• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Search results

1. ericsammons

What's this Trust Protector thing all about? Let's meet them and chat about Dash stuff.

I too have submitted my name as a candidate for Trust Protector. I’ve been involved with cryptocurrency since 2013 and been a Dash Masternode owner for over three years. I’ve written numerous articles on Dash, and I am the creator of Dash Vote Tracker, which was the first site dedicated to...
  2. ericsammons

Pre-Proposal - Visual Identity

I find it hard to distinguish between “what I like” and “what is best for Dash,” for the reason I like something better is that I think it is best for Dash! I also don’t have strong opinions about things like this; they seem to be a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing (or little). But at...
  3. ericsammons

Improved Budget Proposal Tracker: DashVoteTracker.com

1. I'm grabbing the MN count from DashNinja's API, which seems to be off. I've reached out to figure out why that is. 2. Great idea! I'll try to get on that soon.
  4. ericsammons

payment queue

Try to understand how it works before attacking it. Here is a simple description: If there are 4,500 Masternodes, then you begin at position #4500. Every time a MN gets paid, you move up one: to 4499...4498...etc. However, once you get in the top 10% of the queue (in this case #450) you...
  5. ericsammons

Masternode Operators: Sentinel Hotfix (Action Required)

First of all, great work to all involved in catching and fixing this situation so quickly. But it does raise some questions. This seems similar to an SQL injection, in that a malformed entry caused the system to crash, which seems like a possible attack vector. For example, if InstantSend had...
  6. ericsammons

Proposal: Marketing & Communication (October)

Sounds great - I look forward to seeing it. I really wish I could be there, but some health issues will keep me away. Hopefully next time!
  7. ericsammons

Thanks for the quick response, and I think that sounds good, Fernando. I agree Ogilvy are the experts and their views should be paramount. And if you are involved, I have a lot of confidence. This might be something I should know, but who is on the board? Is it the "Dash Core DAO Management"...
  8. ericsammons

The advantages of a relationship with such a prestigious firm should be obvious. I do have questions about how decisions will be made, however. For example, let's say Ogilvy creates a new Dash logo. More than likely, they will create a few mockups to choose from (at least, that has been my...
  9. ericsammons

Dashvotetracker Issues

Yup, stupid bug on my part, which I fixed. Unfortunately, I didn't get the vote history for those proposals since the bug, so it will start with after I fixed it just now (and it begins to show on the page after about a half hour).
  10. ericsammons

Dashvotetracker Issues

Or it could just be a bug. :) I recently made some changes to DVT, and obviously I must have screwed something up. I'll look into it.
  11. ericsammons

PRE-PROPOSAL: New (& Improved?) Look for DASH Detailed

I'm ambivalent about the new look. I'm not a fan of the music (which has already been addressed), and I probably like the less-formal YouTubish look of the existing Dash Detailed. Of course, I'm an old fart, so I might not be the target audience. Regarding the cost, I have no problem with what...
  12. ericsammons

More power to the rich?

You have a common misunderstanding here. Masternode ownership is *not* targeted to "typical (non-tech-geek) consumers." In fact, it requires tech knowledge and a significant commitment to Dash to run a Masternode. Dash itself - the currency - is what is targeted to non-tech-geek consumers...
  13. ericsammons

The Dash Masternode Network: A Response to Critics

Since I've been involved in Dash I've heard a lot of criticisms of the Masternode Network - and those criticisms have become louder since the recent price rise. So I thought I'd write an article to address them: The Dash Masternode Network: A Response to Critics
  14. ericsammons

Conflict of interest accusations and defenses

I still don't think there is a problem. If some small cabal of MN owners votes for proposals that benefit themselves but not Dash, that is out in the open for all to see. It's not like the proposals are secret - we know where the block rewards go. We might not know exactly who is in the cabal...
  15. ericsammons

Conflict of interest accusations and defenses

If MN owners vote in a proposal that helps Dash, it helps all Dash holders. If they vote in a proposal that hurts Dash, it hurts all Dash holders (themselves included) and people can abandon the project. It doesn't matter if it takes 3 voters or 1,000 voters to pass the proposal.
  16. ericsammons

(Pre-Proposal) DASHPayCard - DASH Branded Debit Card + Fiat/Dash Integration

This is something I've been hoping for. As I've written about before, I regularly convert some of my masternode profits to Bitcoin, then transfer to Coinbase to spend with my Shift card. Having something to remove the BTC part out of that process is great...and having someone like Charlie make...
  17. ericsammons

Bitcoin is Sick. Will It Heal, Be Amputated, or Die? (Dash mentioned)

I just published an article on Bitcoin's troubles, and also how that might impact Dash: Bitcoin is Sick. Will It Heal, Be Amputated, or Die?
  18. ericsammons

Ongoing DDoS attack on masternode network

Maybe it was vultr conducting the stress test to get everyone to upgrade! :D
  19. ericsammons

An Honest Assessment of Dash, Today’s Hottest Cryptocurrency

With the recent influx of new users due to the price rise, I've written an article evaluating Dash from the perspective of someone who's been involved for a little while: An Honest Assessment of Dash, Today’s Hottest Cryptocurrency
  20. ericsammons

Help Me Share Dash with Millions on Facebook and YouTube: JAN 2017 Budget Proposal!

Jerry, don't get discouraged: people involved in the community for years have had proposals rejected. I would recommend producing some type of Dash-related content *before* another proposal. Let the MN's see what you can do. Then go to the next step: a small project that has very identifiable...
Back