• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Attention Dash Masternode Owners: Please register with the Deterministic Masternode List now

Status
Not open for further replies.

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
NpdYMuz.jpg

Dash Community,

We are pleased to share that DIP3 (Deterministic Masternode List) has activated. We are asking masternode owners to please begin registering with the Deterministic Masternode List as soon as possible in order to accelerate the activation of sporks 15 and 16 and prevent any delay in the launch of our next release, Dash Core v0.14.

Instructions on how to register can be found here. Masternodes who register will continue to receive payments as scheduled, so there is no need to wait to register. It is critical that masternodes register as soon as possible, as those who have not registered by the time spork 15 (Deterministic Masternode List) is activated will not receive payments.

Spork 15 Activation Criteria
Because spork 15 will reset proposal votes, we must time the activation with the beginning of the voting cycle to minimize the impact to the governance system. If the network does not meet the below activation criteria by March 8, the team will hold off activating it until the next voting cycle begins in early April.

To enable a fair process that allows for sufficient time to register while minimizing delays, the team plans to activate spork 15 based on a formula that takes into account both the total percentage of masternodes already registered, as well as the pace at which masternodes are registering (specifically, the percentage who have registered in the last 24 hours).

The total percentage of masternodes registered must be greater than 50% for us to consider activating. Once we reach 80%, we will automatically activate without regard to the percentage registered within the last 24 hours.

Below is a table displaying the thresholds at which we would activate spork 15. For example, if 60% of masternodes have registered total, and 1.25% or less have registered in the last 24 hours, we will activate. Similarly, if in the last 24 hours we saw 2.5% or less register, we will activate so long as at least 70% total have registered.

k3m6o25.png

Spork 16 - Automatic InstantSend

Spork 16 is the final milestone in the deployment of Dash Core v0.13. After Spork 15 is activated, we will monitor the network for a short period of time to ensure general stability before activating Spork 16. Spork 16 will activate Automatic InstantSend, making 90%+ of the transactions on our network instant by default at no extra cost. We are eager to offer this functionality to users as soon as possible, which is another reason we are working towards a speedy activation of the Deterministic Masternode List. We are also excited to wrap up the rollout of Dash Core v0.13 so we can focus fully on our next release, Dash Core v0.14.

Etgk7zc.jpg

Summary:
- Please register your masternode now, following the guides below
- You can do it now, there is no need to wait for masternode payment
- You have 7 days to register
- Please make sure you are using the latest version of DMT 0.9.22
https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/releases/tag/v0.9.22

https://docs.dash.org/DIP3-masternode-changes <-- bullet list of changes and new concepts in DIP3
https://docs.dash.org/DIP3-masternode-upgrade <-- guide to upgrade an existing mn without moving collateral
https://docs.dash.org/DIP3-masternode-setup <-- guide to set up a new mn from scratch
https://docs.dash.org/DIP3-upgrade <-- upgrade status and guide for partners
https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/masternodes/dip3-upgrade.html#dmt-dip3-upgrade ← Masternode Registration from DMT
https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/masternodes/dip3-upgrade.html#dashcore-dip3-upgrade ← Masternode Registration from Dash Core

Reminder:
if you only register your MN - NO start is needed !!

Last edited:
Is it possible to fetch a list of deterministic masternodes (with a total number) through dash-cli command ?

Is it possible to fetch a list of deterministic masternodes (with a total number) through dash-cli command ?

Number of registered nodes:
Code:
$ dash-cli protx list|head -n -1|tail -n +2|wc -l

List of IPs registered:
Code:
$ for n in `dash-cli protx list|head -n -1|tail -n +2` ; do n=${n//\"/} ; dash-cli protx info  ${n//,} ; done | grep service|sort

eL9QLGu.jpg

Data :

549 DIP3 masternodes
4459 masternodes on latest protocol - 549 DIP3 masternodes = 3910 masternodes

Note : i could not get the list of IPs registered code from flare to work, so i took data from Dashninja.pl
(the code for number of registered nodes / DIP3 masternodes works fine)

Last edited:
What issue are you running into?

Does
Code:
$ for n in `dash-cli protx list|head -n -1|tail -n +2` ; do echo $n ; done

Work for you?

i need to put ./dash-cli before it correct ? which means ./dash-cli for n in `dash-cli protx list|head -n -1|tail -n +2` ; do echo $n ; done
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `do'

i need to put ./dash-cli before it correct ? which means ./dash-cli for n in `dash-cli protx list|head -n -1|tail -n +2` ; do echo $n ; done
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `do'
Ya, that may be it. dash-cli is in my path, so you may need to add ./ in front of the calls

Try

Code:
for n in `./dash-cli protx list|head -n -1|tail -n +2` ; do n=${n//\"/} ; ./dash-cli protx info  ${n//,} ; done | grep service|sort

assuming that dash-cli is in your current directory.

Ya, that may be it. dash-cli is in my path, so you may add ./ in front of the calls

Try

Code:
for n in `./dash-cli protx list|head -n -1|tail -n +2` ; do n=${n//\"/} ; ./dash-cli protx info  ${n//,} ; done | grep service|sort

assuming that dash-cli is in your current directory.

That works, thanks.

