• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Search results

1. pbleak

How to get a bitcoin loan

Worth checking out: https://www.bitbond.com/resources/bitcoin-loan/
  2. pbleak

WTS 20,000 Website hits (over 10 days) - with Google Analytics provided.

Hello all, I offer 20,000 hits over the course of ten days alongside a google analytics counter so you can watch in real time. I do not use bots, results will come from google, facebook, etc. (No noise). The bulk of visitors will come from the US/UK. 0.045 BTC or roughly 20 dollars at the...
  3. pbleak

WTS WTS - My Account Sr. Member. Activity 322 (Bitcoin talk)

Hoping to sell this account. You can simply click into my profile for details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1027870.0 The basics are: Name: pbleak Posts: 544 Activity: 322 Position: Sr. Member Date Registered: April 20, 2014, 05:04:09 PM 3 references. No negative ones. Reason...
  4. pbleak

Darkcoins to Dashcoins...

Hey all, I've been away and just come back to this change. Meaning the last time I operated a wallet I was using v0.11.1.25-gbdbdbf9-beta Now I don't quite know what to do here. Safest way to make the transition wallet-wise? I sort of fear I may have missed a boat or two here.
  5. pbleak

An odd transaction

Hey all, I sent the following a few days ago. Nothing big. Just exchanging for some doge: Status: 0/unconfirmedDate: 17/02/2015 21:15 Debit: -1.728 DRKNet amount: -1.728 DRKTransaction ID: 293ffb30e626c21af39637f014680e9cadd9a30accc80bff743f068e0ca98d53 So I sent another just to test and it...
  6. pbleak

Startcoin Africa project phase 2

Hey guys, I'm at 396 on this project. If it reaches 500 by tonight it goes live: https://www.startjoin.com/africa I've had support from everywhere, but the final push I might need some help from you guys. As you know I write a bit for DRK and contribute to the forum. I'm hoping any big holders...
  7. pbleak

Funding African Bitcoin loans

Hello everybody, I'm running a project over at Startjoin. Details are here: https://www.startjoin.com/africa The project just went live. You can get more info on me and my past projects there (including my academic.edu page). I've also made a post on BTCJam where the money will be investing...
  8. pbleak

So someone gave me an Antminer S1...

A Bitcoin miner I know only through a meetup group has donated an Antminer S1 to me (he said he could only get 20e on ebay for it so just passed it on). He suggested a Corsair power supply...any idea what one is best or where I could find a cheap one (from Europe, not the US). Also what...
  9. pbleak

A timely warning (or how I lost my wallet).

This is just a reminder to everyone to look after their wallets when backing up. After a mild computer crash I plugged in my backup wallet into the latest DRK wallet only to find it revealed an old wallet and my current one seems to have disappeared into the ether. Not so bad for someone like me...
  10. pbleak

Cloud Mining Sites Review

It appears to me that there is much confusion regarding the profitability and ‘ponzi’ possibilities associated with many cloud mining sites. As a relatively experienced cloud miner I have decided to outline the core benefits and demerits of the most often discussed sites. I leave aside those...
  11. pbleak

Anyone having trouble with balances?

Just fired up my wallet and for some reason I am told 'Displayed transactions may not be correct. You may need to upgrade or other nodes may need to upgrade.' I'm running the latest version, my balance shows in the main as fine, but I cannot send any funds. Not sure what it is, any advice?
  12. pbleak

Mini-masternodes.

I had a weird ideas last night. Is there any especial barrier to having 'smaller' masternodes: 100, 500? Of course such nodes would get small rewards. OK, this would change things a little, but would surely lead to two bonuses: 1) People will invest again aiming to get a mini-node (and node...
  13. pbleak

Shared masternodes and escrow

Hey all, I have been pondering, as is my cryptographic tendency, about rogue actors who, in the future, may offer shared masternode services and then run off with the funds. I do not consider this an issue at the moment since the service is now being offered by solid people (DRKheads, let us...
  14. pbleak

Price thread (trading)

It might be a good idea, I think, to have a thread for those of us interested in trading and price-trends since there are many who either don't like that or consider it less interesting than the technical angle. How are our traders doing? The price on Mintpal is looking very healthy today. Do...
  15. pbleak

Crowdfunding sites

I have an idea for a future DRK-related project. What places to people *trust* for crowdfunding or stocks when it comes to crypto?
  16. pbleak

0.3 Giveaway

OK, not much interest so cut.
  17. pbleak

A mini-history of Darkcoin, part 1

Hey guys, so I was planning on sending this to my usual writing home of deepdotweb, but the more I look at it the more it's too specific for over there. I decided it might be better to simply post it here. I'm actually working from the whitepaper forward so I'm discussing things that are, of...
  18. pbleak

Cypherpunk and Dark Net Marketplaces

Hey all. I think this article might appeal to some of you. Not sure where to post it mind: http://www.deepdotweb.com/2014/09/12/cypherpunk-dark-net-marketplaces/
  19. pbleak

Browser tools

Before I move on to the tricky stuff (encryption, PGP, email, chat and hosting) there is one area where we can all easily secure ourselves and that is browsing habits. In the following I assume everyone has followed the advice not to use Chrome (due to Google connections) and is using, at least...
  20. pbleak

VPNs and Tor

Prism-break (PB) recommend a number of anonymizing networks. Of these two are most likely to be used by a general user. The first is Tor which is rightly well-known as the chief method of browsing the internet securely. These days one can simply use the Tor Browser bundle (Firefox with Tor...
Back