• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Search results

1. S

Should Platform run on all nodes or should Platform run only on High Performance nodes ?

Thanks @QuantumExplorer. I appreciate your time and effort to get platform across the line. The part that’s tough to understand is the messaging around folks flocking to 4K/10k solutions. It seems to be unrealistic to me because it’s too cost prohibitive. But, if we go down the hpmn route...
  2. S

Should Platform run on all nodes or should Platform run only on High Performance nodes ?

Honestly, I haven’t heard why this is such a problem. I tried watching the ama but just couldn’t get through it. Some will upgrade, some won’t. That’s how it always will be. As a mno, I fully expect to have to upgrade my nodes on my own dime to run platform. I’m not bothered by this because...
  3. S

Yeah q I’m just not buying it. The recommendation from dcg is we need fewer nodes to run platform. Lots of benefits, got it, that are slightly better than all running platform. Seems like an odd time to realize this, but it’s the world we live in. Now we’re told the only way to minimize...
  4. S

Why I will be voting YES for the 10k collateral High Performance MasterNodes

Wow, ridiculous. Somehow the storage concerns (just another straw man) disappear under the other solutions.
  5. S

@qwizzie thanks for the continued posts. The picture is no clearer for me now after reading through this discussion. The 1k option now doesn’t work, but keeping the collateral at 1k is one of the options. Head scratcher!
  6. S

I’m playing catch up to this discussion, but the presentation did catch me by surprise and then left more questions than answers. Seems like we’re chasing the ‘they’ of “if we build it they will come” before we’ve built it. The fees and tps won’t be as briefed (ie all mnos running today won’t...
  7. S

Same problem exists with the 4K 10k ideas. Apparently it’s 15 minutes of coding (as quoted above) to allow for this state to exist.
  8. S

Seems to me we can have the best of all worlds with the 1k mn construct, because not all will upgrade. At best, I’d say we get 1,000 mnos who upgrade immediately following release. This might be optimistic given the track record of the project. This dynamic sets up the same construct as the...
  9. S

What? Why would you sell off when platform is released. Instead I’d expect folks to participate (if they can), but not with an increased collateral requirement. That only favors a few. Also, I don’t think folks are waiting on pins and needles for platform. It will happen and we will see.
  10. S

This whole “selling point” seems nonsensical. The idea that non-mnos or 1k mnos will see the huge profits being reaped by hpmnos and decide to become a hpmno will never happen. The barrier to entry is simply to high. 400k usd for 10k and even 160k usd for 4K. It’s laughable this is being used...
Back