• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

April 2016 - Dash Core Team Monthly Report

kot

Masternode Owner/Operator
Dear Community Members,

It is my pleasure to give you a next report of the Dash core team progress. Below, you will find the report covering activities performed through the end of April, grouped by the four strategic areas of focus for 2016.

1. Software Development
    1. Dash core wallet - version 12.x (lead developer: Evan Duffield)
      1. Work on sentinels is in progress. Main objects are done
      2. Next step: interfacing them with dashd
      3. in May there should be a testnet release available
    2. Dash Evolution Web Wallet(lead developer: Andy Freer)
      1. Web-wallet: Completed client SPA framework with Backbone & Marionette
      2. SPV: Completed integration of various SPV frameworks for Web SPV wallet functions
    3. Dash wallet for Android - updated features (lead developer: HashEngineering)
      1. @HashEngineering and @tomasz.ludek are working together on functional and graphical improvements
      2. More testing on the app is needed to see if any of the UI changes caused any trouble or are missing any pieces
      3. Next steps are modifications to the code to allow the user to select the amount of "confidence" they want in InstantX transaction Lock votes. The first level will be disable IX. The second level will be to trust that incoming IX Concensus Votes were verified by the test of the DASH Network. The third level will maintain the masternode list and it will verify that consensus votes are from existing and valid masternodes (the votes are signed).
      4. After these two things are done (testing for UI, confidence), then there will be a final beta testing. Then a release on Google Play.
    4. Dash iPhone Wallet (lead developer: @QuantumExplorer )
      1. @salmion is doing graphical re-design of the wallet
      2. The foundation name has been changed and after it is published officially, we are going for re-approval on Apple Store (we will follow Coinomi path)
      3. Quantum Explorer and Fernando Gutierrez are working on the Apple Store issue together
    5. Electrum-Dash wallet development (PM: Robert Wiecko; external vendor: Mazaclub)
      1. Project charter for Release 3 (masternode operations) approved by the vendor: Electrum-Dash R3 Project Charter
      2. Masternode Integration proposal is up: https://www.dashwhale.org/p/electrum-trezor1
      3. Work started and very advanced (first testnet version will be available in May)
      4. Detailed status report: Status reports
    6. Lamassu integration (external vendor: Deginner)
      1. First demo was made and available at the beginnig of the month
      2. Vendor works on automated installation script
    7. Armory wallet (lead developer: moocowmoo)
      1. Work suspended due to the moocowmoo engagement to the work on a new forum
  2. Business Development
    1. Fiat Gateways project
      1. Lamassu ATM initial working implementation completed.
      2. Adapting Lamassu new unreleased database structure and configuration method to the Dash integration.
      3. Dash market making has been automated for the following exchanges: Poloniex, Exmo, Btc-e.
      4. In test market markers are currently contributing 5-10% of the global daily volume of trade on DASH/BTC and DASH/USD pairs.
      5. Dash Shared Wallet plugin completed, will provide Dash hot wallet service via API.
      6. Broker service with USD instant conversion through CryptoCapital close to completion. (ETA 2 weeks.)
      7. DeShifty instant conversion button (a la Shapeshift) ready to plugin to the broker back-end.
      8. Node40 has volunteered to be one of the first public facing services to test FIAT integration through the broker.
      9. more info: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/fiat-gateways-project-status-update.8901/
    2. Integration with Exodus sucesfully completed!
      1. More details available here: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-now-on-exodus-wallet-–-announcement.8732/
    3. Work on ProtonMail integration in progress
    4. Shake debit card integration (led by Ryan Taylor)
      1. Testing cards released and feedback gathered - no major issues identified,
      2. @HashEngineering is involved to help with the project
  3. Marketing and Communication
    1. Cooperation with 8BTC
      1. The team finally received a quote for the next year (3.33 BTC / month). First months will be funded from the remaining budget, after it is consumed, new proposal will be sent
      2. other china stuff is currently still being funded from marketing budget
      3. tungfa will work with Ryan Taylor to create and submit a proposal to work with small promotional projects on Chinese market
      4. Alexy is in charge of "China operations"
    2. New forum
      1. New look&feel created
      2. New domain prepared, redirections from different domains created
      3. Improved security model
      4. SEO suggestions incorporated
      5. Old forum data migrated and tested
      6. forum launched: https://www.dash.org/forum/
      7. Work on improvements in progress
    3. New website design
      1. Work on the website structure in progress. Andy Freer prepared mockups: http://demo.dash.org/v2/
      2. Work on the design proposal launched. @TheDashGuy is working on the task.
  4. Project Organization
    1. Proposal of the Dash Project Management Framework submitted for discussion: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/project-management-framework-proposition.8693/
Thank you for all team members for their efforts and commitment!

