• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Search results

1. D

How would you bring Dash to a small, poor country?

I'm actually more curious about something like this. How would you go about convincing a government to "switch" to cryptocurrency? What benefits would it bring?
  2. D

How would you bring Dash to a small, poor country?

Hello Dash community, I am wondering on how exactly you would pitch Dash (or cryptocurrency in general) to an extremely small country, maybe the size of a mid-sized city. Their currency is pegged to the USD, however is not the USD, and this country is a sovereign nation. The country does not...
  3. D

Is collateralised mining just proof of stake?

Yes, there is definitely an insurmountable hurdle here. Mining is, by definition, a random process. Therefore, you cannot distinguish between a user getting really really lucky and mining a lot of blocks, or a user with more hash rate than he is "allowed". So the only thing you could do, is...
  4. D

Is collateralised mining just proof of stake?

How exactly do you "limit" someones hash rate to your example of 1 Dash = 100MH? I would love to see some technicals behind this. What happens when someone has 1 Dash, but a 1GH rig? How does the network distinguish between "too much" hashrate, and someone just getting incredibly lucky? The...
Back