• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Electrum app requiring password in different window?

mikepacasi

Screenshot_20230528-111321.png

I do not see this string in Electrum, and it looks a little fuzzy to me so indeed you did the right thing. When I briefly owned the Electrum code as a caretaker I couldn't get Android to build though, so my knowledge here may be out of date however I do see a feature to do with encryption passwords, but it uses differing strings.

@Bertrand256 is the current maintainer or you can create an issue on their Github over here with your screenshot and another maintainer may recognise it: https://github.com/Bertrand256/electrum-dash

THIS IS WHAT I' VE GOT WHEN TRYING TO OPEN MY MOBILE APP ELECTRUM WALLET. OFF COURSE O DID NOT ENTER MY PASSWORD.

IS THIS A MALWARE?
I confirm what @Monotoko wrote, that I recently took on the task of bringing the Dash Electrum application code to life, resulting in binary versions for major operating systems, including Android. At this point, I have not yet made almost any changes to the functionality, only to the build scripts and a not-very-welcomed message box displayed at the app's startup.

As for the password question in a separate window, you pointed out, the latest version I've built (v4.1.7.1) behaves differently (at least on my phone) - the password question does not appear in the main window, not in a separate dialog:
2023-05-29_13-51-16.png

I do not know to what extent the version for Android is useful and functional. For the moment it is simply the result of compiling code created earlier, so I suggest not using it to store significant funds. At the moment, it's best to avoid downloading it from app stores like Google Play, F-Droid, etc - these are either old versions published by the previous developer (no idea if they weren't taken over by someone), or simply malware that pretends to be official versions. If you really have to use the Android version of Dash Electrum, I would suggest downloading it directly from this repository in GitHub: https://github.com/Bertrand256/electrum-dash/releases/tag/4.1.7.1

I still have version 4.1.5.0 installed from F-Droid in 2021, which is still the latest version in the F-Droid repository, and it looks exactly like Bertrand's picture above. Is the OP is trying to open Dash Electrum from a shortcut within another app?

Back