• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Search results

1. Syntheist

What is up with the CoPay wallet?

Loving the wallet, I'm going to play with all the advanced features. But first a bug: I turned on fingerprint scanning and now I can't access the app, looks like it's not tying into android's system for scanning. The home button scanner I have stays in home button mode and therefore I have no...
  2. Syntheist

Dash Doesn't Need to Reinvent the Wheel with Advertising - Online Search Beats it All

Good to see you back on here @dashdisciple The proposal was created in collaboration with Dashdisciple starting back in September, but I had to delay the release due to the work load of Circus City and the need to bring the Radiolab proposal to conclusion when it became clear that it was not...
  3. Syntheist

Google Adwords

I've added in a line to the budget that makes it clearer that the wages will be paid on an hourly basis rather than as a monthly salary, thus the network will only be paying for full time work if that is what it takes to run the campaign. It also gives us some flexibility in terms of hiring...
  4. Syntheist

Google Adwords

The timeline currently depends on the release of the Ogilvy & Mather branding update, this is scheduled for December/January as i understand it. Given the lack of proposals this month we may put in the proposal and if successful hold the the funds until the rebranding is released. The logic for...
  5. Syntheist

Google Adwords

I think that the high cost of crypto related clicks calls for a relatively high expenditure, and having a high tier account requires the monthly spend of $150,000+. The advice I received was very clear that $150k would be the minimum necessary to generate meaningful data. I'm open to...
  6. Syntheist

Google Adwords

Thanks for the response, I'm happy that you feel the pre-proposal is clear. 1) I come from a background in theatre, however since May I've been making my living working full time for Dash as an advocate for user adoption and reaching outside the crypto-sphere to new users, you can take a look...
  7. Syntheist

Google Adwords

UPDATED December 21st 60 Day SMA Team experience Background: Dash is missing the mainstay of any online marketing department: a data oriented, highly targeted, pay-per-click Google Adwords campaign that will complement other Dash marketing activity by providing an online presence. Through...
  8. Syntheist

Dash hot wallet and General Bytes ATM

The whole of kraken is completely dysfunctional at the moment, they posted that there will be an upgrade within a week, so perhaps it will become functional again. https://blog.kraken.com/post/1399/degraded-service-upgrade-next-week/
  9. Syntheist

Official Pre-Proposal: Proposal Evaluation Committee

The best advice is given here: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/8-steps-to-a-successful-proposal.18377/
  10. Syntheist

8 Steps to a Successful Proposal

This is an excellent post, I think it should be stickied in the proposal section of the forum, there have been several proposals in the last month that would have benefited from reading this before submitting and paying their 5 Dash. It is also the case that this info isn't covered anywhere...
  11. Syntheist

Proposal: Adverts on Radiolab

Final Radiolab Update 17/12/02 Overall Status The Radiolab Campaign is now over and this is the last report for the project. The campaign has delivered far lower levels of engagement than hoped. Lessons can be drawn from the proposal which should be applied to future...
  12. Syntheist

Proposal: Circus City Sponsorship

Thanks for your support and feedback throughout the proposal @jimbursch, mobile wallets will be key to the real world usage of Dash. I'm looking forward to trying out the copay wallet, I've been following Chuck Williams' updates in the discord channel. The Dash Circus Network, as we are...
  13. Syntheist

Buy dash with no stops or limits

Any good exchange site that sells Dash. I use Kraken but it's having issues currently that make it very slow and annoying to use. You can try any of the exchanges listed here: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dash/#markets
  14. Syntheist

Dash Watch Pre-proposal

I got over excited, I helped paragon through the process of submitting the proposal and then posted here afterwards. You can be sure when paragon confirms it. I haven't heard of anyone stealing a pre-proposal, sounds like a great way to throw away 5 Dash. You raise a good point though, I...
  15. Syntheist

Dash Watch Pre-proposal

Looks like the Dash Watch proposal is now live! https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Dash-Watch Time to get voting.
  16. Syntheist

Can cryptocurrency be money?

That's the title of this very interesting presentation by Prof. Steve Keen, a favourite of mine because he takes a no bullshit approach to the business of economics. Following a debunking of the idea of an economy based on barter (one has never existed) and an introduction to the properties of...
  17. Syntheist

BITMAIN ARE MANIPULATING THE X11 MINERS IN NOVEMBER

Sounds like very poor customer service. If I ran a company that made machines that turned electricity into money I would make sure never to run those machines myself, I would send them out as soon as possible and for the lowest price. I would make sure my customers had everything they needed to...
  18. Syntheist

BITMAIN RUINING THE DASH MINING SYSTEM!

Nothing will happen. Unprofitable miners will stop losing money, profitable miners will make more money. Everyone will benefit. Welcome to the painful reality of global competition. The reality is that this is a race the end of Moore's Law, this happens when transistors are about 5NM apart...
  19. Syntheist

Yes, it's clear that planned obsolescence is part of Apple's business model to force people to stop using old phones. Thanks for the background info about it not being possible to even provide an app for older phones. It makes sense that this would be their policy. We always asked people to...
  20. Syntheist

2/2 Sponsorship Evaluation: Circus City For Circus City the sponsorship was hugely beneficial for a number of reasons, it enabled the festival to run a dedicated hub for the first time, in the same location as the Dash Help Desk, generating a sense of community and giving them a public facing...
Back