• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

100,000 Views on Youtube Reviewing Dash

Would you support this proposal?

• Total voters

Blake

I'll make this short and sweet. Dash Bus Blake here....aka Blake-X....aka Blake Chamness. I have been doing stuff for Dash for over a year now. Pass or fail-I have continued with proposals. I believe in Dash and think were fixing to turn the tide on recruiting people over to the Dash Express.

And I think I can help...in fact I know I can.

I have been reaching out to youtube content creators and helping them create quality reviews of Dash. We all know Dash is under represented in the crypto-media and I am doing something to solve this. I start all correspondence with content creators by saying when you line up all the achievements and partnerships Dash has going it is impossible to not give it two thumbs up and see how Dash is moving past speculation into real world adoption through our treasury/governance model.

(The Crypto Lark 4.5k views)

(Blue Collar Crypto 1.5k views)

(Crypto Cowboys 600 views)

All of these guys did thorough reviews that I worked with them on by presenting them the facts. This method can help us reach the newer waves of people that are getting into crypto that are mainly interested in ICO's and all the science project coins.

I truly believe these partnerships can make a difference. I offer the content creators .5 Dash for a video while also extending out an invitation to join Dash Nation and within the next 6 months to a year make another video for .5 Dash. My goal is for them to be our friends and see our POWERFUL vision and what we are accomplishing.

Anyway, please leave a vote and share with those that you think would find value in this proposal.

Sincerely,
Blake Chamness

12 Dash requested

-5 Dash back for proposal fee
-4 Dash for Content Creators .5 Dash for each video made (each content creator to make 2 videos spread out across the following months)

3 Dash for my efforts... Been contacting people for about two months now-not a full time thing but have spent a considerable amount of time.

All correspondence I can give to Dash Watch. The letters I have show great team work with all the people involved-really nice people who are into digital currencies for all the right reasons.

First of I think you active presents at events and confronting people that loudly call Dash a scam out is great.
Than again if we actually start paying people for this could potentially backfire so, it a bit of double edged sword.
But unpaid challenger of the FUD is great ! From what I know live presents in that form even if its 20 persons vs 1000 on the inet, is way more impact full, calling some out, letting him feel all embarrassed, and admit he is wrong, and send him and a couple of people some free dash as well.

Secondly, the parts of the internet that have become the hubs for information are already created, it will need some real power to break that, I doubt that smaller channels have any effect at all.

At any rate I think proposals of this size should be under dash boost, these are more amateurism attempts to promote Dash and should be treated as such.
They may grow out of that, but from what I know about you're a huge dash fan, which is awesome, but with 1mil+ a month or more in spending and 1bilion+ marketcap we need, a clear line between them.

*Please don't take offence to the word "amateurism" as I believe we need both people like you and people that created the new Dash logo, and hopefully in time a a fully developed, corporate identity, which will provide a complete handbook how to properly market Dash, if your into that you should read apple's corporate identity handbook(I don't have the link anymore sadly)

Dear philosofers coin,

I appreciate your response and don't take offense to anything you said and in fact love the chance to debate this proposal. Let me just get to the numbers of how I see it. Just to tackle the ROI aspect of the proposal first.

So lets say the average investor watching these content creators has $50 to $500 dollars at their side while watching the video. $50 on the low end and $500 on the high end. Let's also pretend that these videos are not very effective and only 25 out of 1000 views sways an investor into Dash.

So we take the low end amount of money and multiply that by the low end of potential investors. So far the videos above total about 7,000 views meaning

$15,000 invested into Dash on a $2,200 dollar proposal.

If you were to assume that 50 out of 1000 people who watch the video were swayed enough to invest that would be $30,000

Both of these estimates I think are very modest. All the while these are new people entering on the Dash Express-aware of what our movement is achieving. AS for those that have a problem with people getting paid to review things I have no response for that besides that is just simply how the world works.

This is a visionary proposal with clarity. Creation of YouTube Content is a great idea.. this can add up to the current Dash PR efforts.

Good luck mate!

Thank you-I enjoy reaching out to the people and creating a true friendship. If this could pass I would be so happy to help continue building a relationship with these three people who I think will only gain in popularity as well as welcome on some more people.

I want there to be as many people praising Dash as possible out there-online or in real life!

This is a great initiative, reaching out to YouTube content creators to market/promote dash through their YouTube channels is gonna create massive dash awareness and expand outreach to larger inhabitants within different localities. Good luck bro
Cheers

Lukman! I appreciate that. I wouldn't be pushing this so hard if I didn't think it would really make a difference. The crypto world is a small world in a way and if we can get 100,000 views targeting different groups and ages we can gain major traction. The videos made not only highlight all the great things Dash is getting done but it also directly challenges the narratives put forth by our haters refuting claims with evidence and data.

I'd vote for you, but I think this is an example of a proposal that would be great for Dash Boost. It's a small ask: you're planning on spending 5 dash to get 7 (+5) back. It would look better to request only 8 dash instead (Dash Boost), and it would arguably be less risky. (Less risk if failed, similar risk regarding available vs requested budget.)

I'd vote for you on an official proposal or on a Dash Boost proposal.

