• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Search results

1. nightowl

~$88~ Whoohoo!! A Massive Congratulations to Evan/the whole DASH Team and US!!

The fact that we as a community are not flipping out with rollercaoster gifs and partying in the streets is a sign just how much we "get it" and how much more we believe in the DASH system. The system that pays nodes, the system that funds itself, the system that has governance. The way a...
  2. nightowl

Head's up: A lot of masternodes have "NEW_START_REQUIRED" as their status

Hi Guys Not sure if this is related to the DDOS attack, but my wallet shows a rough estimation of 20% of masternodes with "NEW_START_REQUIRED" as their status. There's an increase in "WATCHDOG_EXPIRED" status as well. Just thought I should post something in case someone isn't monitoring their...
  3. nightowl

20 thousand Free State Project libertarians... we need a budget proposal for this

HI Guys Source: I admit I got this from the big bad /r/bitcoin. http://bravenewcoin.com/news/20-thousand-free-state-project-libertarians-pledge-move-to-new-hampshire/ If we can just get someone in there and explain to them why Dash Evolution will be easier for the community to use...
  4. nightowl

Company Memo: We just fired Michael Terpin!

I actually just saw this happening. I was busy voting after seeing the tool: http://ericsammons.com/dash-budget/ Here's mnbudget before: "transform-pr" : { "URL" : "www.dashwhale.org/p/transform-pr", "Hash" : "a425e35fa2db7c55b0b0d8cb430b9df9925cb7cc1b9322d3635ec4c744121b00"...
  5. nightowl

A vision of what Evolution could be, in real life examples

It's an nice overcast Sunday morning, 17 April 2019. The perfect day for just lazing around at home. I stumble out of bed, fire up my Steambox and plop onto the sofa. Mmmm, I wonder if they have any good sales this weekend? I open up their interface and hey... it must be my lucky day because...
  6. nightowl

I think I understand the pricedrop after the announcement of Dash Evolution (or Whatsapp for money)

Hi Guys I was curious as to why the price would drop after BTC Miami and the announcement of Evolution. Both were great. It didn't quite compute. I think the answer lies in my friend. He's a programmer and he works for the financial industry. I've been telling him about Bitcoin for 2, going on...
  7. nightowl

Just a heads-up: problem with Websocket on dashevolution.com

HI Guys I'm very excited about Dash Evolution but it seems the websocket is not connecting on both Firefox and Chrome. I looked at the Javascript console and found this: this is the home controller angular.js:208Error: Failed to execute 'send' on 'WebSocket': Still in CONNECTING state. at...
  8. nightowl

Begun the Coin Wars Have...

Hey guys This actually belongs in "[No Dash] News" but since we've been playing around with graphics and talking about Jedi's, I just had to share the picture here. It might inspire us to come up with something cool Original Article here...
  9. nightowl

Guys I need your help in spreading this graphic

Hey guys It's 3:45 am here. I had to finish this. It's not the best but I feel we are missing an opportunity here. I had to do something. If you look at coinmarketcap $150bn was moved, but it mostly flowed out into fiat. I feel it is horrible that Evan designed a system that addresses every...
  10. nightowl

I felt inspired so I stared screwing around in Inkscape (great program)

Hey Guys Not to be taken seriously, I was just screwing around. The Dash Evolution logo is wrong, I don't have any good fonts on this machine, but.... it's something! Arnie in his "I'll be back voice": "THERE WILL BE NO ZERO CONF" :cool: :grin:
  11. nightowl

Who said the "5 address exchange" in Evolution would be a bad thing

Hey guys Somewhere here or on /r/dashpay I saw an announcement from Evan and one guy said "the 5 address exchange between friends is stupid" (I'm paraphrasing, he was a bit more diplomatic). I have a killer response but now I cannot find that thread. Did you also see it and where? Sorry saw...
  12. nightowl

Like graphs? Here's my masternode network and cpu load graphs

Hey Guys Graphs make me all tingly inside, and I thought I'd share this since we don't have a lot of "post velocity" in the general forum. I don't have any automatic updates so I guess that spike in traffic was when my masternode was elected to do some work. It spiked to about 200kbps...
  13. nightowl

dash.conf vs masternode.conf

Hi Guys I could probably figure this out myself but posting here in case someone else runs into this. The current documentation can be a bit confusing. The current docs for setting up a masternode all talk about adding your masternode key to dash.conf in the following format masternode=1...
  14. nightowl

Masternode Voting/Budget Quick Reference Howto

Hi Guys I didn't immediately run into this page, might be helpful to new Masternode owners https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Budget+Voting+Commands This is also useful in case you missed it (it is in the master node guides, repeating here anyway)...
  15. nightowl

API Call example for InstantX?

Hey guys Google is not my friend tonight, I just wanted to know where I should start if I want to play around with InstantX. I keep running into marketing material (go marketing team!) and I'm looking for the more technical stuff for programmers. I'm comfortable using bitcoin's RPC...
  16. nightowl

Masternodes are the Jedi protecting The Republic (the Blockchain)

I was at a party trying to explain to this one Star Wars crazed buddy why he should look at Dash. So I said... Masternodes are the protectors of the blockchain. They are like the Jedi protecting The Republic. And just like Jedi's have special training, Masternodes can do all sorts of special...
  17. nightowl

Yay! My remote masternode is up! A question about the local "1000 Dash Controlling" wallet

Hi Guys So pretty soon my masternode is going to start computing some very cool Dash Evolution API calls! Very excited about that! I have the standard "remote masternode setup" with a local "full blockchain" dash-qt wallet on my laptop. I presume if I turn off my laptop (and the local dash-qt...
Back