Last edited:
Lets say that at some point i want to update my deterministic masternode (maybe i want to change my payout address in the future), which means that the ProUpRegTx command will come in play .. so i have been reading up about this command in the
maintenance section (https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/masternodes/maintenance.html)

LCGmAYy.jpg

• proTxHash: The transaction id of the initial ProRegTx

I assume someone (with bad intentions) can not simply look up a random ProRegTx transaction id on our blockchain and use it to update the masternode associated with it ? (put in his own payout address)
Because all i see thats needed for a ProUpRegTx command to succeed is :

• proTxHash: The transaction id of the initial ProRegTx
  • operatorKeyAddr: An updated BLS public key, or 0 to use the last on-chain operator key
  • votingKeyAddr: An updated voting key address, or 0 to use the last on-chain operator key
  • payoutAddress: An updated Dash address for owner payments, or 0 to use the last on-chain operator key
  • feeSourceAddress (optional): An address used to fund ProTx fee. PayoutAddress will be used if not specified.

Are there checks to the collateral wallet to prevent above from happening ? Or can the transaction id of the initial ProRegTx only be found in our own collateral wallet and is it private information ?
I feel like i'm missing something here about how this ProUpRegTx command exactly works.

Last edited:
Are there checks to the collateral wallet to prevent above from happening ? Or can the transaction id of the initial ProRegTx only be found in our own collateral wallet and is it private information ?
I feel like i'm missing something here about how this ProUpRegTx command exactly works.

It has to be signed w/the owner key, as stated in the DIP:

https://github.com/dashpay/dips/blob/master/dip-0003.md#updating-registrar-of-masternode-proupregtx

To registrar update a masternode, the masternode owner must submit another special transaction (DIP2) to the network. This special transaction is called a Provider Update Registrar Transaction and is abbreviated as ProUpRegTx. It can only be done by the owner.

And see the payloadSig field description:

Signature of the hash of the ProTx fields. Signed by the Owner.

Last week Ryan tweeted:
The sooner you register after DIP3 activates the higher up the payment queue you’ll be when the network switches to the deterministic masternode list. I.e., it will pay to be prompt!

How does that work if the activation of Spork 15 is timed based on the voting cycle? Wouldn't it be kind of random who happens to be at the front of the queue at the time the voting cycle starts? Or does the activation of Spork 15 automatically reset the queue into registration order?

When trying to register we came across the following error message, which does not tell what's exactly wrong:

Code:
bad-protx-key-not-same (code 16) (code -1)

But the sources reveal the following:

Code:
        if (!deterministicMNManager->IsDeterministicMNsSporkActive(pindexPrev->nHeight)) {
            if (dmn->pdmnState->keyIDOwner != ptx.keyIDVoting) {
                return state.DoS(10, false, REJECT_INVALID, "bad-protx-key-not-same");
            }
        }

So if you come across this error, be sure that the OWNER address matches the VOTING address, as long as Spork15 is NOT active.
You could really mention that within the docs. Took us some time to figure out what's wrong with our transaction. //Edit: I'm stupid. It's mentioned withing the docs :)

Last edited:
Last week Ryan tweeted:

How does that work if the activation of Spork 15 is timed based on the voting cycle? Wouldn't it be kind of random who happens to be at the front of the queue at the time the voting cycle starts? Or does the activation of Spork 15 automatically reset the queue into registration order?

Hey there, @masternube. You are correct, it is basically random who gets paid first. Spork 15 does not automatically reset the queue into the order in which masternodes registered. Sorry for the confusion.

Hey there, @masternube. You are correct, it is basically random who gets paid first. Spork 15 does not automatically reset the queue into the order in which masternodes registered. Sorry for the confusion.

So Ryan was saying nonsense and nobody who understood told him to remove his tweet? And he got us all stressing and scrambling to register ASAP for no reason?

I woke up very early and bothered my operator to give me the BLS key in time for nothing?

Edit: In any case, thanks for the quick and honest reply! But quite disappointing.

@masternube I hear you. So sorry for the confusion. We do want folks to register and get their spot on the deterministic masternode list sooner rather than later to ensure readiness for the spork 15 activation, but I realize the messaging wasn't clear around this. We will try to do better.

So will we lose our place in queue doing this? seems I lost mine. :( Also can't tell if my MN is running at all now lol.

does everything look normal?

eeb70071ad.png

So will we lose our place in queue doing this? seems I lost mine. :(

@murkey No, you should not lose your place in the queue by registering. You should continue to receive payments as scheduled based on the current ("old") queue. The "new" queue (based on the DML, post spork 15 activation) is simultaneously cycling through in parallel and simulating payouts, but will not actually become "the" queue (e.g. that actually enforces the payments) until spork 15 is activated. Let me know if that makes sense. :)

Regardless I will ask one of my more technical colleagues to review your screenshot to ensure everything is in order.

Thank you.

I am actually getting another error now ( haven't change anything since earlier screenshot)

I might have messed up by clicking "Start masternode using hardware wallet" on DMT. after registering my Deterministic masternode with "automatic update".

b953307cd0.png

I might have messed up by clicking "Start masternode using hardware wallet" on DMT. after registering my Deterministic masternode with "automatic update".

If you sent out an MNB (e.g. a "masternode start" message using your HW wallet), then this will have reset your place in the current queue.

It looks from this screenshot that your dashd isn't running, however, I can't say for sure as I am not familiar with this tool. This looks like it might be dashman, which is community developed and supported, but I don't have experience using it, so can't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back