• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Search results

1. 5

Proposal: Amazon Advertising

I would love to see Bitcart advance but why is there so much focus on increasing advertising when orders aren't even being fulfilled for current patrons? I placed an order 5 days ago now and have not received any GCs or a refund. I've now send 3 emails in the past 3 days, only the first one was...
  2. 5

Question concerning fund denomimation

Noted! Didn't even notice there was a dropdown menu for transaction types. Thanks for this. I agree it does make things cleaner looking for the not-so-technical user, I just wanted to know I still had the ability to see these fees. moli I could see my balance had dropped I just couldn't...
  3. 5

Question concerning fund denomimation

So I haven't denominated any funds for a couple months, but have been over the past few days. I just checked on the wallet a couple hours ago and noticed that my transaction list no longer displays any denomination fees or collateral fees. Is this a bug or were these transactions removed from...
  4. 5

Automatic Wallet Backup Documentation

Thanks for pointing out the obvious goof, and yes I am using .23. EDIT: Ignore me, I'm an idiot. Downloaded .23 and then forgot to extract the files. I should sleep more often.
  5. 5

Automatic Wallet Backup Documentation

Am I missing something here? I put -createwalletbackups=10 in my dash.conf and there is still no backup folder after restarting he client several times. Win7 64
  6. 5

Hashrate Calculation Questions

For the casual miner, who may need 800w to run 4-5 high end gpu's, it is typically cheaper to buy 2x500w psu's rather than a good 1000w unit. I've done this in the past as well. I still say the best way to avoid blowing a psu is to use a watt meter and always leave ~20% overhead.
  7. 5

Croutonrant #331 - Marketing a waste of time/money currently! Also PoW is an exclusionary dead end!

I agree with darkwing here, this smells like selective/round robin PoS, without the stake. So with this model implemented, on the small scale I can install the DASH client on my cryptoclueless friend's/family's/coworker's computer the next time I work on it, and collect the reward next time I...
  8. 5

Croutonrant #331 - Marketing a waste of time/money currently! Also PoW is an exclusionary dead end!

@ thelonecrouton: Well written my friend. It could very well work as you say. @ darkwing: great to see these concepts expanded a little, I like the masterpool idea as well. Keeps PoW around and gets DASH in the hands of those who don't have the funds to run a MN. If crouton's idea were to be...
  9. 5

Points taken, thanks for taking the time to explain that better for my sake. We had mentioned the idea earlier that masternode shares should be supported at the protocol level, I guess my biggest concern with the current method isn't the "centralisation" (which is indeed minimal, with the...
  10. 5

Self-sustainable Decentralized Governance by Blockchain

Short term price swings are not our biggest concern., and as a side note the trader in me really likes the sound of that volatility... Personally I also do not think a large number of masternode operators will sell of their node just because of an occasional income flux from 100%-85% of expected...
  11. 5

I understand how the masternode network offers greater security (linear vs exponential) than PoW, my question was: How does this hybrid state we are in right now measure up? Is the DASH blockchain still just as susceptible to a PoW 51% attack even if there are little to no masternodes...
  12. 5

I had 2 questions prepared when I started reading your reply, and you answered one of them in the post: I was (and still am obviously) going to comment on how masternode shares are a form of centralization (one of those words we don't take kindly to in these parts) and that would need to change...
  13. 5

Playing devil's advocate here... I'd like to focus on point 2... If there are not enough computational devices to secure the blockchain, then how do we secure it? Or better yet, what will be capable of comprimising it without the aforementioned computational power? Ok POW is exclusive of...
  14. 5

... And the best way to avoid any lump sum payments is to not have a fund to pay them out from!
  15. 5

And what percentage of startups "manage to work?" Can we see some data to back that up?
  16. 5

@ masternode: It's abusable the same way that the whole (current) crypto ecosystem is abusable, a "dev" can come up with a seemingly genius plan that would provide a great service to our ecosystem, but the plan would of course require an upfront payment to get things rolling. The awesome plan...
  17. 5

This is just reducing the plan down to a blockchain integrated direct donation model. I believe we can do this already without any voting. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe MN operators do have the option to divert x% of earnings to a given address.
  18. 5

Glad to see we're at least reading the same book. :-) I wasn't trying to rip your idea apart as much as I ended up doing, it all just kinda spilled out at once as a general response to everything I've read on this topic the past few days. :P
  19. 5

Alright it's time for me to put my 2 duffs in... This reimbursement method could cause trouble. Think about it... There's a scheduled "bonus" for 500/1000/however many blocks, this attracts multipools and other exploitative miners who are just looking for the best $/day they can get. These...
  20. 5

Does anybody know whose p2pool node this is?

Hah yeah, once again the almighty assumption has made an ass of me :P
Back