• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Search results

1. Pietro Speroni

Dash QT appearing as virus

Hello, I am on a Mac OSX. Using Avast Security. I just tried to install Dash Core 19.2.0 but got hit by: This is malware. Which alternative wallet should I instead use? I have several of my funds on DASH Electrum 4.1.5.0. I gathered Dash Electrum is no longer active. Will the words work on...
  2. Pietro Speroni

Incompatibility between DashNexus, Ledger nano s and DashMasternodeTool

let me guess, you are being ironic, right?
  3. Pietro Speroni

Dash privacy features deserve the same regulatory treatment as Bitcoin

We are facing an unsolvable situation. We have Privacy, Know Your Costumer Social Symmetry (Not having a Big Brother) And basically so far it seems it is only possible to have systems that have 2 of those 3 fundamental qualities. And depending which of the three you drop you have a different...
  4. Pietro Speroni

Incompatibility between DashNexus, Ledger nano s and DashMasternodeTool

Hello, I just wanted to raise a flag about an incompatibility between those three softwares: DashNexus, Ledger Nano and DashMasternode Tool. In the DashNexus to participate in the discussion you need to prove that you are the owner of a masternode. Fine. Unfortunately to prove it you are asked...
  5. Pietro Speroni

Dash privacy features deserve the same regulatory treatment as Bitcoin

I'm unconvinced, sorry. Even though you can make the same transactions in Bitcoin and in Dash, making them in bitcoin would cost much more and would be much slower. As such they are not really available, while in Dash they really are available. Regards, Pietro
  6. Pietro Speroni

Dash Core Group Q2 2019 Summary Call - Thursday, 8 August 2019

Hello, I have several questions. I shall try to write them in separate posts to think through them better, and to let people vote for them individually: 1) what is the real situation of Dash in Venezuela (past, present and future)? Seriously we received all sort of contradictory informations...
  7. Pietro Speroni

Dash Latam Announces Venezuela Breaches 10,000 Active Mobile Dash Wallet Installs; First to 10K

Hi George, Let's say that a wallet is active not just if it was turned on, but if it received or sent some dash in the last week. Would we have a way to measure this? Also I am reading very different reports over how many merchants are really active in Venezuela. The number move from 300 to...
  8. Pietro Speroni

Dash Latam Announces Venezuela Breaches 10,000 Active Mobile Dash Wallet Installs; First to 10K

Very interesting @George Donnelly . I have a question. If the Dash wallet is inside each telephone bought, then it is natural that the number of wallets will skyrocket. But this is not telling much about real Dash adoption. How do you distinguish (if you do) between wallets that are actually...
  9. Pietro Speroni

Transparency: measuring local transactions

Hi @tungfa , maybe the reason why this person is not starting his own thread is that you are not allowed to start a new thread with a new account. Is that so, @Vins3000 ?
  10. Pietro Speroni

Transparency: measuring local transactions

I am happy to see Dash is still moving strong and survived its second crypto winter. As I explore the state of the Dash network I would like to see a number of data. In particular is it possible to find out the number of transactions that are happening in a specific part of the world? Like how...
  11. Pietro Speroni

Stupids and Spies bought masternodes in order to stop governance.

I have no master. I come here with my name, my cv, my research published. And I represent only myself. But who are you? Who is behind you? Are you actually paid to come to this forum? You speak about spies,and your behaviour is all but transparent.
  12. Pietro Speroni

Dash Empire: To The Moon (tabletop card game)

Thanks for the suggestion. I am not very much an adv person. So my knowledge is limited. You are basically suggesting that we support your game in exchange for it to become a vehicle for dash advertisement. Nevertheless my guess is that a board game has limited potentiality to reach enough...
  13. Pietro Speroni

Which masternodes voted and what exactly voted on various proposals.

Hi @demo . I don't have much time. I personally do not support taking money away from people in general. I don't exclude one day there might be a system such as this in place as the way distributed juries might punish specific individuals that broke some laws. This could be the way the DAO...
  14. Pietro Speroni

what a terrible idea @demo. You have no problem that those spies exists, and here you are already planning to steal money from people to balance something that exists only in your mind.
  15. Pietro Speroni

Hmm, not sure. I agree that this information is really important. Probably the 70 masternodes is Evan Duffield. Maybe you could calculate the Gini Index (I never did it, but I am sure the instructions on how to do it are online). This is a measure of how centralised a society is.
  16. Pietro Speroni

What is a better reward for the community?

I agree with @jimbursch . I see very little use of this. And no need or possibility to vote for something that is protected by NDA.
  17. Pietro Speroni

payment queue

no. The randomness is just among the proposals in the top 10%. But you still should know what your position is. So you know how far you are from the top 10%.
  18. Pietro Speroni

payment queue

Well, at the moment all my masternodes signal that they need to be restarted. And I shall just ignore it. When I had only 1 masternode I always ignored it because I was too terrorised to try it, and it worked very well. Then I tried to restart it one time to check if the position on dashcentral...
Back