• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

11.2 - Dash Release

No idea, that's direct from masternode list pose command. :p
It's really teh same as before. I'm making this up but I think it's some what close...

1) Is your mn ip reachable
2) Is your port responding
3) Do you have any cookies

Found a small bug, occurs when window width is very small. (DASI? another rebrand?? ahhh)

A question about this voting system. Does it only work from hot/cold wallet of from both of them?

56qdtqoc.png

Final tweak is needed on the OSx side.

When opening the .dmg, the app icon is still the old darkcoin D.

Once copied over to the system, the app does have the new D. On the dock its the new D too, looks really really cool !

Congratulations on a great achievement - the very 1st Dash Wallet.

Could you guys help me with my OCD issue. My new Dash wallet installer placed it into Program Files / Dash. Alas, when I run it, all associated files - including but not limited to wallet.dat | peers.dat | database folder | db.log | blocks folder | chainstate folder | dash.conf appear on Desktop??

Aren't those not supposed to be in the respective folder? Could you please help me with this because I can't stand them there (a case of severe OCD might result in deleting, removing whatever-ing of the files and thusly, with a loss of my Dash) and I need to resolve that before I move all Darkcoins from old wallet to a new one.

BTW, dash.conf file is empty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on a great achievement - the very 1st Dash Wallet.

Could you guys help me with my OCD issue. My new Dash wallet installer placed it into Program Files / Dash. Alas, when I run it, all associated files - including but not limited to wallet.dat | peers.dat | database folder | db.log | blocks folder | chainstate folder | dash.conf appear on Desktop??

Aren't those not supposed to be in the respective folder? Could you please help me with this because I can't stand them there (a case of severe OCD might result in deleting, removing whatever-ing of the files and thusly, with a loss of my Dash) and I need to resolve that before I move all Darkcoins from old wallet to a new one.

BTW, dash.conf file is empty.
On windows your "wallet.dat | peers.dat | database folder | db.log | blocks folder | chainstate folder" are stored in "Dash" file and by default it's stored in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Dash.

Go to Start, type "%appdata%" (without the quotes), press ENTER and you'll see the screen open for you.

Thanks moli - but nope, there's isn't a Dash folder in AppData\Roaming. All these files wallet.dat | peers.dat | database folder | db.log | blocks folder | chainstate folder appear on Desktop?

Thanks moli - but nope, there's isn't a Dash folder in AppData\Roaming. All these files wallet.dat | peers.dat | database folder | db.log | blocks folder | chainstate folder appear on Desktop?
I'm not sure how it got there unless you moved it there.

Hi,
anyone can post how to do masternode vote ?

Solved: you have to execute it on each masternode separately
" dashd masternode vote yea"

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't -- I ran dash-0.11.2-win64-setup.exe which placed it into Program Files / Dash. Next / next, installation done, run the program, and voila!, all these files popped up on my desktop...

installer.JPG

Final tweak is needed on the OSx side.

When opening the .dmg, the app icon is still the old darkcoin D.

Once copied over to the system, the app does have the new D. On the dock its the new D too, looks really really cool !
It's Mac OS cache. Just reboot and it should show the new D in dmg too.

Hey guys crosspost from bitcointalk if anyone can help me

Hey guys - I contacted the author of this article https://medium.com/@eordano/we-need-more-coinjoin-c7fefd12dc5e on coinjoin and asked him if he had looked into Darkcoin/Dash. He did respond but I'm not sure if I can link him to any whitepapers right now on our anonimity seeing as they are maybe out of date since the last few updates and don't include masternode blinding etc?

Here's our interaction so far. https://twitter.com/eordano/status/582610820636532736

By the way fernando - The dashpay website is broken in various ways (not your fault necessarily some links seem to be dead). Documentation for example leads to a dead page. Whitepaper downloads from the bitcointalk thread also lead to a dead link, etc.

Sorry to do it in this thread it's just the most active one currently.

Hey guys crosspost from bitcointalk if anyone can help me

Hey guys - I contacted the author of this article https://medium.com/@eordano/we-need-more-coinjoin-c7fefd12dc5e on coinjoin and asked him if he had looked into Darkcoin/Dash. He did respond but I'm not sure if I can link him to any whitepapers right now on our anonimity seeing as they are maybe out of date since the last few updates and don't include masternode blinding etc?

Here's our interaction so far. https://twitter.com/eordano/status/582610820636532736
I'm afraid the whitepapers are not updated yet. Evan is working on that, but it is either coding or writting... Masternode blinding is not yet included in today's update. I think the most informative approach would be a few links to announcements here (including the one on vulnerabilities in CoinShuffle and DarkWallet) and maybe Evan's last interview in LTB:
https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/po...owards-privacy-or-many-hands-makes-light-work

By the way fernando - The dashpay website is broken in various ways (not your fault necessarily some links seem to be dead). Documentation for example leads to a dead page. Whitepaper downloads from the bitcointalk thread also lead to a dead link, etc.

Sorry to do it in this thread it's just the most active one currently.
I know, I'm working on that :smile:

I didn't -- I ran dash-0.11.2-win64-setup.exe which placed it into Program Files / Dash. Next / next, installation done, run the program, and voila!, all these files popped up on my desktop...

View attachment 1235
Hello, I'm afraid that OCD windows may have something wrong with registry but for workaround please edit your Dash shortcut to have "Dash-qt.exe -datadir=[your expected folder path, ex c:\dashdata]"
then create folder (ex. c:\dashdata) and run the shortcut again.

Basically, just replace darkcoind with dashd and darkcoin with dash
Wish it was that easy..

luc@vultr:~$ ./dashd
Error: To use the "-server" option, you must set a rpcpassword in the configuration file:
/home/luc/.dash/dash.conf
It is recommended you use the following random password:
rpcuser=dashrpc
rpcpassword=<censored>
(you do not need to remember this password)
The username and password MUST NOT be the same.
If the file does not exist, create it with owner-readable-only file permissions.
It is also recommended to set alertnotify so you are notified of problems;
for example: alertnotify=echo %s | mail -s "Dash Alert" [email protected]

EDIT:
Nevermind, I misread.. Makes sense, fixing it now! :)

Back