Original text is available here: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/editpage.action?pageId=43778133

Last edited:
Hi, what happened to the decentralised API implementation? Can't identify it in this report, is it part of sentinel implementation or was cancelled?
thanks

1. Dash market making has been automated for the following exchanges: Poloniex, Exmo, Btc-e.
  2. In test market markers are currently contributing 5-10% of the global daily volume of trade on DASH/BTC and DASH/USD pairs.
Sorry if this is outside the scope, but I've never understood what the market making bots do? How do they help? Do they buy Dash and then try to sell it at a profit? If not, how do they keep from losing money? Where does the capital come from?

Sorry if this is outside the scope, but I've never understood what the market making bots do? How do they help? Do they buy Dash and then try to sell it at a profit? If not, how do they keep from losing money? Where does the capital come from?

I played with trade bots a little and quite frankly I'm scared of them lool ..

Basically, you can program them to execute orders based on specific triggers you put in place - RSI, MACD, histogram data, SMA vs EMA crossing patterns, DSMA, essentially any oscillator or price variable indicator ... there is an infinity of metrics you can apply. These are often called strategies, and can go from simple SMA's to extremely complex mathematical models.

Bots live either on a VPS of yours, or on an online platform. Either free strategies or payed, some quite expensive. You feed the bot the your personal exchange API so it has access to your order book. It then does what you want it to do.

The good thing about bots is that they trade without emotions. The bad thing about bots is they don't feel rotten if they interpret the signals wrong and sell-off all your holdings.

That's it in a nutshell.

Last edited:

I disagree with the concept of a market-making bot.
This is artificial BS.

DASH can show value through true value in use. And through utility.

There is no need to pump the price.

It shall appreciate as the public becomes aware of it's real value.

Build a good product. They will come.

Best
rc

David, nothing against you... I do NOT like HFT Bots at all... Not even if everyone had one and all had direct access to be a front runner !

I disagree with the concept of a market-making bot.
This is artificial BS.

DASH can show value through true value in use. And through utility.

There is no need to pump the price.

It shall appreciate as the public becomes aware of it's real value.

Build a good product. They will come.

Best
rc

David, nothing against you... I do NOT like HFT Bots at all... Not even if everyone had one and all had direct access to be a front runner !

I was just asking for information...I didn't say I was for them or against them!

Wouldn't a market-making bot do equal amounts of buying and selling...which would result in *not* pumping the price? I don't understand how it works, which is why I was asking =)

Cheers!

I was just asking for information...I didn't say I was for them or against them!

Wouldn't a market-making bot do equal amounts of buying and selling...which would result in *not* pumping the price? I don't understand how it works, which is why I was asking =)

Cheers!

No worries, mate !

I am Newbie. Only a small amount of investigating them, to date.
Fascinating technology... algorythms... Until I ran up against them in real life, when attempting to speculate in the crypto marketplace.

HFT Bots FAR exceed the capability of any manual trader. Especially when they are given special access... Pls review 'the Flash Boys' by Michael Lewis.
...there's Ytoob documentaries on the topic, too.

Brad Katsayuma with IEX has taken steps to level the playing field against front-runners.
It's all interesting.

Best
rc

No worries, mate !

I am Newbie. Only a small amount of investigating them, to date.
Fascinating technology... algorythms... Until I ran up against them in real life, when attempting to speculate in the crypto marketplace.

HFT Bots FAR exceed the capability of any manual trader. Especially when they are given special access... Pls review 'the Flash Boys' by Michael Lewis.
...there's Ytoob documentaries on the topic, too.

Brad Katsayuma with IEX has taken steps to level the playing field against front-runners.
It's all interesting.

Best
rc

Flash Boys is an excellent book, I agree!

Back