• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Are there payment processors that actually work?

ericools

I am attempting to create an environment in my home state where consumers can actually use Dash for retail purchases. There are a lot of people interested in doing it. There are a lot of business interested in accepting it. Seems like it should be pretty easy to make progress.

The problem though is we don't actually have a way to implement this. There doesn't appear to be a single payment processor that has currently working USD settlement via ACH other than Bitpay. Surely with all the funding available to us this is a problem that we can solve. There has to be a bank out there somewhere that we could buy interest in or make a deal with to provide ACH service to operations like GoCoin so that we can actually setup merchants that don't want to handle Dash themselves.

I have business and charities that want to accept crypto that want me to meet with them and tell them how to do it. Right now the best I can offer is use Bitpay to accept the 2 coins they support, but only from people who have a wallet compatible with the address format they support, or to tell them to make an Uphold account and manually exchange the coins creating extra work for the accepting business as they then are responsible for reporting any capital gains / losses on it.

There has to be a better way, and as we are the coin that is focused on this market specifically it seems to me it's the most important problem we need to solve. How can I help solve it? I don't know how to make a bank. I can't get any bank in my state to work with me. I could vote for a proposal if there was one. I would invest in such a venture if there was one.

I am attempting to create an environment in my home state where consumers can actually use Dash for retail purchases. There are a lot of people interested in doing it. There are a lot of business interested in accepting it. Seems like it should be pretty easy to make progress.

The problem though is we don't actually have a way to implement this. There doesn't appear to be a single payment processor that has currently working USD settlement via ACH other than Bitpay. Surely with all the funding available to us this is a problem that we can solve. There has to be a bank out there somewhere that we could buy interest in or make a deal with to provide ACH service to operations like GoCoin so that we can actually setup merchants that don't want to handle Dash themselves.

I have business and charities that want to accept crypto that want me to meet with them and tell them how to do it. Right now the best I can offer is use Bitpay to accept the 2 coins they support, but only from people who have a wallet compatible with the address format they support, or to tell them to make an Uphold account and manually exchange the coins creating extra work for the accepting business as they then are responsible for reporting any capital gains / losses on it.

There has to be a better way, and as we are the coin that is focused on this market specifically it seems to me it's the most important problem we need to solve. How can I help solve it? I don't know how to make a bank. I can't get any bank in my state to work with me. I could vote for a proposal if there was one. I would invest in such a venture if there was one.

Thanks for info. I've been working on this.

If anyone can do this with a 'bank', you can!
Try?: "The Bank of North Dakota (BND) is a state-owned-run financial institution, based in Bismarck, North Dakota. It is the only state-owned facility of its type in the United States other than the Puerto Rico Government Development Bank."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_of_North_Dakota

Please keep me posted. :) I'll be in touch.

Thanks.

Thanks for info. I've been working on this.

If anyone can do this with a 'bank', you can!
Try?: "The Bank of North Dakota (BND) is a state-owned-run financial institution, based in Bismarck, North Dakota. It is the only state-owned facility of its type in the United States other than the Puerto Rico Government Development Bank."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_of_North_Dakota

Please keep me posted. :) I'll be in touch.

Thanks.

I have been trying to find one I can get to open an account for an ATM business here. Every bank I have approached has turned me down, including BND. Sadly our state is not very forward thinking. We have some favorable state reps, but getting our state government to make proper use of 2000 era computer tech would be a feat much less supporting crypto. Even had my lawyer talk to a bank he works with on my behalf and he was also immediately shot down as soon as crypto was mentioned. A few banks gave us meetings, some of the meetings even went really well but in those cases someone higher up always put a stop to it. In a few cases I was able to speak directly to an owner / president, but none were willing to take us on as a customer. A few reacted in almost panicked manner at the idea.

I am still trying to find a way to work around this, but there are a limited number of possibilities here.

I have been trying to find one I can get to open an account for an ATM business here. Every bank I have approached has turned me down, including BND. Sadly our state is not very forward thinking. We have some favorable state reps, but getting our state government to make proper use of 2000 era computer tech would be a feat much less supporting crypto. Even had my lawyer talk to a bank he works with on my behalf and he was also immediately shot down as soon as crypto was mentioned. A few banks gave us meetings, some of the meetings even went really well but in those cases someone higher up always put a stop to it. In a few cases I was able to speak directly to an owner / president, but none were willing to take us on as a customer. A few reacted in almost panicked manner at the idea.

I am still trying to find a way to work around this, but there are a limited number of possibilities here.

Thanks for the update. I need to research 2 things and get back to you.

Is anypay suitable? I don't really know much about POS but have heard good things about them and they have a proposal live at the moment https://www.dashcentral.org/p/ANYPAY_JUNE_2018

Looks a bit shoe string to me. Nothing against helping them develop it. There is no USD settlement however, and just collecting crypto equal to a given dollar amount honestly isn't that impressive, and doesn't solve the problem most merchants need solved.

I believe coinpayments.net supports Dash and offers fiat settlement. From their front page:
Fiat Settlements
United States and Euro merchants now have fiat settlements directly to their bank accounts.

Let me know if you try this, I'm curious how it works out...

Back