. If you don't like the hot questions or comments step out of the stew.

InTheWoods whaaat on earth are you on about? I just grabbed the first 2 youtubes I found with cartoons in it. I'm Portuguese and perfectly doxed in case you hadn't noticed.

I have never encountered Michael in my life, what on earth are you trying to imply here? I'm not biased, but I am very well entitled to assess character by demeanour. Biased towards what?

Please behave like adults. Michael is here to answer any questions. Don't falsely accuse. Present avidence and ask for his comment. Anything else is pure slander!

And don't be rude, what the hell is this, kindergarten?

yidakee

Relax. It was a question not a statement. Judging by your reaction I'd say you need to behave like an adult. You seem to have low impulse control.

TheDashGuy, choice of words can make you post come across more antagonistic than constructive; for example:

"you should be more than happy to oblige, as opposed to argue"
"So lighten up, we want to see data. Not ruin your life."
"people in this community actually put more effort & time into Dash than you may seem to understand,"

TheDashGuy, choice of words can make you post come across more antagonistic than constructive; for example:

"you should be more than happy to oblige, as opposed to argue"
"So lighten up, we want to see data. Not ruin your life."
"people in this community actually put more effort & time into Dash than you may seem to understand,"

Let's not make this about TheDashGuy He is autistic. Said so himself so let's try be a bit understanding here when it comes to the way he communicates. I've told him several times to try and keep it brief and express thoughts in a more clear way instead of emotional walls of text, if he wants to get his message across.

This is not about TheDashGuy. Let's not turn this into a how Dashguy should behave thread. Can we get back to discussing specifics?

yidakee

Relax. It was a question not a statement. Judging by your reaction I'd say you need to behave like an adult. You seem to have low impulse control.

Not at all. You're passing judgement once again. You guys seem to be trying to stir up things again, instead of taking the opportunity to confront the issues you accuse Michael of in a proper and professional way. Oh wait? You're not professionals, just forum community members, I understand that. Still, perfectly welcome to explore the issues. But please act accordingly in the way you communicate.

What we are trying to achieve here is to conduct business, or work, where that type of language syntax is uncalled for.

I am 100% for presenting incriminatory evidence about Michael Terpin's past action. I have no clue who he is. But if you want to be taken seriously, act and write in a serious fashion. Stop slandering, stop derailing in innuendo. Present factual evidence, or actual here say links, or maybe some story you were told... and ask for an official answer.

Any other thread is a different story, but please keep this one civil.

yidakee

I actually did that in some of my first posts in this thread but Michael and others ignored those points. People like to talk generalities instead of specifics for some reason.

InTheWoods - I do not agree. Be polite about it, be neutral in the choice of words, ask concrete short questions, and I'm sure he'll respond.

If not, then I see a problem. I certainly would also not answer some questions in the way they were posed.

Let's not make this about TheDashGuy He is autistic. Said so himself so let's try be a bit understanding here when it comes to the way he communicates. I've told him several times to try and keep it brief and express thoughts in a more clear way instead of emotional walls of text, if he wants to get his message across.

This is not about TheDashGuy. Let's not turn this into a how Dashguy should behave thread. Can we get back to discussing specifics?

I understand...

InTheWoods - I do not agree. Be polite about it, be neutral in the choice of words, ask concrete short questions, and I'm sure he'll respond.

If not, then I see a problem. I certainly would also not answer some questions in the way they were posed.

You need to be more polite here and not call people names like childish or immature. Mkay? Why say I falsely accuse? Did you even bother to read what Tungfa had to say about Terpin. I believe I've copy pasted his exact words in an earlier post. What I've said is factual and can be easily verified.

What's wrong with this point Michael chose to ignore? https://dashtalk.org/threads/budget-system-v2-transform-pr.7991/page-8#post-84820

InTheWoods - You are playing very weak tactics here dude. Michael is speaking in GENERAL terms, while you picked ONE specific case that contradicts his words. That is not fact at all.

It doesn't work like that. Outside of newtonian physics, once exception does not contradict the rule!

I did not call anyone names, I said it in general. Whoever feels offended wears that hat.

You are twisting tungfa's words. He apologised for the fact that it became true to him from his own trusted source that Michael does have a bad rep in certain circles. And he apologised for the fact he did not believe what he was told directly by people here. Nothing more! And what credibility do those circles have? I have no clue, but none to me, as I don't know what these "circles" are, who the sources are, what happened, and mainly, the other side of the story.

Could you please stop this?

Ask hard questions if you must. Be concrete, direct, neutral, tough, post links, post evidence, post direct incriminatory here-say, what ever you will, but once again, if you want to be taken serious and get answers, act accordingly.

What you are doing is quite the opposite, and what we'll get from this thread is zero.
Want to expose Michael, great! Do It !
But do it the proper way, not the troll way. And I did NOT call you troll, or imply your are one! Just asking not to use troll-like tactics

Be objective and precise, don't twist words. Go direct to the point. Don't use defamatory language or slander. That way, there is no chance on earth anyone can accuse you of anything, and we can get to the bottom of this!

Could we at least try, please?

Back