• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

An FYI about General Bytes ATM support

thesavoyard

Dash two-way support has been announced by General Bytes. But since the only exchange that is supported by General Bytes for Dash is Kraken and Kraken API has not functioned with General Bytes server since mid-December, Dash has 0% support from General Bytes. You cannot actually buy or sell Dash from a General Bytes machine.

This is something we discussed in earlier threads, doing just enough to say you did it but not actually doing it. In politics, they call this a poison pill. In the military, you could say they are setting you up for failure. I try to find solutions and get ignored by the Masternodes, the only one who responds is a troll. I'd love to help Dash and solve both our problems, but without community engagement, I will not risk 5 Dash for a proposal.

Hello I have helped several operators configure DASH for use on general bytes BATM2 and BATM3. The buy feature has worked fine for a solid year now. There is no requirement to use kraken it works just fine without it, during their outage it kept vending dadh from my machine.

On 1/23 and 1/25 updates were release that now support DASH in both buy and sell modes on BATM3. Today, I and another operator of BATM3 tested the build and are working out a few bugs with general bytes support still but I can confirm once these bugs are worked out the base support for DASH is there now, wether we call it an "enterprise solution" or not could be debated. However I would not call this a poison pill, I call it software development.

Hey lets be honest I'm just as frustrated with general bytes as you are, but no need to bash them to help promote your custom atm software. They need to get through these growing pains too. Ive been waiting 3 months for my order of machines. And due to this I have found additional vendors of atm that have or will add dash support and so market demand is showing this crypto atm sector is growing.

Additionally its unfortunate that some people with bank accounts and or masternodes do not see the need for ATM network. You, I, and a few others see that those people without bank accounts would like access to crypto. Those of us that would like to service that market will need to work together, we fight uphill battle with fiat and its creators. But we must all join force to make DASH accessible to all levels of income.

I'm "bashing them" because they do not deliver. You can sell your Dash from your hot wallet, but you can't restock Dash from an exchange. Feel free to always have a lower balance of Dash on your wallet if you want, but the rest of the BATM operators are probably going to pass. Let's not pretend they made Dash a first-class citizen. How long do you think it would actually take them to add a few exchanges? Especially after Dash gave them $200,000?

I'm trying to tell you Dash is getting scammed in a calm and rational manner, stop implying I have other motives or calling it emotional. We've moved on for financing the software, other Masternode coins are more than interested. When I say I would not spend 5 Dash on a Dash proposal, I'm not suggesting my opinion will change.

I'm telling you General Bytes is a scam company.

Last edited:
The dash proposal with general bytes did not include adding exchanges.

You had listed uphold as supported on generalbytes in November but at the time uphold didn't have dash, why doesn't that work now?

The proposal was for 50k usd equivalent not 200k. Greencandle needs to release a escrow status update still (i think)?

Calling a company a scam is a bit much. But just make your software and sell it to ATM owners, all the better.

thanks for your efforts thesavoyard,
I'm pretty shocked the community hasn't given this more attention.
Getting this to ATMs should be a top priority. We spend 1m giving random people coins on huobi with no data in return, before we even get an ATM off the ground...?

You had listed uphold as supported on generalbytes in November but at the time uphold didn't have dash, why doesn't that work now?

The proposal was for 50k usd equivalent not 200k. Greencandle needs to release a escrow status update still (i think)?

Calling a company a scam is a bit much. But just make your software and sell it to ATM owners, all the better.

If you had firsthand experience with them, you'd be more eager to call them a scam. If they don't have an exchange, then they don't have Dash support. Right now they have no exchanges that work.

I can't comment on our lawsuit, but it is worse than I thought. Since our machines were crippled and we couldn't buy, we had no idea. But GB has all buy transactions go to their wallet for confirmation before they release the funds. So operators had their money on GB wallets waiting to be sent to their wallet to be sold. A server error didn't send their coins, they had millions stuck for a month and a half. Then the prices crashed and ATM operators lost millions, I know our local competitor lost about 10k.

GB regularly breaks EU laws, using uncertified components, not providing the EU required 2-year warranty, charging operators for repairs and shipping. Their CEO tried to tell me they would repair my machines if I paid to ship (like I would trust them). He also implied that I assumed all liability when I signed for the wrong machines and that moving them damaged them. They are so amateur they don't realize that they are 100% liable for 6 months, all malfunctions are assumed to be manufacturer caused, from .5 to 2 years, customers need to provide supporting evidence that it was a manufacturer's defect.

They won't be carrying Dash because they won't be in business for long.

Hi to all with problems with general bytes. In December the company sent out an email stating that they moved within Prague. Does anyone still have that email? I am about to go to Prague and pay them a visit. I purchased a machine from them which was delivered but then they do not send the activation QR code, so the machine is basically worthless. What a waste this has been of my time and energy. I wish I had seen your post in October. Hopefully my next experience with a different company goes better.

I'm sorry to hear about that. I don't know where they moved. I see they opened up a lot of offices, it's very sad they can deliver malfunctioning junk and no one stops them. Please contact our lawyer, he is handling our case. Not too expensive and the more people who file suits against General Bytes, the cheaper it gets.

rutland ježek, advokátní kancelář s.r.o.
Betlémské nám. 6
110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic

m: +420 (777) 192 338
t : +420 (226) 236 600
e: [email protected]
www.rutlandjezek.com

Hi to all with problems with general bytes. In December the company sent out an email stating that they moved within Prague. Does anyone still have that email? I am about to go to Prague and pay them a visit. I purchased a machine from them which was delivered but then they do not send the activation QR code, so the machine is basically worthless. What a waste this has been of my time and energy. I wish I had seen your post in October. Hopefully my next experience with a different company goes better.

QR codes are sent after you confirm receiving your order. This is to prevent a man-in-the-middle attack during shipping. Don't let the experience of one client dictate your choice of machine. We have sold almost 2000 machines in the past 5 years and even the very first machines are still updated every few weeks with new features and updates. Please contact [email protected] to get up and running. They are there to help.

It did not but is included anyway. DASH is supported for use with the Kraken exchange. Just make sure you have some funds in your Kraken account or a buy-back of coins will (naturally) not be possible. If [email protected] is available 7 days per week to solve any configuration issues you might have. We are not a scam, we are one of the very few Bitcoin ATM manufacturers that has been serving the community for over 5 years and has sold almost 2000 ATMs to date. We support the widest range of coins, exchanges and wallets and DASH is a 1st class citizen on our platform with full support, down to the NFC wallet cards and instantsend. (In our opinion THE reason to use DASH in the first place!)

We are currently the fastest growing, and second largest crypto ATM manufacturer worldwide according to independent data by coinATMradar.com and our software has been battle tested for over 5 years with new features and improvements release every few weeks. You will find that most, if not all ATMs selling DASH globally are from the GB brand. (for a reason!)

Back