• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Search results

1. Macrochip

POLL: Which wallet(s) do you use for Dash?

LOL You're right, I did: https://github.com/Bertrand256/electrum-dash But so did almost everyone else it seems: It's neither here: https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/docs/user/wallets/electrum/installation.html Nor here: https://www.dash.org/downloads/ Ctrl+F "Electrum" -> 0 hits: Perhaps it...
  2. Macrochip

POLL: Which wallet(s) do you use for Dash?

I guess you missed the drama early last year. Electrum is dead. Whatever outdated binaries might still be out there, using them would probably amount to financial suicide.
  3. Macrochip

Will Dash Platorm enable the creation of DEXs to rival Maya and Thor?

My knowledge on DEX architecture is limited. How do you bootstrap a DEX? I guess you need some operators/nodes/whatever they're called to provide service, liquidity, escrow(?). How do Thor, Maya do that? Is the service reliable with acceptable performance? Does the fee income sufficiently...
  4. Macrochip

DashPay Reddit and dash.org/forum not user friendly towards price speculation and market discussion

Of course it was an invite for r/dashpay. I do not own and cannot send invites for r/dashmarkets and even if I did, it would have been a rather cruel joke to invite you to mod a dead subreddit, don't you think? Plus, why would I invite you to r/dashmarkets before you even created this 6 day old...
  5. Macrochip

DashPay Reddit and dash.org/forum not user friendly towards price speculation and market discussion

10 days ago I sent you a mod invite, qwizzie. Click accept and rewrite the rule. Even though I don't see the point. You're probably the first person in years to even notice them. Anyway, it's not like we all sat down and came up with these rules in some sort of vote or large consensus event...
  6. Macrochip

Should Platform run on all nodes or should Platform run only on High Performance nodes ?

I don't understand... I thought if I choose to upgrade my node(s) to run Platform I get paid additional Platform usage fees to offset/eliminate/surpass (short/mid/long-term) the higher operation cost of a High Performance node? We already have a 1k Dash barrier of entry. To introduce another one...
  7. Macrochip

dash.org Forums

I don't believe Dash is dead. Looking at my post now I certainly give the impression, though. That was not my intent. In fact I think things look much brighter than they had in years: Development is on full steam and more transparent than ever before (bi-weekly sprints), lots of dead weight...
  8. Macrochip

dash.org Forums

Ehh. Let's face it: Dash itself is lightly travelled. Valkyrie had Dash removed because of low demand. So did many other platforms in the past, despite our network paying for most of these integrations. You just can't buy organic interest. That's why I always opposed spending money on...
  9. Macrochip

Proposal: start of an independent Dash development team in Estonia

The amount is irrelevant. The position of becoming an additional Dash dev team is the significant part that prompted my attention. The Dash community defers to "the devs" when it comes to developmental decisions. That has quite an impact. Since the focus of your efforts seems to be a smartcard...
  10. Macrochip

Perhaps I was wrong in assuming the context of this proposal would categorize my question correctly. I meant development efforts, since you're proposing to start developing for Dash and there should be something tangible for us to judge your qualifications as an independent dev team. Otherwise...
  11. Macrochip

Have you done anything useful for Dash so far? It's easier to ask for money if you can point to past achievements.
  12. Macrochip

A Tale They Would Remove In Dash Talk Discord

Of course I've locked Ryan's AMA and it has nothing to do with censorship. The AMA had concluded and Ryan left the conversation as he indicated himself. Further posts would only deteriorate the state of the conversation. Other subs do that too when an AMA is finished. It was an ontopic, highly...
  13. Macrochip

And just for completeness sake, here you go. All my moderator actions of the last 19 days. First 3 pages of the modlogs filtered for me specifically since I do almost all of the modding myself. Most of the removals are duplicate or spam threads/comments as easily visible by the title One...
  14. Macrochip

That's a nonsensical approach to the violation. It is offtopic content that has nothing to do with the Dash cryptocurrency as I have thoroughly explained above. If someone started talking about their kidney stones on r/dashpay I would have to close the thread for comments and leave it visible...
  15. Macrochip

Thanks for missing the point entirely. 99.999% of threads that are deleted on r/dashpay are spam/altcoin/gambling promotions and those happen luckily automatically (mostly) otherwise we'd go insane. Most of the manual moderation that takes place is actually approving comments from new joins as...
  16. Macrochip

It's funny how it's "moderation" when one party does it but suddenly becomes "censorship" when someone else does. The thread was removed under the OFFTOPIC rule of the sub. It has nothing to do with Dash the cryptocurrency. It's only about interpersonal drama no investor, user or holder cares...
  17. Macrochip

[SCAM CONFIRMED] It SEEMS as though the Dash Documentary Team is trying to rip us off

So. Anyone still wanting me to retract my accusation? It's been 15 months since their "response" and still absolutely nothing. @DashDocumentary how do you plan on paying back the DAO?
  18. Macrochip

Dash Core Group September 1st budget proposals to be posted by EOD August 10th

Hi Glenn, please doublecheck the accounting -> https://app.dashnexus.org/proposals/dash-core-group-compensation-sept-nov/overview You've calculated [(2866 + 5 prop fee) * 3 months] since it's a multi-month proposal when it should've been [(2866 * 3 months) + 5 prop fee] The proposal fee is...
  19. Macrochip

Can we protect our name? https://www.dash.com.sg/ Singtel DASH

Legal action? We should be happy they don't sue us. Their domain was created in January 2012. A full 2 years before Darkcoin and over 3 years before the Dash rebrand.
Back