• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

ASIC mining ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald10965

Been GPU and CPU mining, looking into an ASIC. ( Antminer S9 pro perhaps ). I am extremely bullish on bitcoin and believe it will be $ 200,000 + in five years and believe $ 10,000 investment should be paid off in 1 ½ years based on .000058 daily mining at $60K bitcoin.

1. How many years do these miners usually last ?
2. Will the Taproot upgrade make an ASIC like this obsolete or inefficient ?
3. I should have mined .5 bitcoin by 04/18/24 ( Next bitcoin halving ). Can I assume my daily .00058 BTC will diminish to .00029 BTC for the following 4 years ?
4. Will this type of miner be obsolete after the next halving on 04/18/24 ?
5. If Bitcoin reaches 100K-200K and I can mine a BTC in 5-6 years, isn't a $10K investment and $12K in electricity a no brainer investment ?

Thanks,
Ronald

Been GPU and CPU mining, looking into an ASIC. ( Antminer S9 pro perhaps ). I am extremely bullish on bitcoin and believe it will be $ 200,000 + in five years and believe $ 10,000 investment should be paid off in 1 ½ years based on .000058 daily mining at $60K bitcoin.

1. How many years do these miners usually last ?
2. Will the Taproot upgrade make an ASIC like this obsolete or inefficient ?
3. I should have mined .5 bitcoin by 04/18/24 ( Next bitcoin halving ). Can I assume my daily .00058 BTC will diminish to .00029 BTC for the following 4 years ?
4. Will this type of miner be obsolete after the next halving on 04/18/24 ?
5. If Bitcoin reaches 100K-200K and I can mine a BTC in 5-6 years, isn't a $10K investment and $12K in electricity a no brainer investment ?

Thanks,
Ronald

Dash is X11 Algo. You would need an Antminer D7 for that, I believe.

I read one article that bitcoin is overrated and it is not a good investment to mining it. You will lose money or am I'm wrong?
Bitcoin is one of the few coins that can only go up in value as it become more scarce due to limited numbers of coins. This is provided the politicians and bcentral bankers don't regulate into the abyss.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back