Hey! Much appreciated Jmmon....your comment means a lot to me. For whatever reasons not getting much traction on this idea that is a no brainer to me when done properly! I actually ran in the last Dash Boost and recieved 4000 yes votes to 4000 no votes....At this point running in Dash Boost feels weird because people that I have actually sponsored and put up the money for to run in Dash Boost would be competing against me. It's a small pool that can be rocked by a whale real quick as well as seen in the last voting cycle. A great system once it matures! I've supported Dash Boost since I first heard about it.

Anyway I appreciate your vote and was just saying in the Dash Discord that if you think about it what your saying is kind of a flattering thing. Your saying that I am asking for so small of an amount that it would be better in Dash Boost. A small amount requested-in my mind-is much better than someone asking for a big amount.

And I do agree that it is a small amount and that it would not be in the way of any major proposals in our system. The only person at risk would be me. I've risked 5 Dash and lost several times now. It hurts, you get bitter, BUT it makes you reflect.

And here I am....reflective, pushing on....I stand by this idea as a solid one that will win people over. I want to see more characters that show up for Dash online and in real life.

A small cost, potential high ROI guerrilla marketing approach like this is one of the few marketing strategies that actually makes sense in the current climate. Being scrappy and tightening the bootstraps allows us to focus on small but precise campaigns and that is what blake is offering. The insight he'll get into crypto Youtuber outreach is worth the 7 dash alone and this kind of coverage is what got a lot of us into Dash today. Even if this project creates a handful more Dash advocates that has a long lasting impact beyond this 7 (or 12) Dash.

One of the fewer occurrences these days where 'Dash can afford this' :)

As for Blake, he has been a long term Dash Advocate for over a year now, he's not been financially motivated and has asked for basic amounts in order to help Dash succeed. He's been a dash maximalist through and through, advocating Dash to anyone be it on Discord or otherwise. He drove his bus all over for Dash, bought agnewpickens' book, sold motorbikes for Dash and has invested what he can in Dash. He's also performed outreach services for Dash without asking for anything in return, winning Dash coverage that has earnt thousands of views.

It seems a shame for 5 Dash to be burnt for such a low ask - perhaps we could just crowdfund the 7 dash on DashDonates or you could consider running in boost (though I can understand you don't want to compete with proposals you have financially supported)

Hello, @Blake, and thank you for your pre-proposal. This is a proposal that is probably better served by Dashboost once the next funding cycle is up and going, but I think it's worthwhile. Historically our funding of youtube ads and paying various groups to make videos has not been remotely cost effective, but by sponsoring content with users that already have a significant viewer base--especially with so little cost--I think it could be pretty effective, at least for the cost. Over all, the rest of what I would say was covered by @AshFrancis , but I'm happy to support this project.

I agree, this has a great chance on DashBoost, and a not so great chance on the regular Treasury.
Good thinking on the low cost way of getting engagement with social media people that already have a following.

Thanks for the comments gentlemen. I also thought it would do well on Dash Boost so I ran in it last cycle. Dash Boost is a great service but at the moment it is easy for the votes to shift around rather dramatically. I had 4258 yes votes and 4000 no votes. The top winners were having like 20,000 votes on there proposals. I also funded people to run in Dash Boost so I would be going up against people I actually support-which is a strange place to be in.

That's why I decided on going up to the major leagues. It's not a lot to ask for but it could be a good thing for us welcoming in some new people and informing thousands on what TRULY is happening with Dash. Specifics, details, data, numbers...when people see the truth they hop on the Dash Express-it's too impressive not to in an industry full of smoke and mirrors.

Thanks for the comments!

I agree, this has a great chance on DashBoost, and a not so great chance on the regular Treasury.
Good thinking on the low cost way of getting engagement with social media people that already
Thanks for the comments gentlemen. I also thought it would do well on Dash Boost so I ran in it last cycle. Dash Boost is a great service but at the moment it is easy for the votes to shift around rather dramatically. I had 4258 yes votes and 4000 no votes. The top winners were having like 20,000 votes on there proposals. I also funded people to run in Dash Boost so I would be going up against people I actually support-which is a strange place to be in.

That's why I decided on going up to the major leagues. It's not a lot to ask for but it could be a good thing for us welcoming in some new people and informing thousands on what TRULY is happening with Dash. Specifics, details, data, numbers...when people see the truth they hop on the Dash Express-it's too impressive not to in an industry full of smoke and mirrors.

Thanks for the comments!

Tell you what, why don't you try it on DashBoost first. If it passes, and you can demonstrate good results, then double the size of the ask the next month, and that makes it more appropriate for the regular treasury.

Let me say this-I am thinking about trying it in Dash Boost again BUT I will be hurt if it doesn't go through. I was shocked as I watched it go down further and further to almost last place on this previous try.

I had 4200 yes to 4000 no
Something like this.... the no votes just killed me.

I do like your idea though. You don't know how much I want to go back to each of these guys who made the videos and say, "Look we did it! Welcome aboard thank you so much and let's think on something else!"

Think about that-there audiences have been primed-they know the facts-now let's make a call to action!

That's what pushes me forward doing this...and the fact that I know people are watching these videos and for the first time considering Dash as a contender. I know what it takes to break through the conditioning. Its more than just a flash of Dash on the screen for a second.

It's to have there attention for a few minutes and show them footage of crowds, partnerships and debunking the instamine claim for when they google it later to confirm that they are making a good decision. That's a big part. Due to people like James Altucher/Tone Vays/FP we are having to take a step back and win over some crucial voices that will see the truth.

And the truth they shall see...

-Daniel Blake Chamness-

Back