• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

An Open Letter From Evan and Ryan Regarding Dash Marketing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think releasing an even bigger pile of free-money-for-nothing to the autistic drunks that are the MNOs, would be just about the only way to make an even bigger mistake than is already being made.
Ha ha..

I guess you're counting yourself amongst this number Camosoul?

Last edited:
Ryan I agree also that looking at Dash as an investment is not where to focus. It probably will be mistaken as such given natural scarcity and Gresham's law. But this has happed all through out history. I don't know how you could hide its nature when the flames of central Banking miss management become apparent. The sound Currensy and assets will be held.

Accessibility.

I live in rural Missouri. I have to drive 300 miles plus round trip to buy bitcion to exchange into Dash. My Geographic situation maybe unique or it may not. Accessibility could be as important as an excellent marketing strategy.

Ryan I agree also that looking at Dash as an investment is not where to focus. It probably will be mistaken as such given natural scarcity and Gresham's law. But this has happed all through out history. I don't know how you could hide its nature when the flames of central Banking miss management become apparent. The sound Currensy and assets will be held.

Accessibility.

I live in rural Missouri. I have to drive 300 miles plus round trip to buy bitcion to exchange into Dash. My Geographic situation maybe unique or it may not. Accessibility could be as important as an excellent marketing strategy.

Easy fiat gateways are a critical part to mass adoption. I don't know what that solution looks like, but it has to happen.

Ground game and dealing with limits. My background in study of history of currencys. Have brought to light how to look at the different qualities of money.

1 unit of account (UOA)
2 stores of value (SOV)
3 medium of exchange (MOE)

Historically gold and silver has held monitary qualities. To day how ever the MOE part is lacking for the metals doable but not simple. Fiat national money has MOE and UOA but the store of value is built out of it though credit instruments like fractional reserve lending. Pay pal and credit cards have stronger MOE they are more of a debt instruments but valuable as MOE. Which brings Dash to the table divisibility UOA MOE I'm going to question its SOV time will tell better than myself. But it's quality isn't infinitely inflatable. Good enough in my book because it does things metals can't do. Once one understands the benefits benefits it's hard for me to imagine anyone not wanting it. Save folks who profit wildly from the fiat system we have of now.

So won of the great things about Dash is it isn't infinitely inflatable. One of the problems is the very same thing. In a world of leveraged currency it presents a better option for many than there oun bank account. I have never been a part of a Hyper-inflationary event But I have read about it. It is to complex of a problem to call. As a metal investor confiscation has been in our history as with banking rule changes in crisis. Which it another Boone for Dash banks may have a holiday and shut there doors but unless every computer and phone is shut down it still should work.

Great I'm in where do I get some?

Ok access... Ground game once I have it it's easy. But getting is hard. I have had nightmares after nightmare trying to buy digital currency. Traveling hundreds of miles to dealing with copy and paste bots on support websites. If I didn't see the value in It I wouldn't have put up with this BS. Person to person has been my best experience. Second best has been through wall of coins. Still have to drive 120 mile but better than 300 miles. I live in a small town of 2000 people good local businesses. I see Dashes value it acts as an investment vehicle for myself but I look at nearly everything as an investment vehicle and the more the better. From cash to digital cash to gold real estate you name it. I want to get the best use out of it. For my town to adopt such a currency along with governments fiat there has to be something more useful that they see. Be your own bank great I'm in. Money good any where any time in the world. That's the potential. My problem is accessibility it's great but how do get it easy. For me a personal touch is also important. But how do I get it? I can't easily answer that question yet. I want to solve that problem. With local person to person exchanges I know that there are many that already do it online. I want the Luddites buying Dash. If they did They would buy Dash with their own cash from someone they knew or trusted.

Ground level accessibility person to person. Here is my problem I know currency history. Governments subsidize industry and give legal protection to those that pay them the most. A person is the easiest to lean on with the law. So people are made examples of. The online exchanges that I have delt with have had third party after third party handling different aspects of the exchange. From identity verification to payment processing and escrow. It reminds me of good legal asset protection for real estate business. Legal Entity within entity with an entity. It makes it a mess to litigate. economic incentive greener pastures elsewhere.

Dash has the ability to compete with banking deposits there for reduced leverage and fractional reserve lending. Banks will lean on the little guy. Especially anyone facilitating exchange between person to person. I want to build a repeatable entity structure that can ad protection to the little guy. I thought I would send out a feeler to this forum. Do you see value hear? Please let me know what could be better? Does the master node holders see value in multiple levels of legal do diligence. I would pool locally among the businesses I have relationships with. To save for a rainy day. It would be a Boone for adoption in my view that the soft targets as in (people) are a value assets to the core of the DAO of Dash.

I see the litigious aspect of a ground game as the weakest point.

Sam Miller

You lack direct experience therefore. Still, very interesting...
I'm bad at a lot of things.

It's only natural to be bad at things with which I've sought no experience...

I'm bad at being an alcoholic.
I'm bad at being hopelessly addicted to heroin.
I'm bad at buying high and selling low.
I'm bad at putting up with bullshit.
I'm bad at shooting myself in the face.
I'm bad at flapping my arms, jumping off the roof, and flying away.
I'm bad at jumping into a pool full of double-edged razor blades.
I'm bad at relating to losers.
I'm bad at being a loser.
I'm bad at having pity on people who bring obvious problems upon themselves.
I'm bad at handing out participation trophies.

Man, I suck at everything!

Most of the things I suck at, I suck at quite deliberately.

That seems to be the message of the OP... "Lets not be good at being terrible."

I'm perfectly happy to see DASH suck at ponzi marketing. It's a virtue, not a problem that needs fixing.

Have you tried meditation?

(May help you calm down a bit.)

:)

@camosoul (and I) dont want to calm down.
We both want to fight (each one for its own purpose)
Keep your meditation for the stupid sheeps you control.
We want to live, we dont want meditate.
We will have plenty of time to meditate, after our death.

Last edited:
Are you speaking for Camosoul now? ha ha ha. So funny.

I disagree with him in almost everything, but I like his aggresive and offensive talk style.
The neutrilized and politicaly correct way of talking is boring.
Angry, stupid, crazy and minors are talking the truth.
None of them is meditating, and especially the minors who are the most truthful.
Minors are close to life and life is close to the truth.
Meditators are close to death.

Last edited:
I disagree with him in almost everything, but I like his aggresive and offensive talk style.
The neutrilized and politicaly correct way of talking is boring.
Angry, stupid, crazy and minors are talking the truth.
None of them is meditating, and especially the minors who are the most truthful.
Minors are close to life and life is close to the truth.
Meditators are close to death.

Camosoul's output could be described as acerbic biting sarcasm and 'gallows' style humour. You, however, produce content that is convoluted, difficult to interpret, and wearing.

Basically, you're a pest.

(Have a nice day ;-)

Have you tried meditation?

(May help you calm down a bit.)

:)
"t" and "c" are interchangeable...

Being nowhere near the center of the bell curve is something I stopped hiding a few years ago. It draws a predictable reaction from those who can't claim the same.

I assure you, I'm quite laid back... I have to be...

"t" and "c" are interchangeable...

Being nowhere near the center of the bell curve is something I stopped hiding a few years ago. It draws a predictable reaction from those who can't claim the same.

I assure you, I'm quite laid back... I have to be...

I understand...

...and, I am reminded of a time when my ego was in a similar state of requiring attention from others for the purpose of self validation.

It no longer appeals to me.

I wish you well on your path to enlightenment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back