• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Search results

1. NickfromSA

Proposal: OpenBazaar integration

Hi guys, I saw this article last night on Cryptocoin news and thought it would be a great opportunity for Dash integration: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-fees-rise-openbazaar-looks-altcoin-payments/ I see Charlie Lee from Litecoin has already assigned a developer to integrate into...
  2. NickfromSA

Proposal: Dash funds education and gives financial access (#DashDoesGood)

Hey, I saw this article: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-fees-rise-openbazaar-looks-altcoin-payments/ I figured it was something the Dash Dev team should look into. Would be an awesome opportunity for integration
  3. NickfromSA

CAMEROON CRYPTO EDUCATION PROJECT

I'm from South Africa and see how cryptocurrencies can and will benefit the African market. In fact, because there is such a strong push for mobile payments on the continent I think that the crypto revolution will take place here rather than anywhere else. I had a similar education based...
  4. NickfromSA

Hey TanteStefana, I actually reached out to a payment service provider already (www.payfast.co.za). They were interested in the integration as they already provide bitcoin integration to a number of online retailers around South Africa. They need an exchange that they can provide ZAR - Dash...
  5. NickfromSA

Makes a lot of sense. We have a few bitcoin payment integration services so I will get a sense from them as to a willingness to accept Dash. Thanks again for the input
  6. NickfromSA

Cheers for the suggestion! It would be a good way to test the idea and see feedback.
  7. NickfromSA

Hi camosoul, thanks for feedback. I think sub-saharan African might be the market that is going to adopt cryptos earlier than developed markets. This is because there is a strong need for mobile banking services and remittances plus it is difficult to open a bank account without going into a...
  8. NickfromSA

Hi Ewok, thanks for feedback. Agree on the merchant front. My feeling is that if people are holding Dash and wanting to spend it, they will help drive the merchants to adopt Dash. This customer driven approach could be more effectively than simply going to merchants and saying 'Hey, you should...
  9. NickfromSA

Thanks so much for the feedback! Yes that is exactly what I am thinking - once students own Dash they will have an emotional link having 'earned' it and will have to open a wallet to receive it. This will then get merchants to start adopting Dash since students will not want to go through the...
  10. NickfromSA

@JZA, thanks so much for the feedback and comments. In response to specific points: 1. I've updated my post - my mistake! I was actually aware of the other coin but wasn't sure the correct referral for a unit of Dash. 2. Francophone and Portuguese countries make up probably 10-20% of the...
  11. NickfromSA

Dash to Bank the Unbanked

@ewok This is a great initiative. I saw this and thought it related to the proposal I just posted - 'Dash to fund education and give financial access'. This proposal will use Dash to bank the unbanked... Let me know your thoughts
  12. NickfromSA

Key points: - Students can earn Dash for reaching education milestones - We will call our student dashboard the "Dash" board and have it branded Dash and a link to the site - The project will generate huge interest in Dash, especially in sub-Saharan Africa, is key as most people have mobile...
Back