• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Search results

1. J

Renaming PrivateSend Discussion - In response to the 2020 Q4 Conference Call

Both of these ideas I like. One of the visions of DashPay was to have a Cash account (automatic mixing) and a Savings account (regular unmixed dash). I also like the idea of paying rewards to those who mix. Right now there is a time cost and a slight random fee for those who mix coins. It would...
  2. J

Send and CashSend? Or DashSend and CashSend? Still need a name for "mixing" - or just make it "Mix" / "Mix Coins"?
  3. J

Mixing -> "Blend" : " Blends your coins with other users, preventing others from seeing your account balance when you transact." "BlendSend" (kinda cheesy but has a ring to it) "Send from blended coins." Yeah, I agree with blockchaintech, coinjoin is too crypto-y, not very grandma-friendly.
  4. J

100,000 Views on Youtube Reviewing Dash

I'd vote for you, but I think this is an example of a proposal that would be great for Dash Boost. It's a small ask: you're planning on spending 5 dash to get 7 (+5) back. It would look better to request only 8 dash instead (Dash Boost), and it would arguably be less risky. (Less risk if failed...
  5. J

Mises Event - San Francisco Seminar on the Future of Money

Update! "We will have event promotion mentioning DASH sponsorship on May 2 and May 14 on Facebook and Twitter."
  6. J

Update! The sponsorship has been paid!
  7. J

Update! Please see original post.
  8. J

Update: "We will have event promotion mentioning DASH sponsorship on May 2 and May 14 on Facebook and Twitter." First email promotion: Update! The sponsorship has been pre-paid! I have sent the sponsorship donation on behalf of Dash Digital Cash to the Mises Institute for this upcoming...
  9. J

Pre-proposal: DASH PrivateSend De-Anonymization Contest

I love this idea and think this should be implemented sooner rather than later. On the reward, pricing it in USD adds an interesting dynamic. Increasing the USD value over time doesn't mean they would be getting a better value. $25,000 in Dash today could be more Dash than $100,000 9 months...
  10. J

A Potential Goldmine: Making The #FirstDashWallet Campaign Permanent

If this reaches poorer countries, giving those people $10 worth of Dash could help allow more trade to occur in those places and could boost our transaction volume, allowing us to test out our network capacity. Or people might just forget about the Dash it and hold it, and hopefully not lose...
  11. J

[Request for Improvement] Make Dashcentral.org troll-proof

I think there are plenty other active spaces for non-MNOs to voice their opinion on proposals, including the forum, Reddit, and slack. But even if we don't go so far as to restrict the conversation on DashCentral to only MNOs and proposal owners, I'd support adding "MNO" and "Proposal Owner"...
  12. J

Pre-proposal: Grassroots Crowdfunding System

I like the idea. My first thought was about security, but using an offline wallet would be good. I like the anti-spam fee of 0.1 Dash - I assume it would be where I, submitting a proposal, kick off the funding by donating 0.1 Dash to myself, yeah? What's the point of asking everyone to fund...
  13. J

Pre-Proposal: Reimburse the Dash Piper

I asked to be part of the event. I originally wanted to be announced as the Dash Piper and to either open or close the event with a short performance. This wasn't able to work so I instead played outside for an extended time as people left the event. We don't often see businesses with bagpipes...
  14. J

Pre-Proposal: Reimburse the Dash Piper

Hello! I'm Joe, the Dash Piper. I've been playing bagpipes for over 9 years. If you went to the Dash open house at Skysong at ASU you might've seen me play after the event. I piped outside the building entrance in my kilt and my Dash shirt for people to watch and listen as they filtered out of...
  15. J

Let's take a quick vote on proposal costs

It's hard to decide on a proposal fee. On the one hand, a low fee is great because it allows more people that have ideas to submit them to get them funded. On the other hand, more proposals might lead MNOs to not spend as much time figuring out which proposals are the best and which ones might...
  16. J

Dash Core Team Q4 2016 Summary Call

My thoughts on some of these cool ideas: Here's my 2 duffs (worth $0.000000856!) :) 1. I think the plan with the "savings accounts" is anyone can start a masternode from the pooled funds. 3. This might also lead to centralization. As Dash rises, MNOs are more likely to localize their server...
Back